Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 9:37:25 PM EDT
After reading about the CZ 805 Bren rifle and watching some videos on it, I'm hoping that CZ-USA will market a semi-auto version soon, like within the next couple of years.  One article that I read was that it would be about 5 plus years before it even takes root.... It cannot be imported do the the lack of "sporting" points by the ATF.  

Since it has a removable/replaceable magazine well, why not import them the a single stack, 5rd magazine and an non-threaded 16" barrel "AND" do the conversion work in the U.S. like many other manufacturers and distributors?

I don't know if CZ-USA has a manufacture's space in the country, but it would be a issue for a company, with a great rep., to be contracted out to do the conversions... Heck, I would send all the gunsmith to the Czech Republic to lean how to do it right.

I understand about the 7 needed U.S. Made parts issue, but supply them with a PMag magazine, a set of U.S. made hammer, trigger and sear.  Plus, an U.S. Made gas rod or charging handle... That's the 7 needed parts.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of either the Beretta ARX-100 or that fugly azz FN bullpup 5.56mm rifle offered a few years ago, but the CZ 805 Bren has far sleeker appearance and pretty much to the point look about it.  The only thing that comes close to this is the HK semi-auto G-36 rifle that may or may not make it to the U.S. Market, but if given the chance between the both, I would go with the CZ model in a heartbeat.

I would be cool if CZ would also import their Scorpion EVO 3 A1 in a 9mm form as well!!  That would a nice SBR!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I love CZ and currently own a VZ-58, P-07 pistol and 452 .22LR tack driver...  I would love both the Evo and 805...  They need to build it and I just have to move out of CT first.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The CZ Scorpion looks good. It has been on sale in other countries for a while now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The Bren and Scorpion are coming in civi form, but CZ says not for a few years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone who shot it on semi, 2 round and FA I would pass on it. The Scar felt much better to me. Less recoil and smoother action. I have video of me shooting it on my hard drive somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top