Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 9:01:40 PM EDT
I have an old Ted Williams 12ga I would like to get modified to accept choke tubes... Any particular gunsmiths that you recommend?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Rem 870 from the 1970's.  I was told by a smith that the barrel walls were too thin to work with.

ETA     He didn't just say that.  I had a mid rib bead installed and he said he'd check the barrel to see if it was doable.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:46:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Briley of course.  But I would not put several hundred dollars with of gunsmithing into a $150 gun.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Briley of course.  But I would not put several hundred dollars with of gunsmithing into a $150 gun.  
View Quote

Yep.  I'd be a better plan to just to buy a new Rem 870 Express.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, the cost of installtion with a single tube is something like $200...
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]
One of our own.

135.00 installed.

Link
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One of our own.

135.00 installed.

Link
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Look in Shotgun News.  I bought my barrel from an advert there, and the guy took my old barrel and a couple 10/22 barrels in trade.  

Find the barrel you need.

Is the Ted Williams likely to be a Winchester, Stevens, Browning  pattern?  If not, I would not spend money on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top