Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it suck, yes of course. does he have my money, yes. but in the end I will have something that no one else near me has and for that I will wait. mine is paid in full minus shipping. and i have I am guessing a thousand people in front of me or at least 107. I really dont care that his emails arent professional. I dont need someone blowing smoke up my ass. Mark was straight up and said the truth apparently. it blows but better than sending "we are working on it" One day it will come in and the people who decided not to pull the trigger and get one or traded their spot will be even more upset when it does come out and they missed out. The money is in limbo, you know you would have spent it on something else anyway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I received a call back. Missed it, and called back. Spoke with a "Jim". He spoke with Mark. No refunds. I'm welcome to sell my pre-order slot myself, but that's not something they facilitate.

Mark must have known this was going to take longer than the initial April delivery promise if he's butting up against a tooling issue right now. His updates are unprofessional, and this is not his first preorder rodeo where he's missed deadlines. 3 strikes and you're out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I called. Nobody answered. I left a message asking for my money back. They broke the contract when they failed to deliver in April.

Let us know if you get any reply

I received a call back. Missed it, and called back. Spoke with a "Jim". He spoke with Mark. No refunds. I'm welcome to sell my pre-order slot myself, but that's not something they facilitate.

Mark must have known this was going to take longer than the initial April delivery promise if he's butting up against a tooling issue right now. His updates are unprofessional, and this is not his first preorder rodeo where he's missed deadlines. 3 strikes and you're out.

I am interested in taking your place in line.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a call from the company Wednesday.  I am also on the waiting list for the upper.  I had paid in full for a receiver and had paid the then estimated cost of some additional engraving (my name, city, state, and a special logo).  The engraving was of less cost than originally estimated, and the phone call was to ask if I wanted a check for the difference sent with the receiver or to have the amount credited to my SU-15 upper.  I chose to have it credited to my upper.  I will wait...I am confident the upper will be nice.  I also asked the length of the upper I ordered (going to be making a SBR with it) so I could submit my Form 1 as soon as my receiver w/serial number arrives this coming week and I calculate the oal of my SBR.  

Note:  The special engraving is not something routinely offered by the company to the best of my knowledge and it delayed my order, but they were honest about the final cost and nice to call me regarding the overpayment.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Still semi interested in taking someones place but its not looking as i figured.  From the posts here it doesnt look very promising
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it possible he blew through the preorder cash, including the supposed capital he received from investors, and has to focus on building .50s and the Super Shorty to raise enough money to continue development?

I don't understand why this isn't a priority.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys are full of hot air.  Complaining and wanting a refund, but no ones taking my offer.  Me thinks they secretly want SU-15 even after all this wait.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys are full of hot air.  Complaining and wanting a refund, but no ones taking my offer.  Me thinks they secretly want SU-15 even after all this wait.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

X2
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Passing this along to those who made a deposit/full payment on the su-15.  From Jim at Serbu Firearms

Unfortunately, the deposit is non-refundable but is transferable

Furthermore, Anybody who paid in full who would like a refund may have that refund minus the non-refundable deposit
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it possible he blew through the preorder cash, including the supposed capital he received from investors, and has to focus on building .50s and the Super Shorty to raise enough money to continue development?

I don't understand why this isn't a priority.
View Quote

No. We used to be neighbors at Johns Rd Center. He's a terrible businessman. He knows that. But the money is there and will be there. Ask any of the people that went through the OG 50 cal build with him, it took forever. The 50A was promised for YEARS before he was able to deliver. I don't know at what point he took deposits on those.

He is the most anal person in the world and until everything is perfect he won't put his name on it.

What he's going through right now is "Shit, I have to make .50 cals, Super Shorties (I have one BTW), and this upper. Okay, let's get this running, let's do that, let's get started on this. Fuck, that's not working." I don't know how many employees he is currently at, he was looking for a CNC guy recently after he fired everyone. But, he could have 50 people in there, he'd be micromanaging every single piece of it.

You know that guy that trained you, that even if you were doing it right, you were wrong if it wasn't exactly his way? That's Mark.

His heart is there. He's one of our biggest proponents. He makes one helluva product. Those of us that know the quality are okay with the wait. And I suspect anyone that isn't okay with the wait won't have any problem selling their spot in line.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the insight. Giving us updates in a professional manner would go a long way. His attitude doesn't seem consistent with the way you've described him, and that makes people nervous.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I worked for Mark for a number of years. He is very attention to detail oriented. He won't turn it out till it's 100% to his satisfaction.
He isn't a fly by night operator. If he took money on a deposit. You will get a product you will be happy about.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If he took money on a deposit. You will get a product you will be happy about.
View Quote

but WHEN? That's the issue here. People obviously wanted the SU15 enough to drop 1000 for a preorder, but there is a period of time after which that pre-order money floating around in the ether becomes money wasted.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

but WHEN? That's the issue here. People obviously wanted the SU15 enough to drop 1000 for a preorder, but there is a period of time after which that pre-order money floating around in the ether becomes money wasted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,000?  I thought it was $200 deposit for a $795 order.  Oh.  Prob the guys that paid in full.  Not a bright idea when your losing interest on that dollar amount
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I just read a small article in a gun magazine about this. Sorry I can't quite recall which magazine it was.

Said article seemed awfully skimpy on details.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$1,000?  I thought it was $200 deposit for a $795 order.  Oh.  Prob the guys that paid in full.  Not a bright idea when your losing interest on that dollar amount
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well for a certain time then the price went up
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:18:23 AM EDT
[#18]
MS promises an update around 9/17/15 on facebook....hopefully some progress is being made. I'm a pretty damn patient gun guy, I'm fine if it takes another year or two, I just want a good product in the end. I have other guns to keep me happy until then.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Per Facebook, fixture is made, he doesn't like the surface finish he's getting, but it's all little stuff at this point. 30 days for our next update.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd still like to get one of these, but I'll wait till they are in stock somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Thats just the way Mark works.  I was in on the original 50BMG deal.  What,  maybe 15-18 years ago.  Its an amazing rifle, but youre not getting anything until Mark is satisfied.  If you arent good with waiting, then you should have searched the interwebs for his business practices.

All that said, i have no doubt itll be an excellent upper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd still like to get one of these, but I'll wait till they are in stock somewhere.
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#23]
"Don't have any updates on the SU-15 today. Should be something update-worthy in the next week or so..."

Hey, we're at "week or so" updates instead of monthly
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 4:09:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I bailed on the group buy after reading about the 50bmg etc and the long waits and no communication.  yeaaahhhh no thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Wooo, 30 days go by with no update, except to say there might be an update next week. Here's to another 6 months!
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I've decided to sell my spot. If anybody is interested, feel free to IM.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Shotshow is is coming, I'm sure there will be some fake progress soon. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shotshow is is coming, I'm sure there will be some fake progress soon. DannerTrax
View Quote

Wait until then to sell sdrake.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It kills me to see his facebook page all about his .50 cal rifles, and no updates on the SU-15. 7 months have gone by with little to show for our preorders.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#30]
50s are where the high profit margins are at.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I will be at SHOT, maybe for a lark I'll stop by his booth and hold out cold, hard cash for the balance of my payment and ask if I can take the upper that is on display.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will be at SHOT, maybe for a lark I'll stop by his booth and hold out cold, hard cash for the balance of my payment and ask if I can take the upper that is on display.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Please get it on video lol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

This
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wooo, 30 days go by with no update, except to say there might be an update next week. Here's to another 6 months!
View Quote

He did say..."or so".
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#36]
This turned into a real disappointment, didn't it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not for those of us watching the ongoing wreck happen from a safe distance.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
No. It turned out exactly as expected.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#39]
It's all good. We'll get these before we get the Saiga 12 double stacks from MD Arms...
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#40]
patiently waiting. Better to have a finished product then rush it and have a shit ton of warranty returns. When you get it would you rather it be a well oiled working machine or have multiple malfunctions and be put on the list for repairs and replacement? I would go for the working product. Sit back relax and continue to wait. I just need them to contact me for shipping and we are good. I paid in full already.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
patiently waiting. Better to have a finished product then rush it and have a shit ton of warranty returns. When you get it would you rather it be a well oiled working machine or have multiple malfunctions and be put on the list for repairs and replacement? I would go for the working product. Sit back relax and continue to wait. I just need them to contact me for shipping and we are good. I paid in full already.
View Quote

Well it uses the standard bolt, firing pin, retaining pin, and cam pin of an AR.

I know there's still work to be done to make it possible, but he had a number of key components already finished for him.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn. Thread makes me sad. Its not shrike bad, not OBR drama bad, but still a shame. Hopefully, you guys get your gear.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Damn. Thread makes me sad. Its not shrike bad, not OBR drama bad, but still a shame. Hopefully, you guys get your gear.
View Quote

It'll come. Anyone in doubt can spend 3 minutes on Google and see that Mark WILL deliver. Here's to 2016
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Anyone want to wager if the SU-15 or the Desert Tech MDR comes out first?  
View Quote
I bet Sig has retractable pdw stocks for the MPX fully stocked without backorder, before both those come out

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Or is on their GEN III of the MPX by then?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone want to wager if the SU-15 or the Desert Tech MDR comes out first?  
I bet Sig has retractable pdw stocks for the MPX fully stocked without backorder, before both those come out  

Or is on their GEN III of the MPX by then?  

And not compatible with Gen I or Gen II lol
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Emailed out to preorder peeps and Facebook as well...

Mark has released the following update on the SU-15 to our Facebook page today 12/9/15.

**** SU-15 UPDATE!!! ****
Ok, today was the big day. The new receiver machining fixture that's been in the works for months was finally completed yesterday, and was used today. And it works! This thing ended up being way more elaborate than I'd have ever guessed it would have to be, but that's manufacturing for you. Yeah, this project is dragging on forever and it's costing me LOTS in missed opportunity and I'm sure it's pissing some people off. But we continue to be theunder-funded and understaffed company we've been for 19 years and while I'm trying to change that, it hasn't changed yet. This is a huge hurdle we've just crossed, and I'm not worried about solving this difficult problem any more. The rest of the machining is trivial. As far as a delivery date for the first units I still can't give an accurate estimate, but when I can I will. I've changed my refund policy on the SU-15. If you want your deposit back or if you paid in full you can get your money back, no problem.

We thank you for your continued patience and patronage,

Serbu Firearms
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I've changed my refund policy on the SU-15. If you want your deposit back or if you paid in full you can get your money back, no problem.

We thank you for your continued patience and patronage the interest-free loan,

Serbu Firearms
View Quote

Better.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top