BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 2:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Just the side rails? Or did you have to remove the top rail and barrel guide too?

The Torx slots in those screws deform very easily... They will look mangled if they get 30 inch pounds, which is what Beretta said the torque spec was, so I messed up a couple screws during installation before I made some adjustments.
View Quote
Sorry again.  Removed the side rails only.  Top & bottom pic rails were perfect for a vice, since they offer flat, parallel planar surfaces - protected with soft plastic - for clamping.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Sorry again.  Removed the side rails only.  Top & bottom pic rails were perfect for a vice, since they offer flat, parallel planar surfaces - protected with soft plastic - for clamping.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
ARX-100 A3 mod completed.

14.5" barrel
http://i64.tinypic.com/m78414.jpg

BUIS up
http://i68.tinypic.com/aa9im9.jpg

SBR
http://i66.tinypic.com/25rl0y1.jpg
View Quote
The more I look it, the rifle just looks like it was supposed to have a 14.5 barrel.  Something about it just looks right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dissident:

The more I look it, the rifle just looks like it was supposed to have a 14.5 barrel.  Something about it just looks right.
View Quote
Definitely the proper setup, with the side benefit of tightening shot groups.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:30:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#5]
Anyone know if the barrel mounted bayonet lug is available anywhere? Or is it part of the barrel?
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Anyone know if the barrel mounted bayonet lug is available anywhere? Or is it part of the barrel?
View Quote
I've seen two different bayonet lugs, one that's part of the gas block and one that's pinned to the barrel.

I don't think they are available anywhere except the military ARX-160 barrels.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen two different bayonet lugs, one that's part of the gas block and one that's pinned to the barrel.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I figured that would be the only place to get one.............shame no one makes a clamp on that looks similar to the pinned one
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#8]
ARX-100 A3 mod completed.

14.5" barrel
http://i64.tinypic.com/m78414.jpg

BUIS up
http://i68.tinypic.com/aa9im9.jpg

SBR
http://i66.tinypic.com/25rl0y1.jpg
View Quote
That 14.5 looks NICE. The barrel on these is pretty thin, did you cut it I assume? If so, did you need any sort of collar or anything to mount your FH? I’ve been thinking hard on getting one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#9]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:

That 14.5 looks NICE. The barrel on these is pretty thin, did you cut it I assume? If so, did you need any sort of collar or anything to mount your FH? I’ve been thinking hard on getting one.
View Quote
I had it done at a local gunsmith shop that specializes in custom precision rifles.  It was cut, rethreaded, & a taper washer was added, which is only just visible behind the FH.

Edited because #@$*ing auto correct.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I had it done at a local gunsmith shop that specializes in custom precision rifles.  It was cut, redheaded, & a taper washer was added, which is only just visible behind the FH.
View All Quotes

I had it done at a local gunsmith shop that specializes in custom precision rifles.  It was cut, redheaded, & a taper washer was added, which is only just visible behind the FH.
Nice, I thought I could barely what I assumed would be the taper washer there. Looks awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:45:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#11]
If anyone is looking for an ARX but doesn't have an Academy close to them but does have a Cabela's, the Cabela's in Greenville, SC has a "used" one in their Gun Library. It can be sent to any other Cabela's. I believe it is unfired, but the paper that wraps around the forend has come off due to handling. The price is 849.99.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Those A3 cuts came out great!

Now go find a GLX-160 and complete the look.
View Quote
If only.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#13]
If only.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Those A3 cuts came out great!

Now go find a GLX-160 and complete the look.
If only.
No joy on even an airsoft version.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 3:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#14]
Nevermind

ETA I've just had it pointed out to me by thehun06 that I'm dumb and not up with the times.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
It has been available for them since it was released.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:10:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#16]
Nevermind

ETA I've just had it pointed out to me by thehun06 that I'm dumb and not up with the times.
View Quote
I've been coveting the 200 since it was revealed.  Fat chance of a semi, though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I want the 200 as well...
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
I want the 200 as well...
View Quote
Yeah, me too.

Even though I don't really care for .308.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:06:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: India303] [#19]
So is the ARX faux passe, fell out of tacticool style?  Is it being discontinued or what?  Seems as if there has been a resurgence of interest and sales to back it up.   There seems to be more push back of the typical arfcom "only the stuff I like isn't gay" types ARX bashing lately.  I'm sure I read some where someone pointing out all the things they didn't like with looks being top of the list and somewhere it "weighed" more than a M4.  Yep many went in to correct that info for mr. gun expert that he was.  The price is right. And that is it's right there with the price of a Mini-14.

GB prices seemed to have gone up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 7:12:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#20]
GB prices have gone up most likely because the sellers figure people are going to want them when and if the supply dries up. Frankly, GB is a lot like a gun show these days.

Is anyone bidding on those high auctions? That will tell you what people are willing to pay.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By India303:
So is the ARX faux passe, fell out of tacticool style?  Is it being discontinued or what?  Seems as if there has been a resurgence of interest and sales to back it up.   There seems to be more push back of the typical arfcom "only the stuff I like isn't gay" types ARX bashing lately.  I'm sure I read some where someone pointing out all the things they didn't like with looks being top of the list and somewhere it "weighed" more than a M4.  Yep many went in to correct that info for mr. gun expert that he was.  The price is right. And that is it's right there with the price of a Mini-14.

View Quote
I don't think it's discontinued, I think all of the hold up is because of the Tennessee factory.

To be fair though, no one really knows.

Also, I think the ARX has that ahead of it's time feel to it and that's why it gets bashed so much.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think it's discontinued, I think all of the hold up is because of the Tennessee factory.

Also, I think the ARX has that ahead of it's time feel to it and that's why it gets bashed so much.
View All Quotes

I've inquired of Beretta a couple of times, and each time I have been told that no, they are not being discontinued.............once that factory gets up and running, they will probably start showing up again
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 6:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#23]
I've inquired of Beretta a couple of times, and each time I have been told that no, they are not being discontinued.............once that factory gets up and running, they will probably start showing up again
View All Quotes

I don’t see any reason to doubt Beretta on this.  Additionally, Beretta has been pretty responsive to the civilian gun market...I think they understand where their future lies.   So....I would venture to guess that an ARX200 would be in the future.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Romania is now going to build their ARX160 under license.. hopefully this will allow Beretta to focus on the civilian market again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Frens:
Romania is now going to build their ARX160 under license.. hopefully this will allow Beretta to focus on the civilian market again.
View Quote
Doubtful...but it is nice to see the platform finally getting some adoptions...
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doty_soty] [#26]
I don’t see any reason to doubt Beretta on this.  Additionally, Beretta has been pretty responsive to the civilian gun market...I think they understand where their future lies.   So....I would venture to guess that an ARX200 would be in the future.
View All Quotes

I hope so. I hope they aren’t looking at the market and thinking ‘why are we almost the only game in town that’s not running an AR, and we are running the ARX instead? We are in an OCEAN of AR-15 options. I’m AR’d out save for home builds and clone builds. The AR market is saturated and I expect people to look towards different rifles that share mag and ammo commonality. I’d rather Beretta keep the ARX around, and expand on it.

It has so much potential with their quick change barrel system. I worry they’ll drop support without capitalizing on one of its nearest features. They would sell tons of these if they would throw out caliber, barrel profile, and barrel length conversions. Stainless match 16/18” barrels, SBR barrels (that intermittently exist?), 300BLK, 7.62X39, 6.8SPC, 6.5G. This rifle holds so much promise and I really hope they’ll invest in it rather than abandon it. Expanding with the large frame would be an incredible step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Guarantee you Beretta is taking a look and see approach to the 2020 elections before they sink a bunch of money into the ARX, and I don't blame them. The political environment is so volatile, and the American voter so fickle.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Per our LE Rep the ARX is dead with Beretta looking at the AR/M4 market.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ARguy:
Per our LE Rep the ARX is dead with Beretta looking at the AR/M4 market.....
View Quote
Will we ever know the truth?
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Again though, the US Market doesn't get Italian ARX100's. Unless Italy brings in a pistol, it doesn't matter about Italy shifting focus or not.

And I'd be fine with Italy doing a pistol with a short barrel and a pic rail on the stock where the folder is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

Again though, the US Market doesn't get Italian ARX100's.
View Quote
Not sure all mil contract rifles come out of the Italian facility.
That news could be relevant for you in the US as well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

Again though, the US Market doesn't get Italian ARX100's.
I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been any military contract rifles coming out of Beretta USA. It's all been ARX-100s (which are semi auto only) up to this point.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Again though, the US Market doesn't get Italian ARX100's. Unless Italy brings in a pistol, it doesn't matter about Italy shifting focus or not.

And I'd be fine with Italy doing a pistol with a short barrel and a pic rail on the stock where the folder is.
View Quote
I'd buy it...however I think Beretta USA has different plans for the ARX than what the ARX160 does from Europe...

I still think...if you want an ARX...I would do so now vs waiting and hoping...
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:23:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#34]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Guarantee you Beretta is taking a look and see approach to the 2020 elections before they sink a bunch of money into the ARX, and I don't blame them. The political environment is so volatile, and the American voter so fickle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Schizophrenic.

I hope so. I hope they aren’t looking at the market and thinking ‘why are we almost the only game in town that’s not running an AR, and we are running the ARX instead? We are in an OCEAN of AR-15 options. I’m AR’d out save for home builds and clone builds. The AR market is saturated and I expect people to look towards different rifles that share mag and ammo commonality. I’d rather Beretta keep the ARX around, and expand on it.

It has so much potential with their quick change barrel system. I worry they’ll drop support without capitalizing on one of its nearest features. They would sell tons of these if they would throw out caliber, barrel profile, and barrel length conversions. Stainless match 16/18” barrels, SBR barrels (that intermittently exist?), 300BLK, 7.62X39, 6.8SPC, 6.5G. This rifle holds so much promise and I really hope they’ll invest in it rather than abandon it. Expanding with the large frame would be an incredible step in the right direction.
Caliber kits are a no brainer, & would spark interest for this rifle, IMO.

They already have the CHF tool for mfging barrels.  The heavy lifting design work for the AK lower is already done, only requiring a mod for semi only trigger, which is also essentially done via the 5.56 lower.  The biggest/slowest hurdle would be the red tape approval process.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd buy it...however I think Beretta USA has different plans for the ARX than what the ARX160 does from Europe...

View All Quotes

That's why I got one.................I am glad I did. I would bet they will eventually bring accessories to market for it. The Beretta rep who emailed me told me that it wasn't going to be discontinued, and I imagine once the new plant is running full speed we will see more
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I suspect they're just doing occasional runs of them while devoting most of the factory to their higher volume sales.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:31:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#37]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
I suspect they're just doing occasional runs of them while devoting most of the factory to their higher volume sales.
View Quote
I think they are going to pull an FN SCAR business model...

Thinking about it...before FN stopped supplying SCARs in great numbers...I could buy a new one for $2100-2200...now full MSRP....and they sell out...

Watch...I think Beretta will do the same with the ARX...as it continues to grow in popularity with .gov contracts...so will the want for civilians...
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Problem is there's only one .gov agency touted as using ARXs- Fresno PD. Unknown if they use the semi -100 or select fire -160.

If Beretta actively marketed the ARX to .gov users, they might get some bites, but they're still a niche rifle in a sea of ARs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#40]
There are several users world wide.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By thehun06:I think they are going to pull an FN SCAR business model...

Thinking about it...before FN stopped supplying SCARs in great numbers...I could buy a new one for $2100-2200...now full MSRP....and they sell out...

Watch...I think Beretta will do the same with the ARX...as it continues to grow in popularity with .gov contracts...so will the want for civilians...
View Quote
That’s pretty optimistic considering the ARX was selling for $799 which is about 40% of it’s retail price for almost all of 2018. You think that now they’ll sell for $1100 more?!?

To put that into perspective, it would be like selling Scars for $1000.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#42]
What...no...not SCAR prices but their demand will rise as supply dries up...which will increase prices...instead of flooding the market with supply...Beretta will just choke down production...like FN.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:43:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, if they didn’t raise their distributor price to match, it would just me less dollars for them. So, it doesn’t sound like it would be in their best interest,  but who knows?! All I know is I’m happy to have my SBR and get it when and how I did! Paid $799 at Academy, bought the Botach SBR kit, kept the 10”, sold the 16” and the rest of the SBR kit to break even. So, it as if I got the SBR for $799! In addition my paperwork was approved in 11 days. Things usually never works out that well for me. My other gun projects usually cost an arm and a leg and take forever, sometimes years. Good times
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Well, if they didn’t raise their distributor price to match, it would just me less dollars for them. So, it doesn’t sound like it would be in their best interest,  but who knows?! All I know is I’m happy to have my SBR and get it when and how I did! Paid $799 at Academy, bought the Botach SBR kit, kept the 10”, sold the 16” and the rest of the SBR kit to break even. So, it as if I got the SBR for $799! In addition my paperwork was approved in 11 days. Things usually never works out that well for me. My other gun projects usually cost an arm and a leg and take forever, sometimes years. Good times
View Quote
I doubt they’d get many distributor orders if they raised prices, let alone by hundreds of dollars. If they had trouble selling them cheap, I doubt they’ll be lining up to sell them expensive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#45]
To go along with that, I received this from Beretta today:

Hello Cyclone:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

Sir, the ARX rifle is not discontinued.  If a firearm is discontinued, our policy is to support all firearms for at least 10 years past the discontinuation date.

Thank you for choosing Beretta.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
So, I do have news from Italy regarding the ARX100. News come from one of Italy's oldest gun stores in Rome, managed by generations of the same family - same as with Beretta. Shop name is 'Frinchillucci' in Rome. I used to be close friends with all of them when resided in Rome.

The owner just wrote me back affirming that Beretta has decided to not pull the ARX100 off the market; but has taken a difference stance making it relatively less available by making specific batches of them during each year; essentially they are not out of production but they will be available 'on order only'.

A new batch will be completed by the end of 2019 (long wait, it would seem).

This is all I got.
To go along with that, I received this from Beretta today:

Hello Cyclone:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

Sir, the ARX rifle is not discontinued.  If a firearm is discontinued, our policy is to support all firearms for at least 10 years past the discontinuation date.

Thank you for choosing Beretta.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support
I may have to pick up that $799 ARX after all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Got some fresh images for you guys.

Any tips for how to keep my cheek riser from shifting? It moves around currently.

Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By precisionphilosophy:

Any tips for how to keep my cheek riser from shifting? It moves around currently.
View Quote
I use double side sticky tape...works like a charm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By precisionphilosophy:

https://i.imgur.com/qa1GNMy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DESoWei.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4tiq1RY.jpg
View Quote
Elcan Specter looks good sitting on top of that ARX
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 7:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#50]
Jeez,
might have to get me one as well then.

Oh in the meantime, I got me a phony pony!

Beretta ARX160
by SoloDallas
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top