Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone try Beretta's enlarged cocking handle?

Seems like it'd be quite an improvement over the regular one. Hoping someone here has tried it.

Also tempted to get the lower picatinny rail just so I can have a foregrip.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

Seems like it'd be quite an improvement over the regular one. Hoping someone here has tried it.

View Quote

Last I checked or heard, Beretta STILL didn't have the charging handle extender available in the US. A few people were able to order from the European site. Will have to check to see if they have the charging handle extensions soon.... You WILL wrack your knuckles on the shell deflector.

The lower pic rail is a good thing to have. I've got one on my ARX, but haven't put anything on it yet. I'm probably going to use an AFG, though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

Last I checked or heard, Beretta STILL didn't have the charging handle extender available in the US. A few people were able to order from the European site. Will have to check to see if they have the charging handle extensions soon.... You WILL wrack your knuckles on the shell deflector.

The lower pic rail is a good thing to have. I've got one on my ARX, but haven't put anything on it yet. I'm probably going to use an AFG, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I ordered mine from Beretta's website, well worth it. You lose the ability to switch sides, but it easily comes off.
Pics

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be getting my ARX100 on Friday. Can't wait. I used to have one and I never should have sold it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone try the micro sights with the low MRO setup yet?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Whats everyones optic preference on the arx?

I have a set of troy micros that will be going on first. Kind of undecided on a true optic. Kinda like the deltapoint idea MAC had.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

I have a set of troy micros that will be going on first. Kind of undecided on a true optic. Kinda like the deltapoint idea MAC had.
View Quote

Trijicon MRO in the low mount for me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#8]

View Quote

I have a Trijicon TA31H-G in a Bobro mount on mine with no back up iron sights.

I also changed out the A2 FH for a Smith Vortex G6A4 and I just installed the Shooting Sight ARX trigger a couple of days ago.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I also changed out the A2 FH for a Smith Vortex G6A4 and I just installed the Shooting Sight ARX trigger a couple of days ago.
View All Quotes

Thoughts on the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#10]

Thoughts on the trigger?
View All Quotes

Thoughts on the trigger?

It feels just as good as my Geissele SD-E that I had in my Colt 6940, minus the flat trigger bow of course.

I haven't shot with it yet though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:18:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

I ordered mine from Beretta's website, well worth it. You lose the ability to switch sides, but it easily comes off.
Pics
<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg</a>
View All Quotes

Pics
<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfsz5fgt7.jpeg</a>

Argh. They show up on the site, but are out of stock. I definitely want to get one or two. Doesn't seem like it would be much effort at all to yank it off if you do want to switch sides or field strip.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Argh. They show up on the site, but are out of stock. I definitely want to get one or two. Doesn't seem like it would be much effort at all to yank it off if you do want to switch sides or field strip.
View All Quotes

Pics

Anyone ordered from the Italian site lately?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]

It feels just as good as my Geissele SD-E that I had in my Colt 6940, minus the flat trigger bow of course.

View All Quotes

Thoughts on the trigger?

I just shot my last 120 rounds of 2003 production Winchester Q3131A to check function today and I had no problems with the ARX or the new Shooting Sight trigger.

When I go to sight in I will be using 2009 production IMI M855 but I don't know when I will get around to doing that due to the weather. I also haven't really shot for groups since I've had the ARX so I might do that after I sight in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone tried out Troy low profile sights on their ARX-100 bychance? Colt uses Troy BUIS on the 901 (which I have) and I love the heck out of them. Since the ARX has a raised rail, I was thinking their low profile sights might be a really nice replacement for the meh factory back up sights.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Give me a few days! I got a set for mine, once the rifle gets here!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Anyone tried out Troy low profile sights on their ARX-100 bychance? Colt uses Troy BUIS on the 901 (which I have) and I love the heck out of them. Since the ARX has a raised rail, I was thinking their low profile sights might be a really nice replacement for the meh factory back up sights.
View Quote

Yup, and the micro height sights co witness nicely with a T-1 or equivalent style sight when mounted with an American Defense mount CAS-V height.
I posted pictures of my ARX with that setup back in this thread on page 36. For some reason the pics no longer show up in the thread, but right underneath my post another person quoted me, and you can click on the links in the quote to see them.
Let me know if you need them reposted.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#17]
Originally Posted By runner6m:

Yup, and the micro height sights co witness nicely with a T-1 or equivalent style sight when mounted with an American Defense mount CAS-V height.
I posted pictures of my ARX with that setup back in this thread on page 36. For some reason the pics no longer show up in the thread, but right underneath my post another person quoted me, and you can click on the links in the quote to see them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runner6m:

They work fine for me. Lovely! Thanks. When I eventually get around to grabbing an ARX-100 I think this is the route I'm going to go too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Nice! How much was it and where did you get it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:53:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#21]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
BudsGunShop, for about 1260, a couple weeks ago. I don't think they have black ones up for that price right now.

Also, I hear the tan colored ones are shipping without the BUIS set, but with the continual rail at the front bottom (instead of the handguard covering the grenade launcher mount).

View All Quotes

BudsGunShop, for about 1260, a couple weeks ago. I don't think they have black ones up for that price right now.

Also, I hear the tan colored ones are shipping without the BUIS set, but with the continual rail at the front bottom (instead of the handguard covering the grenade launcher mount).

I paid about $1700.00 for mine at Cabelas back in August 2014, only because I thought that it couldn't possibly go any lower.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:41:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#23]
IMHO these are worth every dollar of their full MSRP.  

View All Quotes

I paid about $1700.00 for mine at Cabelas back in August 2014, only because I thought that it couldn't possibly go any lower.
IMHO these are worth every dollar of their full MSRP.  

I feel the same way, I don't have much if any buyer's remorse about the price I paid.

I think the ARX is a better rifle than any of the other third generation rifles out there, so with that in mind it's a steal of a deal.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Has anyone actually received the 5 magazines from Beretta?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y8cmm3Q5H8

Good Review.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y8cmm3Q5H8

Good Review.
View Quote

Yep, I thought it was pretty good too... I actually posted it on page 80 a little while ago.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ozarak:
Has anyone actually received the 5 magazines from Beretta?
View Quote

I haven't. Been waiting since August.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree. The ARX is a great platform. I regretted selling my first one so I had a chance to get a 2nd one and I did.

I highly recommend the cheek riser you can find on eBay called the CR-2. It's like $22 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree. The ARX is a great platform. I regretted selling my first one so I had a chance to get a 2nd one and I did.

I highly recommend the cheek riser you can find on eBay called the CR-2. It's like $22 bucks.
View Quote

Just ordered one! Glad they make em in coyote!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Yep. Great single best improvement. ARX is truly a great weapon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#32]
MINI RANGE REPORT

We just put about 300 rounds of XM193 through ours, fairly quickly.  Flawless, but many have already reported this.  Ran GI, Magpul 2nd Gen, and Troy mags through it, all without a hiccup.  The strangest thing to me was how unbelievably CLEAN the rifle was when I took it apart to clean it after the trip.
View Quote

Yep, the ARX vents it's excess gas under the handguard. So it still gets dirty but it gets dirty in a place where it doesn't matter.

I still wish that it vented it's excess gas out the front of the gas block and away from the rifle altogether.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I have seen the different versions (maybe somewhere in this thread). I only see two on eBay. Is there somewhere else to purchase them?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Yep, the ARX vents it's excess gas under the handguard. So it still gets dirty but it gets dirty in a place where it doesn't matter.

I still wish that it vented it's excess gas out the front of the gas block and away from the rifle altogether.
View All Quotes
MINI RANGE REPORT

We just put about 300 rounds of XM193 through ours, fairly quickly.  Flawless, but many have already reported this.  Ran GI, Magpul 2nd Gen, and Troy mags through it, all without a hiccup.  The strangest thing to me was how unbelievably CLEAN the rifle was when I took it apart to clean it after the trip.

Does that maybe reduce piston pop when shooting suppressed?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

View All Quotes
MINI RANGE REPORT

I have no idea, I've never owned a suppressor and I'm not really very knowledgeable on them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
MINI RANGE REPORT

Ahhh... I didn't realize it vented the excess gas there. The latest revision to the military model having larger vent holes around the HG makes a lot more sense now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#37]

Ahhh... I didn't realize it vented the excess gas there. The latest revision to the military model having larger vent holes around the HG makes a lot more sense now.
View All Quotes
MINI RANGE REPORT

That was done to improve convection cooling, but it would help with the spent powder residue also.  I've been contemplating cutting the HG to convert it to an A3 style, since I have access to the machining tools that would make the mod feasible.  Probably kill the warranty, though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#38]
The ARX doesn't really have vent holes like an AK or AR. The moving cylinder never passes an opening to vent gas.

Gas does leak out some between the piston and cylinder, but it doesn't seem like a attempt to bleed gas off after the action starts moving.

AJ
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:50:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#39]
Really good article about the arx 200

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/16/the-new-beretta-arx-200-7-62mm-designated-marksmen-rifle/

http://armamentresearch.com/beretta-unveils-arx-200-designated-marksman-rifle/

1.5 moa rifle.

The DMR version is pretty bad ass looking, really wished it used sr25mags.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#40]

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/16/the-new-beretta-arx-200-7-62mm-designated-marksmen-rifle/

1.5 moa rifle.

View Quote

It's in the article, Beretta has an adapter for it to use SR-25 magazines.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Findsman:

1.5 moa rifle.

Damn skipped over that part, I like how they are making thing one able to take the 7.63X39 part and 5.56 parts as well. Now if they can only trickle into our dirty little mits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Depending on availability of parts i.e. bolts, extractors, etc this may be my first SBR.
Nice
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 6:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#43]
Damn skipped over that part, I like how they are making thing one able to take the 7.63X39 part and 5.56 parts as well. Now if they can only trickle into our dirty little mits.
View Quote

Whoa, they're making it convertible to 5.56 and 7.62 commie as well? Damn, sounds like they're stepping into the Colt 901's backyard. Granted it sounds like it's not QUITE as accurate, but close enough.

Of course, they'd have to actually bring to market, unlike the vaporware 7.62 and 6.8 conversions for the ARX-100.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AubrayJ:
The ARX doesn't really have vent holes like an AK or AR. The moving cylinder never passes an opening to vent gas.

Gas does leak out some between the piston and cylinder, but it doesn't seem like a attempt to bleed gas off after the action starts moving.

AJ
View Quote

Interesting, maybe this thing does make for a good suppressor host then.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By six:
Depending on availability of parts i.e. bolts, extractors, etc this may be my first SBR.
Nice
View Quote

You can get all of the ARX-100 parts you want at Brownells, they might not be in stock when you order them though and you could end up waiting quite a while to receive them.

I have never had a problem though and have always received the parts I ordered eventually. The longest wait that I've had so far was for a couple of selector lever roll pins, I think it took about three months.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#46]
Those who ordered the enlarge charging handle know from the Italian site..how long from order to receiving it?

To answer my own question, about 8 days!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#47]
How is the accuracy with your ARX's?
I've seen reports of 2" - 7" groups.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:18:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#48]
Originally Posted By nsl:
View Quote

I have not heard of anything worse than 4 inches at 100 yards and that was with a red dot sight.

I have not tested mine yet though...
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#49]

I have not heard of anything worse than 4 inches at 100 yards and that was with a red dot sight.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nsl:

Mine is a solid 3moa rifle with WG, many groups less than 3moa. Premium ammo it may be 2moa but not a huge improvement over WG

The RTZ with my rifle is excellent as well. I have not measured it but would say 1moa or less POI shift.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AubrayJ:

AJ

It sounds great suppressed (YHM ULT) but the open port on the left side does make for a lot of blowback. I'm going to put a piece of duct tape over that side to see if it helps.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top