Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone actually MEASURED the weight on one?  Gun manufacturers misquote weight like it's going out of style, often because of manufacturing changes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My scale says 6.868 lbs with no mag.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

View Quote

Thank you!  That's good to hear.  I remember the Nutnfancy video from Shot Show a few years back, and the guy said 6 1/2 lbs, so they kept it close.  He also said roughly $1500, and while I am finding it for $1750, some people are reporting getting it for less than $1500.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Did some experimenting with sights and optics tonight.

The crap factory sights got tossed aside, and some Magpul Mbus pro's and a T-1 in a Larue absolute co-witness mount got put on.
They worked (of course), but were too high for me to get a good, comfortable cheek weld with. The ARX's rail sits higher above the stock than on an AR, as MAC pointed out during his recent video.

I had an extra Larue low mount laying around. Used to have it on a shotgun, but had to switch it out to an ADM mount when I installed a Mesa rail and side saddle since the rail had a wide cutout down the middle.
This put the T-1 down low, and gave me a nice, tight cheekweld. Obviously, this was too low to use with the mbus sights, as the top of the sights were the same height as the top of the T-1's body.

I removed some Troy micro height sights from my AUG (The A3 aug has a high rail) and put them on the ARX. While still not quite as low as I would have liked, it did give a better cheekweld and was definitely acceptable.
It was still too high if you want a good co-witness with a red dot though. They were like an upper 1/3 co-witness, with the top of the rear sight aperture even with the top of the T-1 body. It needs to drop down about 1/4 inch or so to provide an absolute co-witness.

Next step is to order an ADM T-1 mount for VLTOR's CAS-V rail. Available HERE from Primary Arms.
That mount is to provide a lower 1/3 for Aimpoints mounted on a cas-v rail which is about 1/2 inch higher than an normal AR rail. Since lower 1/3 is about 1/4 inch higher than absolute (or thereabouts), I'm hoping that mount will line the dot up with the irons perfectly. We'll see next week.

I also tried with a 30mm dot. I had a Primary Arms M4 clone sight sitting on an Aimpoint QRP2 mount. There's a spacer between the mount and the optic meant to give an M4 sight (real or clone) an absolute co-witness.
I removed the spacer, and I'll be damned, the dot lined up in a perfect absolute co-witness with the Troy micro height sights. Just have to find shorter screws, without the spacer there the screws are too long to tighten down the sight.
Anyone know the size/pitch of screws M4 sights use?

Also, does anyone know an alternative to the Troy micro height sights? Not too keen on buying from them after their recent debacles, but they seem to be the only choice for sights of that height.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By runner6m:

Also, does anyone know an alternative to the Troy micro height sights? Not too keen on buying from them after their recent debacles, but they seem to be the only choice for sights of that height.
View Quote

I would like to  know as well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By aklferris:

Thank you!  That's good to hear.  I remember the Nutnfancy video from Shot Show a few years back, and the guy said 6 1/2 lbs, so they kept it close.  He also said roughly $1500, and while I am finding it for $1750, some people are reporting getting it for less than $1500.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There are plenty on gunbroker for $1650 buy it now. I think $1600-ish will be the normal price when all is said and done. I was one of the lucky ones who got one on gunbroker for $1399 so I am happy with it. One of the other two at that price was sold to another member here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#7]

There are plenty on gunbroker for $1650 buy it now. I think $1600-ish will be the normal price when all is said and done. I was one of the lucky ones who got one on gunbroker for $1399 so I am happy with it. One of the other two at that price was sold to another member here.
View All Quotes

Nice!

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Does the production model retain the ability to lock the bolt to the rear without coming off of fire control (similar to a BAD lever)?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:03:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#9]
Does the production model retain the ability to lock the bolt to the rear without coming off of fire control (similar to a BAD lever)?
View Quote

Yes, just like the ACR. Also from what I have been hearing depressing the mag release button under the trigger guard also pushes the bolt catch up?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Yes, just like the ACR. Also from what I have been hearing depressing the mag release button under the trigger guard also pushes the bolt catch up?
View All Quotes

Yep.  The bottom mag release button is is actually  the bottom of the BHO lever, which the levers on the side of the trigger guard are attached to.  The initial press of the bottom mag release pushes the bolt catch up, and pressing deeper forces the mag catch out to the side.  In my experience, the bottom mag release doesn't work very well because the mag catch spring is a little stiff, and I need a lot of force on the bottom mag release to get it to push the mag catch out far enough to release the mag.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 9:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runner6m] [#11]

Nice!

View All Quotes

Nice!

Very. Much better price than, say, a SCAR 16s if you're looking for a "next gen" rifle. New SCAR's are up around $2300-$2400 these days.

Here's the seller akumadiavolo and I bought from. If you're not in a hurry, I'd keep an eye on their auctions and see if they list another one. $1400 with $40 shipping and no credit card fee is an excellent deal for these rifles, IMO.
Southern Gun World

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Very. Much better price than, say, a SCAR 16s if you're looking for a "next gen" rifle. New SCAR's are up around $2300-$2400 these days.

Here's the seller akumadiavolo and I bought from. If you're not in a hurry, I'd keep an eye on their auctions and see if they list another one. $1400 with $40 shipping and no credit card fee is an excellent deal for these rifles, IMO.
Southern Gun World

View All Quotes

Nice!

Southern Gun World

That's crazy these guys are just down the road from me I was in there talking to them about this rifle the other day and they acted like they never heard of it. Wasn't the usual guy I see in there so maybe that was it.

In any case i'll be on the look out for them there.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:06:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#13]
I wasn't too content with the "los" my old right eye I was obtaining on the BUPS [because of poor cheek weld], So, this is what happens when you're an old fart with too much time on your hands..:

Off to work, I'll post a few more photos, perhaps on a separate thread,  later tonight.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone shot the ARX suppressed?  How's the gas?  Does the open port on the left cause any problems?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Ride:
Anyone shot the ARX suppressed?  How's the gas?  Does the open port on the left cause any problems?
View Quote

Suppressor use is talked about in this thread. > http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/669359-Picked-up-my-beretta-arx-100-today!
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Yep.  The bottom mag release button is is actually  the bottom of the BHO lever, which the levers on the side of the trigger guard are attached to.  The initial press of the bottom mag release pushes the bolt catch up, and pressing deeper forces the mag catch out to the side.  In my experience, the bottom mag release doesn't work very well because the mag catch spring is a little stiff, and I need a lot of force on the bottom mag release to get it to push the mag catch out far enough to release the mag.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Mine is so stiff that the bottom mag release is basically nonfunctional. I almost have to bend the plastic to push hard enough on the bottom button to drop the mag. The side releases work fine, however.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LOS:
I wasn't too content with the "los" my old right eye I was obtaining on the BUPS [because of poor cheek weld], So, this is what happens when you're an old fart with too much time on your hands..:

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/ARX100/AlphaRXCheekPiece-prototype-A001_zps738fafd1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/ARX100/AlphaRXCheekPiece-prototype-A001_zps738fafd1.jpg</a>

Off to work, I'll post a few more photos, perhaps on a separate thread,  later tonight.
View Quote

Love it. Care to share some details?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Suppressor use is talked about in this thread. > http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/669359-Picked-up-my-beretta-arx-100-today!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ride:

Awesome, just what I was looking for.  Thanks@ 556Cliff!  Appreciate you looking that up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 9:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#19]
Originally Posted By Aeneas2020:

View All Quotes

THANKS. I formed it out of a piece of .60 kydex. I works well and adjusts to perfect height but think the cheek piece needs a little more meat, so I'm going to form another using a .125  sheet. The cheek piece attaches solidly to the stock via HD hook & loop. It's obviously non invasive to the stock and the CP can adjust in infinite positions.

The next CK I form will be longer, extending to the end of the butt plate.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#20]

THANKS. I formed it out of a piece of .60 kydex. I works well and adjusts to perfect height but think the cheek piece needs a little more meat, so I'm going to form another using a .125  sheet. The cheek piece attaches solidly to the stock via HD hook & loop. It's obviously non invasive to the stock and the CP can adjust in infinite positions.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/ARX100/AlphaRXCheekPiece-prototypeA02-A001_zps75c16cf4.jpg

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/ARX100/AlphaRXCheekPiece-prototype-A001_zps738fafd1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/ARX100/AlphaRXCheekPiece-prototype-A001_zps738fafd1.jpg</a>

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/ARX100/AlphaRXCheekPiece-prototypeA02-A001_zps75c16cf4.jpg

Does your mod interfere with operation of the rifle when the stock is folded? Does it block the right side ejection port in any way and does the reciprocating charging handle scrub up against it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:03:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#21]
...Does your mod interfere with operation of the rifle when the stock is folded? Does it block the right side ejection port in any way and does the reciprocating charging handle scrub up against it?
View Quote

Good questions.

I just made and attached the CP to the stock this morning, so I haven't had the opportunity to fire the rifle with the CP attached to it. With that said, it doesn't appear that the CP will block, or partially block the ejection port when the stock is folded in it's locked position. Therefore, I don't anticipate any ejection issues associated with the CP.

My observation regarding the charging handle: If the rear of the CP is [excessively] elevated, the charging handle might come in contact with the CP when the stock is folded in it's locked position.  I have not placed the charging handle to the right side of the receiver to check for contact when manually reciprocating the handle. This and other testing is  in the agenda.

Of course, charging handle and ejection port dimensions may be enough between the 100 and the 160 22lr, that the CP may work well with the 160-22lr  but not with the 100.

I apologize for hijacking this Thread. I started a separate Thread on this forum regarding the Cheek Piece.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]
For those that have shot the arx, how does the dual open receiver ports effect gas being directed back at the user?

Does the side of ejection chosen affect the way the gas is directed? Many pistol designs seem to
keep the gas up near the barrel gas post, Is the Beretta different?

What are your thoughts on how the ARX would contain a catastrophic failure?
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:
For those that have shot the arx, how does the dual open receiver ports effect gas being directed back at the user?

Does the side of ejection chosen affect the way the gas is directed? Many pistol designs seem to
keep the gas up near the barrel gas post, Is the Beretta different?

What are your thoughts on how the ARX would contain a catastrophic failure?
View Quote

The ARX is a short stroke gas piston system with a fixed piston and moving cylinder and all the gas stays up front.  None of it gets back into the receiver.  There was zero powder residue in my upper when I cleaned it after shooting.  The gas cylinder just pushes back on the front of the carrier and the ejection direction is controlled by the ejector/extractors on the bolt.   The ejection direction has zero impact on how the gas system operates.

For the failure scenario, if the bolt is locked, it should handle something like a plugged bore as well as any similar barrel and rotating bolt locking system.  For other failure scenarios, I'm sure it's been tested by Beretta, as well as the Italian Army before they adopted it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's mine with Elcan Specter OS 3X optics, also swapped the back up sights to Magpul for the lower profile to get proper eye relief on optic.

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I suppose I'm next in line to write about my experience.  Local fun shop got one in town that I heard about last weekend. Couldn't get there fast enough to finally see what one feels and looks like.  Bought it on the spot.  Came with a soft case that's not particularly great but I keep all my gear in a safe anyway.  Came with a heavy steel mag and that curious little sight tool that noone seems to know exactly what all it does.  Overall, can't complain too much.

My initial reaction is that it was pretty light.  I own a few AR's and several AK's along with a SCAR heavy, PS90, and a SIG 551 so I'm accustomed to different feels from different rifle and they're all, well,different.  To some (like me) that's fine, with others it's not.  Everything you've heard about the sights is true.  They're kinda crappy.  But the rifle seemed fairly well balanced and comfortable to me.  Length of pull was best with the stock all the way out but I'm 6'1".  Bringing it all the way in put my face nearly right on the rear sight.

Field stripping took a bit of practice but I got her apart.  Changing the controls to accommodate a righty wasn't difficult and I find that an innovative feature that would be well served for lefties.  I think that's a clever idea and I feel ambi controls seems to be a priority for recent designs from all over, which makes perfect sense.

Took it out to the firing line on Sunday and couldn't get there fast enough.  Only had a chance to run about 6 mags through it and it ate every last round with no prior cleaning.  Sights seemed to be dead on at 80 yards.  Trigger was a little heavier than some rifles but I couldn't complain.  But this rifle definitely needs glass.  After all, who runs only open sights anymore?!

A friend in the industry says it's a solution looking for a problem but it's easy for naysayers to gripe considering anything that isn't an AR simply isn't an AR.  For some, that's an issue.  The guys that sold it at the shop didn't like it either but people tend to forget the legacy that Beretta has.  They've got a long history of cranking out good pistols, SMG's, shotguns and what-not over the years.  I'm happy with what I got and commend Beretta for bringing another choice to the market.  Can't see myself selling this one off to recoup my money.  This one's a keeper and look forward to sending more ordnance down range.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Bullet_:

View All Quotes

I have never used these.

http://www.store-diamondhead-usa.com/MICRO_D_DIAMOND_Integrated_Sighting_System_p/1089.htm

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought diamond was a ghey till I tried them

Really fast to align

I really like them
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By cletussd:

I have never used these.

http://www.store-diamondhead-usa.com/MICRO_D_DIAMOND_Integrated_Sighting_System_p/1089.htm

View All Quotes

I have never used these.

Thanks! I'll check those out, they're the first micro height alternative I've seen. Diamondhead stuff seems to be good quality. More expensive than the Troy sights unfortunately, the best price I can find is from Altatac (Botach?) for $213 per set.

Got the ADM CAS_V height mount for T-1/H-1/R-1 aimpoints yesterday. Tried it out, and they line up in a perfect absolute co-witness with Troy micro height sights. This setup will work nicely for people wanting a lower sight plane.

http://www.primaryarms.com/American-Defense-Aimpoint-T1-Micro-Mount-CAS-p/ad-t1-cas-v.htm

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/117785/american-defense-ad-t1-casv-quick-release-aimpoint-micro-sight-mount-picatinny-style-ar-15-flat-top-matte

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#29]
Those of you who have the ARX..............how is the trunion attached in the firearm? is it similar to the HK G36, or does it have more supporting metal or a metal structure/frame internally around it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Those of you who have the ARX..............how is the trunion attached in the firearm? is it similar to the HK G36, or does it have more supporting metal or a metal structure/frame internally around it?
View Quote

I've actually never been able to verify the internet legend of the melting G36 trunnion.  The body of this thing is plastic, but there's metal in there, & I'm guessing the QC bbl. necessitates a fair amount of structural support.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 8:08:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#31]
Thanks for the reply. There is a thread in GD about the G36 and the melting trunion/wandering zero and I was curious if the ARX had a similar structure to it. I've never seen much info on the G36 either, But there are reports of it and faulty ammo causing the issue. I am trying to decide between this rifle and a 555Xi, so all the info I get is appreciated

Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I've actually never been able to verify the internet legend of the melting G36 trunnion.  The body of this thing is plastic, but there's metal in there, & I'm guessing the QC bbl. necessitates a fair amount of structural support.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I think the G36 melting trunion rumors dealt with sustained full auto fire, something ARX-100 users don't have to worry about.  A lot of people have converted their SL8s to semi-auto G36s , and I haven't heard anyone melting any of those.  I don't think it's an issue, but unless someone actually goes out and tries to melt their ARX-100, we probably won't know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Thanks! I'll check those out, they're the first micro height alternative I've seen. Diamondhead stuff seems to be good quality. More expensive than the Troy sights unfortunately, the best price I can find is from Altatac (Botach?) for $213 per set.

Got the ADM CAS_V height mount for T-1/H-1/R-1 aimpoints yesterday. Tried it out, and they line up in a perfect absolute co-witness with Troy micro height sights. This setup will work nicely for people wanting a lower sight plane.
http://www.primaryarms.com/American-Defense-Aimpoint-T1-Micro-Mount-CAS-p/ad-t1-cas-v.htm
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/117785/american-defense-ad-t1-casv-quick-release-aimpoint-micro-sight-mount-picatinny-style-ar-15-flat-top-matte

View All Quotes

I have never used these.

Pics?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the eply. There is a thrin GD about the G36 and the melting trunion/wandering zero and I was curious if the ARX had a similar structure to it. I've never seen much info on the G36 either, But there are reports of it and faulty ammo causing the issue. I am trying to decide between this rifle and a 555Xi, so all the info I get is appreciated

View All Quotes
Thanks for the eply. There is a thrin GD about the G36 and the melting trunion/wandering zero and I was curious if the ARX had a similar structure to it. I've never seen much info on the G36 either, But there are reports of it and faulty ammo causing the issue. I am trying to decide between this rifle and a 555Xi, so all the info I get is appreciated

The Beretta ARX 160 will run through 13 (30rd) mags before it over heats. I never had an issue with my SL8/G36 conv.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the reply. There is a thread in GD about the G36 and the melting trunion/wandering zero and I was curious if the ARX had a similar structure to it. I've never seen much info on the G36 either, But there are reports of it and faulty ammo causing the issue. I am trying to decide between this rifle and a 555Xi, so all the info I get is appreciated

View Quote

ARX has a ceramic insert at the chamber and metal hand guard heat shield to reduce the chance of the top end from melting.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
Pics?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

I have never used these.

Pics?

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Thank you!

The height looks great, but that diamond shaped rear peep hole would be hell on my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Update from Larry Vickers over on M4Carbine.net

"Hey everybody here is a follow up to the issues I had with my ARX100 that I outlined here on M4Carbine and my Facebook page ;

I was contacted by Beretta USA when they found out about my issues ( loose top rail and stiff safety specifically )- after a serial number search it was discovered mine was one of the the very first shipped out the door

I sent it back and Beretta fixed the top rail with a cross roll pin that was missing before - that fixed the rail wobble I had and the top pic rail is now tight

Also the safety is easier to manipulate now and the trigger pull is lighter

So my ARX 100 is now up to speed - Im glad to add it to the collection as I am an assault rifle guy down to my bone marrow and adding a piece like this makes my day

Is it the rifle you should buy ? If your a fan of factory made semi auto versions of select fire assault rifles absolutely- this is a complete no brainer and history has shown weapons like this only go up in value so its a safe investment

If you are a died in the wool M4 guy I would take the oppurtunity to shoot one first and learn about the features of the ARX 100 such as the ambi controls before I decided to ditch the M4 and go with the Beretta

All that being said options are a good thing and competition in the marketplace forces everyone to bring better offerings to the market - which is a plus for all of us

Hope this helps

LAV"
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone know the expected release date for FDE color version of ARX100?
I would like to hold my purchase since I like FDE color a little better.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:55:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Col__Kurtz] [#41]
Hey guys, question.

Is the bottom hand guard removable? Is there a full length bottom rail underneath it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Col__Kurtz:
Hey guys, question.

Is the bottom hand guard removable? Is there a full length bottom rail underneath it?

Thanks.
View Quote

There is about 1" of plastic rail at the front, the rest is a proprietary rail under a cover. A full rail is supposedly going to be available. Don't know if it will be steel or plastic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By coolhand:
Does anyone know the expected release date for FDE color version of ARX100?
I would like to hold my purchase since I like FDE color a little better.
View Quote

I don't think anyone knows at this point.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By crazymoose:

There is about 1" of plastic rail at the front, the rest is a proprietary rail under a cover. A full rail is supposedly going to be available. Don't know if it will be steel or plastic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crazymoose:
Hey guys, question.

Thanks.

The full rail attachment piece that has not been made available yet is made of plastic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Thank you!

The height looks great, but that diamond shaped rear peep hole would be hell on my astigmatism.
View All Quotes

Thank you!

I have an astigmatism that makes Aimpoint dots look like comets, and the diamond doesn't bother me. It just sort of fades away to the point you can barely tell it's a diamond. YMMV of course, everyone's eyes are different.

Update from Larry Vickers over on M4Carbine.net

"Hey everybody here is a follow up to the issues I had with my ARX100 that I outlined here on M4Carbine and my Facebook page ;

I
was contacted by Beretta USA when they found out about my issues (
loose top rail and stiff safety specifically )- after a serial number
search it was discovered mine was one of the the very first shipped out
the door

I sent it back and Beretta fixed the top rail with a
cross roll pin that was missing before - that fixed the rail wobble I
had and the top pic rail is now tight

Also the safety is easier to manipulate now and the trigger pull is lighter

So
my ARX 100 is now up to speed - Im glad to add it to the collection as I
am an assault rifle guy down to my bone marrow and adding a piece like
this makes my day

Is it the rifle you should buy ? If your a fan
of factory made semi auto versions of select fire assault rifles
absolutely- this is a complete no brainer and history has shown weapons
like this only go up in value so its a safe investment

If you are
a died in the wool M4 guy I would take the oppurtunity to shoot one
first and learn about the features of the ARX 100 such as the ambi
controls before I decided to ditch the M4 and go with the Beretta

All
that being said options are a good thing and competition in the
marketplace forces everyone to bring better offerings to the market -
which is a plus for all of us

Hope this helps

LAV"

Thanks for forwarding that over here. Mine has a lot of rail wobble, and I can see a hole where it looks like there should be a roll pin. Going to call Beretta this afternoon.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:51:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#47]
Beretta is saying that this pin that fixes the loose rail issue is something that was missed by the new American assemblers but I have been looking for this pin in pictures of Italian made ARX-160s with the same rail set up and I am not seeing it, all that I am seeing is the hole that they are saying that this pin is supposed to be in.

Specifically go look at the Italian made ARX-160A3 which is very similar to the ARX-100, no pin, just a hole.

I wonder if this is just an excuse and a band-aid fix.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Excellent write up, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Agreed, best one I have seen so far.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

+1 sounds like a lot of great things but with the promise of future improvements and finally having gotten to handle one today I think i'll wait for a gen 2
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top