BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least for the SCAR, that chart is incorrect on a number of points.  For example, the SCARs charging handle can be used as a forward assist, if you want.  Also, many spare parts are available from multiple vendors. Also if you rail mount the BUIS, you can use a standard AR-type BUIS if you prefer.  There' s a couple other errors too, fwiw.

I was just going to point out those, and bring into the fact about how long has the SCAR been out, how many rounds have been expended in testing?  How many has the military bought of those vs the XCR, hell even the ACR?  FN is trying to get complete rifles out for both the civilian and military markets, in addtition to spare parts out.  They contracted with secondary vendors, whos parts didnt pass muster, so they in reality, have been the only producer, for a platform that is out selling bot the XCR and ACR combined.  As far as the SCAR on barrel length and weights, it was designed for a miltary contract, so was the ACR, they say the XCR was also but I cant imagine why, when Robinson couldnt begin to deliver quanities the military would need.

And in the post with the chart it was dutifully pointed out that the charts was a bit outdated.

Here's some of the answers to your other questions FWIW from Wiki Took less than a minute to find.

As far as outselling the XCR and ACR combined we would have to first know how many of all three have been sold and then compare the numbers.
Two things I do know, the XCR has been on the market an in shooters hands since 2006 and I did see one on G.B, a while back with a serial number over 7,000.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least for the SCAR, that chart is incorrect on a number of points.  For example, the SCARs charging handle can be used as a forward assist, if you want.  Also, many spare parts are available from multiple vendors. Also if you rail mount the BUIS, you can use a standard AR-type BUIS if you prefer.  There' s a couple other errors too, fwiw.

I was just going to point out those, and bring into the fact about how long has the SCAR been out, how many rounds have been expended in testing?  How many has the military bought of those vs the XCR, hell even the ACR?  FN is trying to get complete rifles out for both the civilian and military markets, in addtition to spare parts out.  They contracted with secondary vendors, whos parts didnt pass muster, so they in reality, have been the only producer, for a platform that is out selling bot the XCR and ACR combined.  As far as the SCAR on barrel length and weights, it was designed for a miltary contract, so was the ACR, they say the XCR was also but I cant imagine why, when Robinson couldnt begin to deliver quanities the military would need.

And in the post with the chart it was dutifully pointed out that the charts was a bit outdated.

Here's some of the answers to your other questions FWIW from Wiki Took less than a minute to find.

As far as outselling the XCR and ACR combined we would have to first know how many of all three have been sold and then compare the numbers.
Two things I do know, the XCR has been on the market an in shooters hands since 2006 and I did see one on G.B, a while back with a serial number over 7,000.

Sorry but I dont see your point, problem was the Masada was designed for the up coming trials, Magpul knew they didnt have the manufacturing capeabilites to full fill a military contract, Bushmaster is approached, and well they and Remington went about redisinging it, thus missing the trials, I also heard that the specifications had been out for a bit, and that was what the XCR was designed for, or to those specs.  I know HK and FN were really the only entrants, but the other two were designed to the specs.  Robinson himself even said that at the time the XCR came out, I'm not bashing to XCR, but I wont buy another RA anything, after my M96 experiance, how he hadles spare parts, if they even exisit, and how he handles other problems, as in the post he has made.  My thing here is, if he goes completely under, and it has been known to happen, one is totally screwed.  I really dont know the selling numbers, it was what I had read somewhere, but it stands to reason, FN has a better track record, and we all know about the ACR debacle.  There are only so many buyers for so many different rifles out there, especially in this wonderful economy ( I think our president is a huge firearm seller at this point)  and even if the XCR was the absolute best available, his business manners, with the help of the internet more than sink him, look at the ACR, its got huge backing, and much better CS, and the internet (Ok the fucked up redesign didnt help) had killed it, I would be amazed if any military sales ever happen.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
XCR has been on the civilian market the longest of the three rifles in the chart.

The chart was acknowledged as being somewhat out of date at the time it was posted in this thread.

XCR spare parts are available both from the factory and from Kermit Zahn.
Kermit Zahn, Wild Thang Farms 3150 Fuller Road Emmett, ID 83617-9158 Phone: (208) 365-6582

Again, as far as the SCAR16 outselling the XCR and ACR combined we would have to first know how many of all three have been sold add them together and compare that number to the total SCAR production to date.

I would like to know how many SCAR16 and SCAR16S have been sold so far.
Do you have a source for those numbers by chance ?

For the record I do not drink any brand of cool-aid.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
XCR has been on the civilian market the longest of the three rifles in the chart.

The chart was acknowledged as being somewhat out of date at the time it was posted in this thread.

Kermit Zahn, Wild Thang Farms 3150 Fuller Road Emmett, ID 83617-9158 Phone: (208) 365-6582

Again, as far as the SCAR16 outselling the XCR and ACR combined we would have to first know how many of all three have been sold add them together and compare that number to the total SCAR production to date.

Good to know, I also don't drink any one type of Kool Aid also, I will speak my mind though, as I said I know nothing about the XCR but my M96 adventure was enough for me, that said my point was everyone dumps on FN for lack of everything, but no one takes in to consideration is that the SCAR is a new platform, being sold to the military and civilian markets, which has taken allot of civilian parts and sent them to the mitary as it should, ACR is pointless I shot one and wasn't impressed at all, I would like to fire a XCR, anyway my point here is that the XCR should have everything out as promissed, FN is trying and will get there, and I have no clue on the ACR.  I saw the figures one time, I will see of I can locate it again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know, I also don't drink any one type of Kool Aid also, I will speak my mind though, as I said I know nothing about the XCR but my M96 adventure was enough for me, that said my point was everyone dumps on FN for lack of everything, but no one takes in to consideration is that the SCAR is a new platform, being sold to the military and civilian markets, which has taken allot of civilian parts and sent them to the mitary as it should, ACR is pointless I shot one and wasn't impressed at all, I would like to fire a XCR, anyway my point here is that the XCR should have everything out as promissed, FN is trying and will get there, and I have no clue on the ACR.  I saw the figures one time, I will see of I can locate it again.

RA has delivered everything initially promised for the XCR but the 6.5 Grendal kit. Instead they gave us a 5.45 kit which is more useful to most people.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RA has delivered everything initially promised for the XCR but the 6.5 Grendal kit. Instead they gave us a 5.45 kit which is more useful to most people.

But the problem is the time in which it takes to delivered at the time initially promised.
Thats just bad business, along with thier CS.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I think Alex should hire Jay-Z as his spokesman

And as for the critics, they tell me I don't get it
Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is the report that I promised on the XCR from the 3 gun match.  My first stage was a rifle/pistol stage with the far rifle target being 187 yards (verified with a rangefinder)  the closest rifle target being 120.  The rifle shot very well.   I had a lot of people asking me about the gun all day and even let a few try it out on several different stages.  In all we put at least 300 rounds through it.  there were no malfunctions and I as well as about 4 others who also tried it out felt that the rifle performed as well as or better than any of the AR platforms.  Incidentally the only 2 firearms that had any problems were a 6920 Cult that just would not function.  The problem was later found to be a gas block that was leaking like a sieve.   Also a Glock 34 that had a FTF every other round.  No idea what was wrong with that one.  A few things to note.  The XCR is heavier than the AR platform.  at least the way mine was setup.  The weight distribution of the rifle seems to be a bit more centered than an AR.  The new stock is solid as a rock and could easily be used to butt stroke something maybe even as a light breaching tool.  The side charging handle as well as the ambi. bolt release make for fast and smooth operation.  The bore axis is a bit higher on the XCR but didn't seem to be a problem as the new stock has an adjustable comb.  One of the more interesting things to note is that I have noticed with som of the AR. type rifles with piston systems, at least the few that I have tried.  The gas from the piston seems to blow back in your face a bit.  LWRC and Ruger are the 2 that really come to mind for me.  I didn't seem to have any issue with that on the XCR.  The charging handle on the XCR can be pushed in and used as a fwd assist if needed.  I never had any need to try that feature.  Accuracy seems to be on par with a comparable AR,  however I really  haven't had a chance to get it out and try some really good match grade ammo though it.  All in all,  I am very pleased with the rifle and would happily buy one in a .308.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here is the report that I promised on the XCR from the 3 gun match.  My first stage was a rifle/pistol stage with the far rifle target being 187 yards (verified with a rangefinder)  the closest rifle target being 120.  The rifle shot very well.   I had a lot of people asking me about the gun all day and even let a few try it out on several different stages.  In all we put at least 300 rounds through it.  there were no malfunctions and I as well as about 4 others who also tried it out felt that the rifle performed as well as or better than any of the AR platforms.  Incidentally the only 2 firearms that had any problems were a 6920 Cult that just would not function.  The problem was later found to be a gas block that was leaking like a sieve.   Also a Glock 34 that had a FTF every other round.  No idea what was wrong with that one.  A few things to note.  The XCR is heavier than the AR platform.  at least the way mine was setup.  The weight distribution of the rifle seems to be a bit more centered than an AR.  The new stock is solid as a rock and could easily be used to butt stroke something maybe even as a light breaching tool.  The side charging handle as well as the ambi. bolt release make for fast and smooth operation.  The bore axis is a bit higher on the XCR but didn't seem to be a problem as the new stock has an adjustable comb.  One of the more interesting things to note is that I have noticed with som of the AR. type rifles with piston systems, at least the few that I have tried.  The gas from the piston seems to blow back in your face a bit.  LWRC and Ruger are the 2 that really come to mind for me.  I didn't seem to have any issue with that on the XCR.  The charging handle on the XCR can be pushed in and used as a fwd assist if needed.  I never had any need to try that feature.  Accuracy seems to be on par with a comparable AR,  however I really  haven't had a chance to get it out and try some really good match grade ammo though it.  All in all,  I am very pleased with the rifle and would happily buy one in a .308.

Good to hear. Now if they would just ship that new stock and ambi-mag release that I paid for I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The Ambi release is way cool.  I had heard that they were running a bit behind.  With the XCR-M coming out I can understand why.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the problem is the time in which it takes to delivered at the time initially promised.

Well, you could sell an unfinished and potentially unsafe product, or you could take the time to do it properly. Goes for anything. It's never as simple as making a pretty drawing of it and having someone make it. Doesn't work that way for cars, guns, or hell, even Barbies.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you could sell an unfinished and potentially unsafe product, or you could take the time to do it properly. Goes for anything. It's never as simple as making a pretty drawing of it and having someone make it. Doesn't work that way for cars, guns, or hell, even Barbies.

you were the best spokesperson alex ever had.
you were also the reason most of us got our stuff back then,as well.
you did a hell of a job for ra.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After reading that whiny "the world is against us" bitch fest of a tirade written by Alex Robinson, I'd rather defend myself with a slingshot.  It's a neat concept, but it'll never gain mainstream traction when the company is run by a guy with an attitude like that.  Promising slow service if you have an attitude? Seriously?  He can shove that rifle, shitty attitude and customer service policy right up his ass.

I own a business now, but worked for years as a senior technician for Gateway computers.  As a general rule of thumb, people are annoyed when they have to take time out of their day to resolve an issue that's caused by poor quality control, manufacturing defects, etc. They don't call for service when the product is performing like it's supposed to and they're having a wonderful day.   They call when shit isn't working, and they usually have something else they would rather be doing.  Thats just human nature...if you can't deal with that, then maybe you shouldn't be selling stuff to humans.

^^This^^ You got it 100%. Hit the nail square on the head.
Good luck with that "XCR covering the world" crap, Alex. Not a chance, with you captaining the ship. If the firearms industry gave out a Worst Salesman Of The Decade award, you'd be walking up to the podium to receive it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, Terra was great.  Certainly helped out a number of people through the growing pains, including me.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, Terra was great.  Certainly helped out a number of people through the growing pains, including me.

RA should have paid her whatever amount she wanted to stay and keep up the good work, she was just what RA needed, a good company rep.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

RA should have paid her whatever amount she wanted to stay and keep up the good work, she was just what RA needed, a good company rep.

They offered me more. It wasn't about money, never was.

I miss the guns, but I had to make the right decision for me. Some workplace politics just aren't worth the stress and misery that comes with them.

Alex and I are still friends and I swing by to chat now and then.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#17]
It sucks to hate going to work or to stress about it.  I insist on having fun and working with fun people, otherwise it is not worth it.

I remember being in high school and having my dad come home every night an complain about his job and the people.  It was terrible and the best day was when he decided to live off his Navy retirement pay and simply quit that other job.

That was 25 years ago! and he is still going strong.

He showed them!  I bet all those other SOBs are long dead!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#18]
My XCR is my favorite rifle, have had it for about 4 years now.  I have always gotten what I needed from Terra and now Robarms by bugging them, on the phone and in person at the shop when required.  The rifle is awesome, the customer service sucks.  For every 5 emails or phone calls, 1 will get answered or replied to.  My rifle has 3 barrels in 2 calibers and probably 8,000 rounds through it.  Runs no matter what, dirty, with Tula ammo, from cheap mags, it just runs.

Make sure you loctite the ejector bolts and the gas block.  I've never had my barrel bolt loosen on me and I change barrels all the time, zero remains intact.

I've completed the LE XCR Armorer's Class with Ben Kurata and Alex, that is when I saw how truly innovative the XCR really is.  I learned about things like the AK style extractor which does not have a spring, it uses a small polymer bumper as a spring inside the bolt.  It is a PITA to change out, but super solid and will not fatigue.  It is an extremely well thought out rifle.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Of the Gen 4 rifles I like it the best. It is laid out almost perfectly.  And it dosent use a friggin ar15 style bolt. But logistics kills it for me.  I understand the reason.  Heck his machinist come from all over the nation.  

But you either pay too much for an acr or buy a scar with enough design faults that socom  told them the same thing they told rob arms.  

I would prefer a sig 55x rifle any day of the week
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Of the Gen 4 rifles I like it the best. It is laid out almost perfectly.  And it dosent use a friggin ar15 style bolt. But logistics kills it for me.  I understand the reason.  Heck his machinist come from all over the nation.  

But you either pay too much for an acr or buy a scar with enough design faults that socom  told them the same thing they told rob arms.  

Spot on, although I do not care for SIG's. If they actually made a 551 clone, I'd be on it like flies on shit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spot on, although I do not care for SIG's. If they actually made a 551 clone, I'd be on it like flies on shit.

um,they do.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig551-a1.aspx
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

um,they do.

Well, not EXACTLY, but it's as close as we got right now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The XCR never got to compete due to a technicality.
The test sample was submitted with out the blank fire adapter as specified in the competition documents. FedEx-ing overnight made no difference.

A pity we will never know how it would have done in the various tests.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

um,they do.

Well, not EXACTLY, but it's as close as we got right now.

well he did say 551 clone....
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The test sample was submitted with out the blank fire adapter as specified in the competition documents. FedEx-ing overnight made no difference.

If it wasn't the BFA, the Army would have found some other way to disqualify the XCR.... those "trials" as rigged as all get-out. The winner is already known before the trials start.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it wasn't the BFA, the Army would have found some other way to disqualify the XCR.... those "trials" as rigged as all get-out. The winner is already known before the trials start.

Yep. That's the way it's always been. I'm not saying the XCR is the greatest rifle ever made (though I do prefer it), but it's a shame it didn't get a fair shake. The whole deal is slightly reminiscent of the FAL vs. M14 fiasco in the '50's.

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#27]
A few pics of my XCR from shooting today, love this thing.  Just picked up my Suppressor and this thing runs cheap wolf perfectly on the S (Suppressor) setting with almost go gas in the face.

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A few pics of my XCR from shooting today, love this thing.  Just picked up my Suppressor and this thing runs cheap wolf perfectly on the S (Suppressor) setting with almost go gas in the face.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/6675132135_1de571a1d1_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7017/6675132143_92b540018d_b.jpg

Nice rifle.

Is that shorter than the one that comes with it?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle.

Are you asking about the buttstock or the barrel?

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Dumb question. Is that the PDW?
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, full size L receiver. You can tell by the number of vent cuts in the upper (6 on the full size). Looks like it has a factory 11" barrel, but it is possible to go to 10.5" (like mine) but they have to be custom cut.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle.

Buttstock
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rifle.

Buttstock

Looks like a full size to me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#34]
The buttstock is an inch shorter than standard
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The buttstock is an inch shorter than standard

Well, I look like an ass.

Nice rig.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, full size L receiver. You can tell by the number of vent cuts in the upper (6 on the full size). Looks like it has a factory 11" barrel, but it is possible to go to 10.5" (like mine) but they have to be custom cut.

Thanks. Wish we could have SBR here. Would love to do that to my XCR.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#37]
any idea what these are going for with the new stock? i haven't seen it listed anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I love my xcr so much that I sold all my ar15s, and it is my only .223 rifle now. Parts availability and customer service issues seem to be either issues from the past, or just hearsay. I have never had a problem with either. I have sent the gun in for an issue when I first bought it and had it repaired in two weeks. I have also bought spare parts direct from Robarm and they wer shipped quickly. I am currently awaiting the new stock and have already placed a deposit on it.

Good things come to those who wait. Anyone who is into the nfa game can tell you that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
any idea what these are going for with the new stock? i haven't seen it listed anywhere.

All new XCR's come with the new stock, no increase in price.
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Like them so much that I have three.  I just ordered an adaptor to put an ACR stock on the micro and am waiting on the robinson stock for the "SF" configuration.  The magpul will most likely stay on the SPR build.

Link Posted: 1/14/2012 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Add Little Jack's Guns of Milton, FL. (503) 708 4740 to the list of XCR dealers and parts suppliers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Loved my XCR. Only sold it because I was wanting an M16A4 build and I'm impatient. I'll probably buy another in 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I hate my XCR.  It makes me spend money on carbine courses, ammo, magazines, ammo, accessories, ammo, and to add to it I'm considering chopping, pinning, fluting and a suppressor!  It's like my wife, it keeps costing me money!

Link Posted: 1/15/2012 4:54:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hate my XCR.  It makes me spend money on carbine courses, ammo, magazines, ammo, accessories, ammo, and to add to it I'm considering chopping, pinning, fluting and a suppressor!  It's like my wife, it keeps costing me money!

YOU KNOW THE RULES......

and since this is an XCR thread you might as well kill two birds with one stone and post a pic of your wife shooting your XCR.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU KNOW THE RULES......

and since this is an XCR thread you might as well kill two birds with one stone and post a pic of your wife shooting your XCR.

Hey I can actually cover that one for him!
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Standing by for creepy comments about Standards attractive wife...
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU KNOW THE RULES......

I thought I had several pics of my XCR...can only find this one (the rubber ducks were part of a contest on xcrforum.com).  Definitely no pix of the wife with a firearm...she's an ANTI.  And this is the config that is probably going to cost me the most...that heavy barrel on the 7.62x39 is dying to be lightened up, shortened, and have a BABC pinned on.  I'd love a sound suppressor, but that's SO much money.

Link Posted: 1/15/2012 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Strip the barrel and send it to ADCO for fluting. When you get it back it should weight within a couple ounces of the light barrel and all it will have cost you is about months worth of lattes or two good dinners for two at a decent restaurant.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#49]
I had one in 5.56 for about 4 months.
I sold it for + 300 profit

It was ok, just wasn't my thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I tried one with this stock:

I only shot 1 magazine so I can't say anything about reliability but they are supposed to be good.  The trigger wasn't bad but it wasn't like a nice ar-15 trigger.  The gun was very front heavy when compared to an ar-15.  From a standing position I didn't really care for it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top