Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2017 10:36:54 PM EDT
Just as the title says.  Which durabake color matches Magpul flat dark earth the best?

I've decided unless I change my mind again to use durabake as I've heard it's more durable and gets a good finish. Was going to use just duracoat but decided to use durabake instead.

However they don't have the Magpul flat dark earth color paint like they do in duracoat.

I'm also open to other forms of painting. I'm going to use the prevail sprayer. I know but I've had decent luck as long as you clean it good and don't spray to thick.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Im going to go out on a ledge and say no.  Lauer will match most color swatches you send them, UNLESS the color is unstable at higher temps.  Some coatsing will literally change color as they heat up as they change on at that sciene level shit.  Im no scientists or master chemist, but Lauer, KG, NIC industries all try to provide a FDE variation, but everyone (from what Ive seen)has a specific Magpul FDE, because magpul aftermarket nitch.  Now unless your completely uber OCD or its that important, FDE (slightly darker) vs Magpul FDE.  
I would, and have many times, call them, talk to any of the Techs at Lauer.  They can give you a better understanding then some dude on the forum.  They are always, more then willing to help you find what you need.  

Just look at other gun coating manufacturers and see they offer many colors, and will often have many in Specific Magpul flavored color.  The colors can very drastically from what you may be thinking.  Take a Magpul OD Green and Military OD Green from KG Gunkote.  I have used both.  Magpul OD comes out more tan/green where the mil od is almost brown/green.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top