Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2017 1:33:23 AM EDT
Rattle can. I can only find rustoleom and krylon camp. I know Aerovoe has 'yellow earth' that might help match the lighter grass. So I'm thinking that, green, and a bit darker green for some shadow. Attachment Attached File
Any any tips on what color to spray first? Light or dark? Then I'm thinking lay grass on it, or wrap in thin twine, and spray the next. edit: after reading a bit more in the rattle can thread, it seems like blotchy, non striped camo might work just as well. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Typical advice is to spray the lighter color first.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#2]
"Pine needle"  (broom bristle) would be great in a hat grassland/prairie.  Burlap would be good, too.

You can use "normal" (flat) yellow if you tone it down with overspray.  Aervoe Earth Yellow is a great color for many environments.

The general rule is light to dark.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Green base coat.

Use grass and paint a lot of it in tan, and some in sand.

Touch up with some brown with the grass.

Touch up some.more with green with the grass.

Touch up where needed.

Add some small mesh to help blend lines a bit. use an assortment of the aforementioned colors.

The base coat really sets the color.
I've tried different ways with the same colors.
Brown base comes out more woodsy.
Green base comes out more green tinted
Tan base comes out more tanish/chaparral 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top