Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2016 8:53:29 PM EDT
I snagged one of PSA's $20 B5 SOPMOD bravo stocks in Kryptek, does anyone know how this pattern is applied? Is it something that will come off with solvent leaving me with a black stock?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure it's hydro dipped.

Boiling it should soften them up to be scoured with an abrasive pad. Otherwise, I've heard bead blasting will also remove it.

I'd just paint it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of those and thought same about changing color.  The butt pad is tan though. Can it be rit dyed black?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Duped  sorry
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one last year and threw it on as is. Mismatch ftw!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got one last year and threw it on as is. Mismatch ftw!!
View Quote

Damn right...mismatched is the way to go...mine has a FDE stock, some kind of camo dipped handguard, grey trigger guard and black grip.......neato!
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the replies, HERE is the stock in question (still in stock if anyone wants one cheap).

I might just leave it as is, but I've never seen this pattern in real life and can't tell if its grey/black or more navy/black. I thought it looked hydro-dipped but I can't tell for sure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not just offer to trade it to someone who wants the pattern?  

You could always just paint over, it, too.  

IIRC, it's Hydrodip, though.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet deal. I just scored one of these too. I'll follow along as to how the coating removes. I will probably try boiling it a little and scrub.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes it is hydrographic printing.  It is going to take some serious scrubbing with a wire brush and acetone or sandblast to completely remove the pattern.  Flip for a profit, trade for color you want, or break out the krylon.  Smoking deal that are very unlikely to see again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes it is hydrographic printing.  It is going to take some serious scrubbing with a wire brush and acetone or sandblast to completely remove the pattern.  Flip for a profit, trade for color you want, or break out the krylon.  Smoking deal that are very unlikely to see again.
View Quote

Thanks for the advice B5.
They were a smoking deal!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks very much for the reply!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top