Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 7:15:27 PM EDT
Hi guys.

Stupid noob question.

I have a blast cabinet and have done some blasting and painting in the past, didn't know much going in and learned a lot.  Still don't know a lot though.  I want to add an air dryer/moisture separator and pressure regulator to the line, mounted on the side of my blast cabinet.  I'm not sure where to begin as far as fittings and pipe goes.  I think rigid pipe (copper?  brass?) is going to be the easiest.  

Can anyone point me to a site that can help me learn the various standards and fittings for running air?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Go down the the hardware store and talk to the guys. Look up the statistics on your cabinet and that should give you the size of the fittings on the cabinet and work from there.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Once you get a decent air compressor (tank size and compressor power), your air tools are going to open up all kinds of projects to you.

I'd get a filter/regulator like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Twin-Filter-Regulator-lubricator-Control-Unit-Water-Trap-for-air-Compressor-/271234090488?hash=item3f26cfc5f8:g:DR0AAMXQDrJR1kz6

Then mount it on your compressor unit itself (and I'm assuming it's a rolling or portable unit) so that it will be there where ever you use the compressor.
The most important thing is to get all of the water out of your compressed air.

As for the fittings, I used flexible high pressure hoses. No need for rigid lines unless you're doing production work or very high pressure work.

Make sure you have the tool fittings and not the automotive fittings for your connectors.

Consider divorce, and calculate whether the alimony your wife would pay you will let you spend the rest of your days in the shop working on stuff (if you can't do that, then stay married).

G.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to harbor freight, you can get the filter kit with everything you need in one box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top