Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2016 12:35:36 AM EDT
Looking at getting a blating cabinet for refinishing at home jobs, I stopped by harbor freight to check it out but theirs seems too small to do a complete barreled upper. For AR type guns it'd be fine but nothing I can't easily break into pieces.

I came across THIS and was wondering if anybody had any experience with it or had any other good suggestions in a smilier price range. I can't see myself spending a fortune on something like this but still open to good ideas.

This one just seems really simple, which i kinda like.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#1]
My friend has the harbor freight cabinet and for longer pieces he added a pvc tube off the side to accommodate items like your talking about. Just an idea....
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
never thought of that. Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the harbor freight unit (but be sure to use silicone caulk when you assemble it).

For big jobs, just get a portable unit, and use it in your yard or driveway. You lose the blast media that way, but realistically, how many big jobs will you be doing per year?

Make sure to put wheels on your blast cabinet when constructing it. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

The total cost of the HF unit plus the portable unit will be about the cost of the 50 gallon drum cabinet you linked to.

G.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the $99 one from Tractor Supply. I have done several barrels, the longest was for a Remington 7600, 26" I think.
Top Top