Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:12:59 PM EDT
Ok I didn't do any research prior to sending my lower, upper and handguard to LTM refinishing.  Now I am seeing all these awful reviews.  Am I fucked or has the problems been worked out.  I formed 1 the lower too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Just keep calling. That's about all I can tell you.

Joe has had a rifle of mine for 2 months now after claiming a 15 day estimate. I've attempted contact weekly, but the past 2 weeks he hasn't responded. Finally got him on the phone yesterday and he's claiming my stuff will be done by the end of the week (Same answer I've heard 3 times before), and that he just has to remove some stickers. It's been a frustrating experience, without a doubt. My stuff should have been done in December but instead there was an issue he claimed occured with Cerakote Hardener, then some people had last minute Shot Show projects that he put before mine, and now supposedly a bunch of suppressors.

I wish I could tell you his issues had been worked out, but I can't really say all that much until my parts are back in hand. Assuming it ever gets done I'm just hoping that he does some quality work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Joe has had a rifle of mine for 2 months now after claiming a 15 day estimate. I've attempted contact weekly, but the past 2 weeks he hasn't responded. Finally got him on the phone yesterday and he's claiming my stuff will be done by the end of the week (Same answer I've heard 3 times before), and that he just has to remove some stickers. It's been a frustrating experience, without a doubt. My stuff should have been done in December but instead there was an issue he claimed occured with Cerakote Hardener, then some people had last minute Shot Show projects that he put before mine, and now supposedly a bunch of suppressors.

I wish I could tell you his issues had been worked out, but I can't really say all that much until my parts are back in hand. Assuming it ever gets done I'm just hoping that he does some quality work.
View Quote

I got a hold of him yesterday and he said by the end of the week too.  LOL.   I should have done my research.  He said he was a couple weeks behind.  I'm not in a huge hurry but it would be nice to get my stuff back in a timely manner.  please keep me posted on your progress?  2 months sucks man.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll definitely make an update as soon as I have more contact or information to share.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll definitely make an update as soon as I have more contact or information to share.
View Quote

Please do.   I am contemplating asking him to box up my stuff and send it back to me on my dime.  Have you contemplated this?  Like I said I'm in no hurry but I'm getting scared this job is gonna take way longer than it should.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please do.   I am contemplating asking him to box up my stuff and send it back to me on my dime.  Have you contemplated this?  Like I said I'm in no hurry but I'm getting scared this job is gonna take way longer than it should.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More times than I could count. But then I figure I have 2 monthes invested. Maybe this time he will follow through with his promise.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

More times than I could count. But then I figure I have 2 monthes invested. Maybe this time he will follow through with his promise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bit the bullet and asked for my items to be returned.  I don't want to be in the same boat 2 months from now.  Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I bit the bullet and asked for my items to be returned.  I don't want to be in the same boat 2 months from now.  Wish me luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you check the LTM facebook page, he's now saying "We will be closed to the public in the morning (2/12/16) for our routine bi annual ATF inspection at 10:00. Normally doesn't take them long to inspect us. Should be back open by noon.."

I would assume it means another delay to work time too.

I was able to reach Joe by Text today to follow up as he requested and he's said he will try to get some pics for me tomorrow afternoon of the parts. Hopefully he does and I can see some progress. Would be nice to know they haven't been sitting there for 2 months straight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
What I can't figure out is why in the hell anyone would send anything to him considering his "track record" for YEARS!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

FWIW, there was a very big Cerakote hardener issue around that time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I think asking for your gun back is a good call. Anyone who is that far behind and puts that little pride into their customer service likely doesn't put that much into their actual work.  I used to do a lot of Duracoat work and it seems easy, but to truly do it right you have to put in the time. It's an art. There are a lot of good people out there. If you need a referral let me know, I sell stencils to get a lot of really good Cerakoters.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had heard about it as I typically do my own cerakote and had to order some. (The job I was having him do is a pattern that I don't have the time/patience/maybe skill to do.) So I wasn't questioning that. However with that said, it was his decision to do the Shot projects before mine despite having it since the beginning of December, and then whatever other work.

With that said, he's been very receptive to communication via text since he and I touched base last on the phone. He hasn't been able to supply me any pictures of the work stating that the memory card and computer were having issues. He says it's done and boxed and going out next day air tomorrow. So I guess we shall see if it really does.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had heard about it as I typically do my own cerakote and had to order some. (The job I was having him do is a pattern that I don't have the time/patience/maybe skill to do.) So I wasn't questioning that. However with that said, it was his decision to do the Shot projects before mine despite having it since the beginning of December, and then whatever other work.

With that said, he's been very receptive to communication via text since he and I touched base last on the phone. He hasn't been able to supply me any pictures of the work stating that the memory card and computer were having issues. He says it's done and boxed and going out next day air tomorrow. So I guess we shall see if it really does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you pm the number your texting him at to me?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure will.

I tried asking him for a tracking number today but no reply. No notifications of anything coming via UPS MyChoice either. Hopefully this isn't another lie.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sure will.

I tried asking him for a tracking number today but no reply. No notifications of anything coming via UPS MyChoice either. Hopefully this isn't another lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure will.

Any pics or tracking numbers?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No pictures. No tracking.

I called him on the phone and he picked up. Told me I caught him at a good time but he didn't have numbers with him. He said he would text me later today with an update. As of 2pm PST he says he's not back at the office yet but will get back to me. His shop closes in 45 minutes. I highly doubt he'll follow through, but I'll try back in about 30 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I called him on the phone and he picked up. Told me I caught him at a good time but he didn't have numbers with him. He said he would text me later today with an update. As of 2pm PST he says he's not back at the office yet but will get back to me. His shop closes in 45 minutes. I highly doubt he'll follow through, but I'll try back in about 30 minutes or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At what point is it considered stolen  Holy shit I wonder if I just lay into would it motivate him although I havent waited as long as you I can tell I'm on the path.  If he doesn't send my stuff back I'm gonna cancel paypal and notify the atf my formed 1 lower has been stolen.  Wonder if that will do anything? over dramatic?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At what point is it considered stolen  Holy shit I wonder if I just lay into would it motivate him although I havent waited as long as you I can tell I'm on the path.  If he doesn't send my stuff back I'm gonna cancel paypal and notify the atf my formed 1 lower has been stolen.  Wonder if that will do anything? over dramatic?
View Quote

I wish I had something positive to tell you. I just messaged him again but I doubt he'll even reply.

Trust me, I've thought about cancelling the payment a ton of times, but my guess would be that he would just hold the parts then. Not that he's doing anything different with them now. What do you want to bet they aren't even done yet? He knows I'm leaving town and he was supposed to get them out next day air, yesterday. Still nothing at this point. I don't know if I'm supposed to be angry or what. I just want my rifle back. We're on what, week 10 now from a 15 day estimate?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wish I had something positive to tell you. I just messaged him again but I doubt he'll even reply.

Trust me, I've thought about cancelling the payment a ton of times, but my guess would be that he would just hold the parts then. Not that he's doing anything different with them now. What do you want to bet they aren't even done yet? He knows I'm leaving town and he was supposed to get them out next day air, yesterday. Still nothing at this point. I don't know if I'm supposed to be angry or what. I just want my rifle back. We're on what, week 10 now from a 15 day estimate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should see if any of the local arfcommers can go pick our shit up.  I can make a post in the hometown forums maybe someone will be nice enough to help us out?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We should see if any of the local arfcommers can go pick our shit up.  I can make a post in the hometown forums maybe someone will be nice enough to help us out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent him a rather long text laying out my current feelings and impressions of doing business with him. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow then I may just be up for that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I sent him a rather long text laying out my current feelings and impressions of doing business with him. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow then I may just be up for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just sent him this via text:

Joe this is  __ _ _ from las vegas I want my upper lower and handguard returned to me work done or not.   I can't wait any longer.  If you don't send me a tracking number I'm canceling the paypal and I'm notifing the ATF you have stolen my form 1 lower reciever.   If I don't hear back from you I'm sending someone down to the shop to retrieve it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Really a shame. Wish things went smoothly as it seems like the work that does go out really is quality work. It's just the delays and communication issues that suck. Something that every review I've read mentions.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Spoke with Joe again as well as a few texts. No tracking was ever sent to me but he's claiming it came back to him this morning as he accidentally addressed it to himself as he hand writes UPS labels.

He's now telling me it will go back out tomorrow and arrive Monday via UPS Next Day, and he has given me a tracking number. The number does not yet show up on the UPS site and he says sometimes it takes a day or two on the hand written tags.

I guess we will see, yet again. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and am not getting my hopes up.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Spoke with Joe again as well as a few texts. No tracking was ever sent to me but he's claiming it came back to him this morning as he accidentally addressed it to himself as he hand writes UPS labels.

He's now telling me it will go back out tomorrow and arrive Monday via UPS Next Day, and he has given me a tracking number. The number does not yet show up on the UPS site and he says sometimes it takes a day or two on the hand written tags.

I guess we will see, yet again. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and am not getting my hopes up.

View Quote

I got a tracking number!! I think yours is on the way. I will keep checking on the tracking info.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I got a tracking number!! I think yours is on the way. I will keep checking on the tracking info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. Is yours like mine, not showing up in the system yet as he had said?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No its showing up.  I got an email from mychoiceUPS as well.  So he probably messed up on the label.  Whats another day right?  lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No its showing up.  I got an email from mychoiceUPS as well.  So he probably messed up on the label.  Whats another day right?  lol
View Quote

Infinite sadness.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]
In an interesting twist of fate, Joe has taken it upon himself to contact me today to give me updates on the packages status.

I'm traveling and haven't had time to message him, so this is nice. He said he would update me on when the shipment was picked up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In an interesting twist of fate, Joe has taken it upon himself to contact me today to give me updates on the packages status.

I'm traveling and haven't had time to message him, so this is nice. He said he would update me on when the shipment was picked up.
View Quote

I have to eat some crow today.  My upper, lower and handguard came back and I'm very happy with the work done.  I feel bad now .  The turnaround was reasonable and he next day aired it.  Me personally I think Joe has worked out the kinks and I bought into the bad reviews which made me very paranoid.  I think I would do business with him again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have to eat some crow today.  My upper, lower and handguard came back and I'm very happy with the work done.  I feel bad now .  The turnaround was reasonable and he next day aired it.  Me personally I think Joe has worked out the kinks and I bought into the bad reviews which made me very paranoid.  I think I would do business with him again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky man.

He continued to maintain contact with me throughout the afternoon. However that included to tell me that UPS skipped his pick-up today. So no package went out. He claims Monday it'll go out now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lucky man.

He continued to maintain contact with me throughout the afternoon. However that included to tell me that UPS skipped his pick-up today. So no package went out. He claims Monday it'll go out now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky man.

Did you get your rifle back? Pics?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Nothing in hand just yet. It was picked up by UPS yesterday and sent via next day air. Tracking is being funky and won't give an estimate on delivery. It does however say it's in the next town over.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#32]
And it has now been delivered.

Too bad I'm at work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#33]
So the package was received. Parts were very well protected inside. Looks pretty good, but you can tell he was either a little tired or rushed on it. Nothing I couldn't fix since I typically do my own cerakote. Just a little removal of extra spray on critical areas (Rail pins) and then removal of extra pattern stickers.

It's very nice in person and assembled looks pretty good. I told him that he's the expert and that he could decide how he wanted the gap panels and other small parts done. Whether to keep them on and spray over, or do them single color. He opted to make the rail section and gap panels green like the primary base coat, which does look good to me. I'll have to take better pictures but this is what I've got for now.

Shame I sold my optic in an effort to afford a FDE Tar Heavy, which I then couldn't get an order to go through on. I'll probably run the T1 on it until I can figure out what scope I want.

So without further adieu, I give you a Larue PredaTobr in modified Mandrake. (Used a darker green than normal for more natural appearance. You typically see an almost neon green which I think is a bit bright.)

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So the package was received. Parts were very well protected inside. Looks pretty good, but you can tell he was either a little tired or rushed on it. Nothing I couldn't fix since I typically do my own cerakote. Just a little removal of extra spray on critical areas (Rail pins) and then removal of extra pattern stickers.

It's very nice in person and assembled looks pretty good. I told him that he's the expert and that he could decide how he wanted the gap panels and other small parts done. Whether to keep them on and spray over, or do them single color. He opted to make the rail section and gap panels green like the primary base coat, which does look good to me. I'll have to take better pictures but this is what I've got for now.

Shame I sold my optic in an effort to afford a FDE Tar Heavy, which I then couldn't get an order to go through on. I'll probably run the T1 on it until I can figure out what scope I want.

So without further adieu, I give you a Larue PredaTobr in modified Mandrake. (Used a darker green than normal for more natural appearance. You typically see an almost neon green which I think is a bit bright.)

http://www.mywrx.net/kryp1.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp2.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp3.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp4.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp5.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp6.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp7.JPG
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp8.jpg
http://www.mywrx.net/kryp9.jpg
View Quote

Looks good.  Glad u finally have it back.  Such a nice rifle your a patient man lol
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#35]
My friend, I am SOOOO sorry you had to experience it this way. I was just about to post my own topics on this when I saw yours. I wrote out a very lengthy explanation of my situation but it turns out new accounts can't post over 2000 characters. I kept a journal in dealing with this guy, and it took just over four (yes, 4) months for me to get my SBR upper, lower, and buffer tube back. Incomplete and still messed up from the first time he sent it back to me (second time was an opportunity for him to fix what he screwed up the first time). Lesson learned. Stay away from LTM and do NOT send any money their way! Oh, and they charged me for a magazine after he told me to send a magazine along with the rifle as it would be done for free...

Edited to ask: did he coat the inside of your chamber as well? It appears as if he let a bunch of overspray seep into mine and now I'm concerned with firing it.

ATW!
-Fox
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Even though I haven't used this member, everyone HIGHLY recommends his work. In addition he hangs out here in the refinishing forum and in the Missouri Hometown Forum. (Jforbush)

I have NEVER seen a complaint and I've only seen praise of his work.

LINK
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#37]
PursuitSS-

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind if I ever have the itch to get another firearm cerakoted.

ATW!
-Fox
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

BS! If he does any type of volume work he would have hardener by the gallon.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, however I do very large volume coating. I had gallons of the hardener, and none of it was labeled by lot, still isn't. I threw out all of my hardener and Nolan sent me gallons more for free, but I had a week without any useable hardener. Not excusing it, I don't get how he's still in business with the stories I've heard on him, but that issue did happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top