Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 1:12:59 AM EDT
Hey yall!

In an effort to satisfy the itch to build a new rife, I've been thinking about refinishing my 16" LMT to give it a little "new" factor.  I want to use more of a Woodland green look but no black.  What Alumahyde colors would you suggest? I was thinking OD Green and Earth Brown for the darker colors.  Maybe Desert Tan for the lighter base coat?  Let me know what you think and pics are always appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]

This is kinda what I'm going for.  This pic was posted by HaveBlue83, page 1100 of the Mk12 thread in AR Discussions.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Coyote, fde, and magpul fde are all really similar in Alumahyde. Double check your colors when you order. I'm interested in what colors others suggest.

I'd say:
Matte black
Od green
Patriot brown or coyote (if you want a lighter brown)
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently did a rifle in a sponge pattern and was wanting it to resemble woodland camo.

I ended up using Matte Black, OD Green, Earth Brown, and Coyote.

I wish the earth brown was a little darker to be honest, but overall it kind of works. The Coyote is much lighter so you can clearly tell the difference between the earth brown and coyote.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently did a rifle in a sponge pattern and was wanting it to resemble woodland camo.

I wish the earth brown was a little darker to be honest, but overall it kind of works. The Coyote is much lighter so you can clearly tell the difference between the earth brown and coyote.
View Quote

Magpul fde and coyote are damn near identical. Don't get those two for a contrast job.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagging.  Curious to hear/see what people say.  I feel like I am wanting to paint AR like the OP.  I don't know the exact colors but I was wondering if maybe a color combination similar to multicam would work.  Maybe Norther Idaho Woodland is different than where OP is at though
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pics?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

I'll upload some when I have a moment. Maybe tonight?

It isn't a super high quality job or anything, I was just playing with Alumahyde as an experiment with some sponges. I normaly just use Cerakote/Duracoat/hydrographics. So this was new territory for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top