Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2015 11:37:38 PM EDT
Title says it all, I had it completely assembled with no batteries in it and once it was done curing I put the batteries in it and it worked just fine. I woke up this morning and now it doesn't work at all. Changed batteries, no fix. Can take the tail cap off and throw it on another light and it works fine. I take the head off and throw it on another light and it doesn't work. I take the head off of another light and throw it on the body and it doesn't work.

I have no idea what's going on. None of the contact areas seem to be painted. I'm going to call SureFire in the morning but in the mean time I come here to see if anyone else has had this problem and if so how they fixed it.

Much obliged.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
LED flashlights work with the body of the flashlight as the negative and the parallel batteries are a tube of positive going from front to back. You can test this by putting two batteries touching each other as they would be inside the tube and pressing the front against the back of the LED's contact and connecting the rear of the batteries to the housing of the LED.

Chances are between painting the threads and etc you broke the continuity of the current somewhere it needed to be.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I received an RMA from SF and they are going to take a look at it for me. Threads are clean but the paint must of gotten in somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]

I had the same problem with a Surefire we Cerakoted but ours would work sometimes. Surefire replaced it no questions asked even tho it was Sig dark gray.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top