Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 12:38:29 AM EDT
I'll be doing an AR winter camo in the next few weeks. Looking for pics, inspiration, etc. I'm gonna do it either way and post pics, so any good looking white ARs out there?

Done.

Fear me ruskies.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I did one once but ended up re-doing it. Sorry no picture of what it was. I had done it white with just black "branches" to break it up, but it was pretty limited as to where it was effective. Even with a good covering of snow, when sitting next to a brush pile or some cedar trees, it seemed to stick out even more than black. I changed it to more of a light tan/sand color with brown and black highlights. Much better all around! Now fits in well with snow, light snow cover and patchy dead grass, or western prairie.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did one once but ended up re-doing it. Sorry no picture of what it was. I had done it white with just black "branches" to break it up, but it was pretty limited as to where it was effective. Even with a good covering of snow, when sitting next to a brush pile or some cedar trees, it seemed to stick out even more than black. I changed it to more of a light tan/sand color with brown and black highlights. Much better all around! Now fits in well with snow, light snow cover and patchy dead grass, or western prairie.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking about doing the undercoat as patches of grey/blue, and brown/tan, then doing the laundry bag and doing a light white overspray.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres some inspiration for you:

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Update op
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Nice!

Here's my fancy all finished photo

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks good what colors are you using?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Base was krylon camo tan, did large spots of krylon camo dark brown, then covered those partially with spots of krylon flat primer grey. Then krylon flat white over the laundry bag,
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Base was krylon camo tan, did large spots of krylon camo dark brown, then covered those partially with spots of krylon flat primer grey. Then krylon flat white over the laundry bag,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Over the laundry bag"?  I don't get it?

PS  I like how it looks.  I'd want a darker grey color for "urban".
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]
^ Sprayed the topcoat through a mesh laundry bag to achieve the final pattern.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got you covered, ill start a new thread about it with how to pics.

posted a how to here

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/444352_LB_Camo_How_To__Cheap_and_flexible_Camo.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top