Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2014 3:52:32 AM EDT
I just received a solid new pair of hiking boots as a gift, but am not a fan of their color.

I have a couple cans of Krylon Fusion camo laying around, and am thinking about rattle canning the boots.

Anyone ever done something like this?

They are a $200 plus pair of boots, so I don't want to trash them or anything.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you will want to get used to the color.

I spray painted an old pair of white Nike hightop football cleats for outdoor paintball once. It wasn't Fusion camo but it was flat Krylon. It took days for the paint to dry. In fact it was still light tacky the next time I played two weeks later. So I rubbed some dirt into the paint.

For some reason the paint kinda glossed up on the leather and didn't adhere real well to the vinyl. Making the whole shoe look like a cheap vinyl knockoff. It really turned out looking like shit but since it was for paintballing only it didn't really matter.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Rustoleum and Duplicolor sell spray dye for auto interiors, that would be a better option
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top