Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2014 1:04:01 AM EDT
I rattlecanned one of my ARs last weekend. Not my first time. Now, it's common knowledge that beer and painting ARs go together like..something that goes well together. However, I might have started a little early this time..I was pretty buzzed.

I forgot to degrease the damn thing. I had the brake cleaner sitting right there next to my Sam Adams Octoberfest and just..didn't.

So, a week later, there are still some parts that are still a tad sticky (mostly the pistol grip, parts of my KAC RAS and that damn rubbery sling swivel. Paint just doesn't like that thing), and some of it is already wearing off just from me handling it. Like, on certain parts that are pretty much dry, it's really easy to just rub off with a finger.

Should I accept that I screwed it up, and strip it down and re-paint it? Would you?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
What paint did you use?
 If it's bugging you that much go ahead and strip and redo, thats what I would do.
 I used Rustoleum camo paint on my 870.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What paint did you use?  If it's bugging you that much go ahead and strip and redo. thats what I would do. I used Rustoleum camo paint on my 870.
View Quote
Same. Rustoleum camo.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't like it chalk it up to a drinking paint job mess up and start over  been there too.
I used a green scrub pad and degreaser over a bad paint job. It took off all the bad spots, then I redid the paint over. So no need to go back down to oe color just get it as clean as you can.
Edit : nice choice of Yankee beer too
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you don't like it chalk it up to a drinking paint job mess up and start over  been there too.

I used a green scrub pad and degreaser over a bad paint job. It took off all the bad spots, then I redid the paint over. So no need to go back down to oe color just get it as clean as you can.

View Quote
probably what I'll do. Thanks man.

Oh, and the beer - I can't deny, that shit is tasty
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No prob. Post up some pics (if you want) when done I'd like to see how it came out

Yea it it I've been to the brewery got some samples too, enough for a DD ride home.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Sam Adam's Octoberfest beer rocks.

I drink it religiously when it comes around every year and also pick up a few cases to last a little while longer.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top