Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 8:54:42 AM EDT
My wife wanted her own gun this year. She originally said that an all black gun would be fine and she didn't need or want any special colors. Then she saw this....

After that she really wanted something similar for her AR. We picked it up yesterday. All work was done by Andrew's Tactical Firearms in Clarksville, TN. We had seen a couple others done and they just seemed like way too much blue on the gun so she opted for this color scheme. I think it turned out great. Gun is a pinned and welded 14.5" in 5.56. Handguard is a Parallax Tactical Keymod, and the optic is just a Bushnell 1-4x. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Still a hell of a lot cheaper than actually buying something from Tiffany's. Looks like it turned out well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
looks good
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Cerakote?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Tiffany Blue and what's the other color??
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking about doing one like this for the wife. It's the only way I'm going to get her into ARs.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep its cerakote. Colors are tiffany blue and stainless (#7 IIRC).

Hopefully we'll get out to shoot it soon. She has been more and more interested in firearms the last few years. She got her own handgun for her birthday last year.This was supposed to be kind of an anniversary present but it got put on hold when I couldn't find the barrel I thought we should use. Now I just need to keep edging her towards learning how to load my shotgun and we can start our own 3 Gun team.

Quoted:
I'm thinking about doing one like this for the wife. It's the only way I'm going to get her into ARs.

http://i.imgur.com/f3grIm0.png

I'm a big proponent of letting her pick her guns, to a point. For example, she really wanted an XDm because they looked cooler than the other ones in the case. We went and shot several guns at the range and she still liked the way the XDm felt and she shot it great so that's what I got her. With the AR I originally told her she should pick out some cerakote colors but she wasn't digging it until she saw that pistol. After that I think she asked me twice a week if her gun was done yet. As long as I know the firearm isn't a POS, and she handles it and is still comfortable with it then I let her get whatever she is liking. Hopefully this gun turns into her own AR addiction. I just hope she doesn't go poking in the safe now that she has her own in there. She might find out that I may have, ummm, slightly played down the number of long guns in there.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Now I just need to keep edging her towards learning how to load my shotgun and we can start our own 3 Gun team.
View Quote

thats where i am at...reckon 410 will work?

wifey no likey 12ga
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

wifey no likey 12ga
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I just need to keep edging her towards learning how to load my shotgun and we can start our own 3 Gun team.

wifey no likey 12ga

Haha. 20 ain't bad if you have one and legal at most matches. I figure you're asking because you already have a 410 though. I'd rock it. I have a real old bolt action 410 that I love to shoot rabbits with. Maybe when I finally compete in Ironman I'll take it out and convince them to let me use it as a sniper shotgun . The big push for her was at a match at Rockcastle Shooting Center a couple years ago. John and Bethany Harris are a married couple and both pro shooters and were on my squad along with the Miculeks. She thought it was cool that couples and a whole family got out and shot together. I'm just afraid that her and the kids will be better than me, cause it wouldn't take much.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, he did a great job but that blue is overwhelming. I felt sick for a second trying to check it out lol, he did good work tho man I hope she likes it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn, he did a great job but that blue is overwhelming. I felt sick for a second trying to check it out lol, he did good work tho man I hope she likes it.
View Quote

It definitely gets radical out in the sunlight. I think its a cool color combo and she is loving it. My daughter (6 yrs old) is gravitating towards it as well.

All we need to do now is shoot the damn thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Still a hell of a lot cheaper than actually buying something from Tiffany's. Looks like it turned out well.
View Quote

My SO lost the $400 Tiffany's necklace I bought her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top