Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2014 8:38:13 PM EDT
So I'm working on a rattle can job.
Got the rifle, optic and light degreased and laid down a base of Aevroe Light Coyote, followed by a second layer of Light green.
Earth Brown & Post WWII OD will be the final coats sometime in the next week or so.

The weather was a bit cool, somewhat humid, and after 45 minutes or so I decided the paint wasn't dry enough to put on the last two colors and wasn't going to be within the hour recoat window,
so I decided to let it thoroughly dry and come back after the 72 hour recommended wait,

I then moved everything inside and into a room with a dehumidifier for the last 48 hours.
All good.  The paint has setup well and based on the conditions outside I think the pause was the right move.

The lens covers on the aimpoint however are not setting up.
48 hours later they are still tacky.  Is the material on these something that just wont work w/ Aevroe?
If so what are my options?  Another paint?  Do they sell OD / Coyote lens caps?

And since we all like pics - here are my "I'm half way done" shots.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm working on a rattle can job.
Got the rifle, optic and light degreased and laid down a base of Aevroe Light Coyote, followed by a second layer of Light green.
Earth Brown & Post WWII OD will be the final coats sometime in the next week or so.

The weather was a bit cool, somewhat humid, and after 45 minutes or so I decided the paint wasn't dry enough to put on the last two colors and wasn't going to be within the hour recoat window,
so I decided to let it thoroughly dry and come back after the 72 hour recommended wait,

I then moved everything inside and into a room with a dehumidifier for the last 48 hours.
All good.  The paint has setup well and based on the conditions outside I think the pause was the right move.

The lens covers on the aimpoint however are not setting up.
48 hours later they are still tacky.  Is the material on these something that just wont work w/ Aevroe?
If so what are my options?  Another paint?  Do they sell OD / Coyote lens caps?

And since we all like pics - here are my "I'm half way done" shots.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/mister-z/photo1_zps1ab3f6a8.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/mister-z/photo2_zps8d1361c0.jpg
View Quote

When I painted my rifle with an Ergo Deluxe rubber grip, it took significantly longer than the rest of the rifle to lose its tackiness. I'd just avoid handling it for more than a week, it really takes some time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top