Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2014 5:50:02 PM EDT
I would like to get something that is durable and of reasonable quality.
That being said my pockets are not bottomless! Any spray guns you guys can recommend?

I have access to a devilbiss jga-510 but it's the siphon type and I heard that you waste a lot of the Cerakote with those.

Considering the price of Cerakote and the small amount needed for each gun that seems like a major flaw.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 6 color kit and used the HVLP gun that was included in the kit, it works fine.. no problems with it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Capspray mini with an .8 nozzle for $100. Works awesome.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used this gun for the last two years, first with Gunkote and now Cerakote.  As long as you clean it thoroughly after each use, it will work fine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/hvlp-detail-spray-gun-46719.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a cheap kobalt one, works fine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I used the cheap guns when I first started out......then I bought a good one and let me tell you the difference!!  Just like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used the cheap guns when I first started out......then I bought a good one and let me tell you the difference!!  Just like anything else, you get what you pay for.

View Quote

What exactly are the differences. Not trying to be smart. I'd really like to know before buying a high end gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The atomization, the feel, the way the gun lays down the product, the ability to adjust air flow, product flow, ect, longevity, etc......
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What exactly are the differences. Not trying to be smart. I'd really like to know before buying a high end gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you buy the Iwata you won't regret it.
I fought with cheap guns for a long time and didn't even realize it until I got a good one.

I just thought, "I don't need it this works fine".

But now I will never go back to an el cheapo gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I fought with cheap guns for a long time and didn't even realize it until I got a good one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks all for the replies.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The atomization, the feel, the way the gun lays down the product, the ability to adjust air flow, product flow, ect, longevity, etc......
View Quote

Which gun do you have?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
My primary go to gun is a DeVilbiss SRI Pro.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a sneaking suspicion that my cheapo gun was a bit temperamental.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Expensive guns are rebuildable, cheap Harbor freight guns are not but they are just that, cheap. Throw it away and buy another. It's not the gun that makes you good it's knowing how to spray and adjust/control the gun that makes the end result perfect!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My primary go to gun is a DeVilbiss SRI Pro.
View Quote

Those are nice too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top