Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 8:17:47 PM EDT
Any idea what this is? Makes a slight buzz when turnes on but does not appear to do anything when switch on side or back is turned on.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The link isnt working when I click on it to try and view the image.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i know ... i had one job :)

should be corrected now
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Nvm. It works now.

The company is fairly well known. That is a russian made scope. I dont have alot of knowledge on that model,but it looks likely a russian gen 1 cascade tube using an oscilator in conjunction with the power supply. Im pretty sure that would account for the whine you are hearing when the scope is powerd on. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this is the Baigish 5P and indeed Russian. From some old threads from Cj7Hawk he found out it's a 2-stage Gen1 cascade instead of 3 and the exit pupil size is super small, so it could be you didn't look from the exact correct angle & position to see the image. Or maybe you did and it's broken.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think this is the Baigish 5P and indeed Russian. From some old threads from Cj7Hawk he found out it's a 2-stage Gen1 cascade instead of 3 and the exit pupil size is super small, so it could be you didn't look from the exact correct angle & position to see the image. Or maybe you did and it's broken.
View Quote
probably an inverting eyepiece is used with 2 stage tube, hence small exit pupil and other problems.
IMO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah often either the PS goes on those (most common IMO), or the tubes went tits up. If you hear a buzz the PS is probably ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top