Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
I have a PVS 14 that I need to get repaired. Preferably in the DFW area. I'm pretty sure my cable solder connections are getting loose on the tube. Sometimes goes to full bright with no way to adjust and lots of noise when in darker areas.  Any suggestions on a shop or reputable person ? TIA
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:29:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Just fyi, any tube work that is requested of Ed will more than likely be referred my way. Ask him first and he will most  likely send you to me. That way you can be sure im not giving you a load of BS and also that way if he wants to do the work himself he gets the work as I wouldnt want to take any work from Ed as I owe him alot for all he has done for me. My name is Paul and Ed is my mentor, under whom I apprenticed to learn the art of tube building. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My mistake. Didnt mean to do anything to make anyone upset. Id agree with you about that as Ed has a very good reputation everywhere. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Ident marking is in Rockwall and does repairs. No personal experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ident marking is in Rockwall and does repairs. No personal experience with them.
View Quote
Ident is good people. I have been to their shop and can say it is very clean and set up in a very professional manner.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just fyi, any tube work that is requested of Ed will more than likely be referred my way. Ask him first and he will most  likely send you to me. That way you can be sure im not giving you a load of BS and also that way if he wants to do the work himself he gets the work as I wouldnt want to take any work from Ed as I owe him alot for all he has done for me. My name is Paul and Ed is my mentor, under whom I apprenticed to learn the art of tube building. 
View Quote
Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure I purchased my tube from you in this condition on Ebay though so will probably try locally
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
We were emailing back and forth and we were working to figure out the issue in order to help you get that fixed, but my last email never recieved an response. If you want to send it back to me ill just fix free of charge. Lmk if you want me to do that for you. I have all neccessary parts to fix the tube no matter the issue. Ill diagnose and fix and get it back to you asap. Lmk thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top