Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 12:02:31 PM EDT
Trying to decide which version of TAPS I need.

Is the standard TAPS switch pretty much just like the Surefire SR07-D-IT? The primary differences being the plug for the laser and the various mounting options? Is the button operation the same? One pad momentarily activates the laser, the other the light? No constant on unless your laser has that capability (double tap)?

-NV Newbie
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm currently using a surefire M600U for white light. For IR laser & illuminator I'm using a DBAL A3. (2 ports. Standard & Vis override)

I'll be using it for all of the above. Most important is on a patrol rifle at work. Next is training to build proficiency for duty use. HD is a definite possibility. I also wouldn't mind putting down a few yotes but that's not my primary focus.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go TAPS Standard unless you need White light and Vis laser on at the same time.
View Quote
Yeah, I'd like to be able to fire them both together. My thinking is low light/ no light wearing a gas mask or training with a sims mask on etc.

Too bad there isn't a TAPS Pro with a light lead and two laser leads... One could go into the Vis Override port so I could active WLight & VisLaser together and the other could go into the standard port so my other pad could run my DBAL on whatever setting its on. (IR Laser/ IR Illuminator)
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Something may or may not be in the works
View Quote
Awesome!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top