Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2017 12:55:07 AM EDT
I have an Armasight CO-Mini Gen 3 Alpha that I'd like to run on a 16" AR with a MB556K with a Warden attached, does anyone know if this is safe or an awful idea?

Any help/experience is appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The warden throws one heck of a fireball I would just stick with the FH I see no benefit using the warden
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Griffin comp on the end of my tube with a gen3 clip on.  The muzzle flash would wash everything out momentarily, it was no bueno.  I ended up going with a fossa flash hider and found it to be very effective, I guess hence the term flash hider. Just my xp.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, so if you have a surefire comp--do you think it's better to run it without the warden or with?

I've exclusively ran my NVG helmet mounted with a different rifle (Larue Tranquillo Comp) and it does not seem to be an issue.
I've not tested the Warden/Legacy surefire yet with NVG.

They are both pinned, so flash hider is not an immediate option.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running a Warcomp/Warden combo

The warden is great for not ringing everyone around your ears and helps cut down on the dust/dirt thrown up.

The thing blows a massive fireball though if you google lr 308 Warden you'll see a you tube video of a  guy running his comp at night then attaching the warden in between all I can say is holy fireballs I think the brake did better for the flash. The warden does help with the noise around you though my warcomp really rings my ear but with the warden on its much nicer to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm running a Warcomp/Warden combo

The warden is great for not ringing everyone around your ears and helps cut down on the dust/dirt thrown up.

The thing blows a massive fireball though if you google lr 308 Warden you'll see a you tube video of a  guy running his comp at night then attaching the warden in between all I can say is holy fireballs I think the brake did better for the flash. The warden does help with the noise around you though my warcomp really rings my ear but with the warden on its much nicer to shoot.
View Quote
Yes, I bought it for my class gun to be "friendly" on the line.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help, everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top