Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 11:30:37 PM EDT
Put this rig together tonight for The Boy. Used his little snowboarding/bike helmet and some stuff I had laying around.
He got tired of holding a monocular up to his eye while getting his sneak on. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
that's just awesome

you earn the "best dad award" on the interwebs tonight
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Nailed it.

Nice job dad.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Love it. Well done
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Most badass kid ever

Best dad ever

Edit:
How well does he do with it? Do you have to pay extra attention to make sure he doesn't damage them / look into something bright enough to cause damage?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I built an ACT Lunox with a Blem Omni IV tube for my kids and they do pretty well with it. Haven't burned anything into it yet. This is a big hobby for me, and they always want to be involved in what I'm doing, so this seemed like the least expensive route that wouldn't bork my Sentinels or MOD3.

Now, when I put my 4 year old down for bed, I go into his room and hide random things and we spend the first 5 minutes in the rocking chair looking for the stuff I hid. It usually winds him down for the night and he actually looks forward to bed. He totally has the front objective and IR light figured out.

Haven't done the helmet thing yet... wasn't sure how a little neck would do with the weight. :-)
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Your "Stuff" you have laying around beats my main setup hands down.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I built an ACT Lunox with a Blem Omni IV tube for my kids and they do pretty well with it. Haven't burned anything into it yet. This is a big hobby for me, and they always want to be involved in what I'm doing, so this seemed like the least expensive route that wouldn't bork my Sentinels or MOD3.

Now, when I put my 4 year old down for bed, I go into his room and hide random things and we spend the first 5 minutes in the rocking chair looking for the stuff I hid. It usually winds him down for the night and he actually looks forward to bed. He totally has the front objective and IR light figured out.

Haven't done the helmet thing yet... wasn't sure how a little neck would do with the weight. :-)
View Quote
You sir are an excellent dad!  Pure awesome!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most badass kid ever

Best dad ever

Edit:
How well does he do with it? Do you have to pay extra attention to make sure he doesn't damage them / look into something bright enough to cause damage?
View Quote
I watch him like a hawk, lol. Actually, he's coming along pretty good. Of course, I'm mostly worried about him burning whatever he's using, so we work on that. He's getting better at moving over broken terrain, so that's less stressful than it used to be.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
How does he do with the weight?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How does he do with the weight?
View Quote
It tired him after about 15 minutes the first time out. His helmet is crazy lightweight, and I only used 1/4 pound of counterweight, and I'm gonna limit his time wearing it
We'll see how it works out.

Eta-the delrin housing also lowers the cantilevered weight a bit, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top