Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 1:24:45 PM EDT
Have a DBAL A3, legit (Purchased from TNVC), mfr date 04/16.  Has been a GREAT unit since purchase, lives on a suppressed 10.5 SBR and used for duty purposes. (I field Gen3 PVS-7 and 14's in conjunction)

Went to opcheck it last night with the -14, the visible and IR lasers are as expected, BUT the IR Illuminator is VERY dim - I can make out the illum from maybe 25 foot in a very dark environment, but nowhere NEAR the amount of illum it typically puts out.  I've tried the obvious (fresh battery and cleaned the illuminator lens, adjusted focus and double checked it with the -7's)

Any thoughts short of sending it in for warranty?  Wanna avoid that IF possible, it's my only A3.  I do have some OTAL's for targeting and other IR illum options, but no other self-contained units.

Thanks in advance for any advice (even if it's "Send it in" - kinda expected but hoping maybe theres a known issue with a field fix)
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey Brother, you using a pressure switch? If so, disconnect and try manual fire butron. Also try another fresh battery. If problems persist give jaimie at tnvc dot com a shout, we'll get out an RMA. Thanks.
View Quote
Much appreciated.  No tape switch, only manual fire.  Just tried a second fresh batt with no change.  I'll get in tough with Jaime, THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny observation: I see more issues posted (and personally experienced) about broken/malfunctioning Steiner products than I do ATN  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Same thing happened to my I2, had to send it in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Jaime at TNVC got me hooked up right away with an RMA from Steiner.  Steiner is saying a 4-6 week turnaround....   A little pissed at that part, but what choice do I have at this point? Hoping that's an under promise/over deliver kinda estimate...

Appreciate the help from TNVC, you guys have been class acts in every dealing I've had with the company!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Same thing happened to mine. I mailed it back and it was about a 3 week turnaround.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny observation: I see more issues posted (and personally experienced) about broken/malfunctioning Steiner products than I do ATN  
View Quote
Yeah, that's because Steiner products are absolute garbage!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top