Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 6:20:02 PM EDT
Is the G24 worth the price over another mount? Not thrilled with the G11 and the bayonet type lugs.

With that said anyone know where the best price is on the G24?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The legacy mounts do leave something to be desired but they can be radically improved with minor modifications. Most of the problems are in the J-Arms.

What NVD are you using? I like the Norotos INVG with the DDA if you are going to Dovetail Mount a PVS-14. On a budget, I still like the Norotos RHNO II with a modified J-Arm.

If you are mounting duals then some of the other guys can chime about that.

The L4 G24 is a little high on the price for MNVD use for what it provides.

Do you prefer a locking arm or an FTO arm? I like lockers for heavy dual rigs. I like FTO for MNVDs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's on a pvs14 and I plan on investing in a bridge and another 14 eventually.

I plan on dovetail shoe and plan to go dual 14's eventually. The l4g11 works but I'd prefer to go away from the bayonet lugs. I was looking into the g24 cause it stows vertical in front and I use mine in tight spaces and vehicles most of the time when I'm using them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's on a pvs14 and I plan on investing in a bridge and another 14 eventually.

I plan on dovetail shoe and plan to go dual 14's eventually. The l4g11 works but I'd prefer to go away from the bayonet lugs. I was looking into the g24 cause it stows vertical in front and I use mine in tight spaces and vehicles most of the time when I'm using them.
View Quote
If you need a dovetail then the G24 is a pretty good mount. I have the G24 & the G11, and the G11 when adjusted to bayonet is a tighter & more wobble free fit than the G24 with dovetail on my Sentinels. In retrospect I would not be inclined to buy a G24 for a PVS14. Of course I haven't broken any J arms yet, that might change my opinion slightly.

I also wish the G24 was a force-to-overcome style flip up, and the breakaway feature doesn't do anything for me, but those are just preferences to my specific use.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Based on what I've seen most people running:

Invg for a single -14.

G24 for binocular or dual -14s in a bridge.

In your situation I'd buy a g24.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you need a dovetail then the G24 is a pretty good mount. I have the G24 & the G11, and the G11 when adjusted to bayonet is a tighter & more wobble free fit than the G24 with dovetail on my Sentinels. In retrospect I would not be inclined to buy a G24 for a PVS14. Of course I haven't broken any J arms yet, that might change my opinion slightly.

I also wish the G24 was a force-to-overcome style flip up, and the breakaway feature doesn't do anything for me, but those are just preferences to my specific use.
View Quote
Just curious why you wish the g24 was force to overcome? I find it a bit annoying but then I am use to a push button flip mount with my anvis9's at work.

Thanks everyone else for the info so far. I'm leaning towards the g24 for the features and because I'm probably going dual tubes eventually. Keep the opinions coming.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just curious why you wish the g24 was force to overcome? I find it a bit annoying but then I am use to a push button flip mount with my anvis9's at work.

Thanks everyone else for the info so far. I'm leaning towards the g24 for the features and because I'm probably going dual tubes eventually. Keep the opinions coming.
View Quote
I do a lot of mount flipping with the duals in order to look through thermals etc. It is a little easier for one handed operation IMO. The spring loaded latch/button makes an audible sound as well when it locks, not a huge deal but mildly annoying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Makes sense, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I do a lot of mount flipping with the duals in order to look through thermals etc. It is a little easier for one handed operation IMO. The spring loaded latch/button makes an audible sound as well when it locks, not a huge deal but mildly annoying.
View Quote
I do not argue with this at all - it is a legitimate position. On the rare occasion that I run duals, however, I like the locking feature to prevent face-slam.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Only goggles I have training and lots of use with are the anvis9 so I don't have anything to compare them to at this point. The only personal goggle I can afford at this point would be bridged 14's. With that said it will be a bit before I can afford another 14 and a bridge so maybe I'll just put up with the g11 mount which is really not that bad and probably fine for my personal use.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I am not speaking of experience, but as far as I know the Norotos LoSto mounts are a bit lower profile and more similar to what you would be familiar with your anvis.

What I do know is Norotos & Wilcox use a bit different sized dovetails. I have a G24 for my DTNVG and love it, but had an option to purchase it with another dovetail to use with the LoSto mounts. I wouldn't mind a little lower stow profile, if I don't turn the articulating sides close to the helmet it does stick out a lot, more so than an anvis.

I don't see any issue with it not being FTO, you pick up the one handed operation quick.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What I do know is Norotos & Wilcox use a bit different sized dovetails.
View Quote
This bears repeating...

I wasn't really happy when I found that out. Luckily Adams Industries wasn't kidding with "rugged chassis" on their marketing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I could never get the automatic on magnet switch thing to work with the G24.   Is that a common issue?  I ended up cutting it off.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only goggles I have training and lots of use with are the anvis9 so I don't have anything to compare them to at this point. The only personal goggle I can afford at this point would be bridged 14's. With that said it will be a bit before I can afford another 14 and a bridge so maybe I'll just put up with the g11 mount which is really not that bad and probably fine for my personal use.
View Quote
Most of the problems with the legacy bayonet design are in the J-Arm. A good tuned arm may suit you until you get your bridge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This bears repeating...

I wasn't really happy when I found that out. Luckily Adams Industries wasn't kidding with "rugged chassis" on their marketing.
View Quote
This is 100% true. Go all Norotos or all Wilcox but do not mix the two. Also the Wilcox J-Arms with or without external switches set the MNVD at different standoff distances from the eye.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok thanks for all the help everyeone! I think im just going to stick with the G11 for now and maybe pick up a few j arms to get a good fit.

Now that I have been researching the AB mod3B I really want to go that route and sell my 14 in the near future so that will probably have me picking up a G24 eventually but I dont want to have to get new j arms for now so Ill eat the cost of a G24 when I need it.

Guess I need to do some more research on the mod3's.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok thanks for all the help everyeone! I think im just going to stick with the G11 for now and maybe pick up a few j arms to get a good fit.

Now that I have been researching the AB mod3B I really want to go that route and sell my 14 in the near future so that will probably have me picking up a G24 eventually but I dont want to have to get new j arms for now so Ill eat the cost of a G24 when I need it.

View Quote
Are you using the J arm adjustment screw on the G11? Between using that & tightening the hell out of the J arm knob with vise grips, I don't have any wobble issues.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you using the J arm adjustment screw on the G11? Between using that & tightening the hell out of the J arm knob with vise grips, I don't have any wobble issues.
View Quote
Yes and it works fine really, I just heard so many good things about the dove tail and planned on going dual tube but now that I am thinking about the mod3's I dont need to go dovetail yet. I had one j arm that I cracked and no matter what I did with the knob in it it moved. This new j arm I have the knob is tight but the fit in the mount is not as tight so I will just play with some different j mounts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bump me when you get a spare J-Arm and I'll walk you through tuning it to reduce wobble.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok I will and appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top