Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 3:44:23 PM EDT
Hey all - I've had it with my Rhino 1 and would like to upgrade to a Rhino 2 for my Ops Core/PVS14 combo.  I've read they can be found for $50 but I'm always wary that I'm buying airsoft garbage - any tips for determining whether a Rhino 2 is real or chicom junk?

Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey all - I've had it with my Rhino 1 and would like to upgrade to a Rhino 2 for my Ops Core/PVS14 combo.  I've read they can be found for $50 but I'm always wary that I'm buying airsoft garbage - any tips for determining whether a Rhino 2 is real or chicom junk?

Thanks a lot!
View Quote
I have yet to see a fake RHNO II. There is no money in it until the surplus units dry up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have looked through Chinese websites, bought one fake AKA2 mount and there really are no Rhino II copies made. They all are genuine, and go for really low prices. Needless to say the repro AKA2 was as bad as you'd imagine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah pretty much.  I bought mine on ebay, after SOT recommended them, and yeah, it was the genuine article.  It is a rock solid mount, for 50 bucks btw.  Huge improvement over the legacy Rhino mount.  The Rhino II was initially very tight in my Ops Core built-in shroud, but after carefully fitting it a few times it's rock solid.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm hearing ya, I've bought a lot of surplus on Bragg Blvd that was from wherever.  I'm sure Norotos (and others) are pissed.

I was surprised to see so many Rhino II's on ebay.  That leads me to believe that someone, somewhere is surplusing these things out.  

Lots of perfectly good kit ends up being surplused out for pennies on the dollar.  In addition to Joes selling their own kit.  So some is shady, some is not.  

I'd like to tell you I would buy full retail all the time and support the vendors, but the reality of it is that sometimes you get good deals on surplus, and it's hard to pass up.

BTW, SOT recommended buying the Rhino II mount- not buying it on ebay.  The way I worded that was not clear.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Duly noted.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Rhino II on eBay and it is good to go. Paid $55 I believe. After a coat of Rustoleum flat black it's even better.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#9]
So RhinoII is still being fielded? I thought that went to Wilcox for general issue?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top