Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 4:23:04 PM EDT
Will Canada allow me to bring my Night vision through their country to go to Alaska & back?

thanks for sharing you knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
2+ d300 thank you for taking the time
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IF you have the data sheet (you must bring it with you) and the signal to noise  is 29 and below you are ok.
View Quote
Typo? Should it be 19?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Correct...Sorry 19 S/N and below up to 350 photoresponse. I was looking at an old ,data sheet it had 29LP.Thanks Murtis.

SD also sent you a PM and Arf email.
View Quote
Can you layover or fly direct to Alaska with anything you want?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Soon it will be light for 20+ hours a day, do you need NV?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty funny.  Although when it's dark for awhile they might come in handy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]
If I were concerned in any significant way about hunting or fighting then I would still want them but, for recreational purposes, I would leave them at home. I spent a Summer month in a high latitude and I had to recalibrate myself to 20 hours of daylight because I worked (cutting down trees) from sunup to sundown like normal but with 20 hours of sunup I slaughtered myself. The conversation at the end of the night went something like this.

Buddy, "What do you want to do now?"

Me - I ran through the litany of things I had done during the day and finished with, "The Sun just set in the North and I'm done."

Buddy, "That's not North."

Me, "Where's the lake?"

Buddy, "To the North."

Me, "Where did the Sun set?"

Buddy, "Over the lake."

Me, "I'm cashing."

Of course, if it were Winter then we would have had 20 hour nights and the situation would be very different. I did not feel very crippled without NVG's during the Summer. They would have been toys.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, can you ship them ahead to your destination?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top