Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2017 2:59:36 PM EDT
I got a really good deal on the gen2 ID-MG, but i couldnt make out a full size metal ipsc torso painted white at 285 yards last week, clear sky no moon. My gen 3 mod-3's no issue of course. So heres the question. I have a spare MX10160 omni3 perhaps 4ish. Should I replace the tube with that? Id lose the adjustable gain, so is that a necessary feature on a clip on?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the day crew.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]
What the hell is a "omni3 perhaps 4ish" tube look like? I'm not picking on you, it's just people claim it's an Omnibus III or Omnibus V contract tube, when it wasn't.

Does your CO-LR still have warranty? Are you using enough light to see out to 285yd?

My instinct says that you should leave your 100% functional clipon alone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First question......Do you know how to properly conduct a tube Swap? Do you have the ability to perform a Dry Nitrogen Purge, ensuring there is not residual moisture within the system once sealed?

Second Question If you have a Gen3 already Whay are you dumping money into another system when there is an assortment of other gear you might want, Hell at a minimum stick it into a 401, the market is doing amazing right now and my portfolio is on the ups.
View Quote
I wasnt suggesting that I was going to do it, but i guess i didnt say that either. I was going to send it off to be done properly.

The tube I have is older and just sitting in a box. It is a Gen3, but 10160.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What the hell is a "omni3 perhaps 4ish" tube look like? I'm not picking on you, it's just people claim it's an Omnibus III or Omnibus V contract tube, when it wasn't.

Does your CO-LR still have warranty? Are you using enough light to see out to 285yd?

My instinct says that you should leave your 100% functional clipon alone.
View Quote
Yes, using illumination. Both m952V and the Armasight illuminator it came with. The armasight illum with the mod-3's see's a long way beyond 300, so the illum is working just fine. But with the clip on, nope, cant make out the target. No, its now out of warranty. And if you want to know what my tube looks like, its shown on the identification thread above, second to last page.

Im just wondering if an older gen3 tube would step up the performance so i can identify the target at 300 yards, using what i have on hand. Id love to have a PVS30, but thats not in the cards right now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure I'd pull it apart just to swap the tube - especially since you're not really sure of the specs on the spare tube you have. The pics of that tube weren't really telling... You'd need to test the performance to know for sure. I was going to say sell both and try and buy a better tube, but that MX-10160 tube you have isn't going to bring a whole lot simply because it looks very cobbled together.

Tube pics from other thread for reference:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, ill probably just leave things as is and use the spare tube to build up a -14 that my kid can use to go with me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]
PS your inbox is full.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
cleaned it up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks, ill probably just leave things as is and use the spare tube to build up a -14 that my kid can use to go with me.
View Quote
That's exactly what I'd do. Build a -14 for your kid so they can never afford drugs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
lol, he's 7, sooo better to start him on the darkest path possible as soon as we can, that way he'll never have any money, but will have some of the coolest toys ever. Then again, he'll just inherit them from me. Not sure this will be a win-win. hahaha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top