Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2017 10:50:42 AM EDT
Just picked up a PEQ-15, but it didn't come with a pressure switch. I'm looking online but it seems like the only pressure switches I can find are 12" cables. I don't need a cable that long, maybe around 4" or 6". So I found this. Does this EOTech switch work with the PEQ-15? And would it fit the MLOK mounting plate? If this wouldn't work, are there any other options for a simple pressure switch?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked up a PEQ-15, but it didn't come with a pressure switch. I'm looking online but it seems like the only pressure switches I can find are 12" cables. I don't need a cable that long, maybe around 4" or 6". So I found this. Does this EOTech switch work with the PEQ-15? And would it fit the MLOK mounting plate? If this wouldn't work, are there any other options for a simple pressure switch?
View Quote
I think the new Steiner switches are backwards compatible to the PEQ-15. The standard cable length is around six or seven inches, Can anyone verify compatibility for me?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the difference, if any, between the EOTECH ATPIAL and the one from L3/Insight?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

What flashlight are you running with that? If it's Surefire or uses the Surefire type switch, I suggest TAPS from TNVC/Unity Tactical.

I have the standard TAPS, but they also make a programmable TAPS Pro.
https://tnvc.com/shop/taps-tactical-augmented-pressure-switch/
https://tnvc.com/shop/taps-pro-tactical-augmented-pressure-switch-programmable/
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
EOTech = Insight = L3, they're all the same switches from the same OEM, and there is a wide range of lengths available, I think the shortest I've seen are 3" versions, and I even have a 24" version.  

The Insight-pattern plug, "sometimes" called the Crane-pattern these days, is the same one used on most LDI/Steiner/Beretta units, as well as the MAWL.  

The Surefire D-R-IT has one Insight pattern plug, the LDI/Steiner switches have the same plug, and the TAPS have Insight compatible plugs.  

The M-LOK adapter that is compatible with Insight switches would work with the switch you linked to, because the remote pad is identical, it's only the cable length that varies.  

However, if you wait long enough and keep an eye out (or even post a WTB), used Insight plugs sell by the boatload at anywhere from $5-$20 a piece, shipped, with the most common lengths being 6-7" and 12".  No need to pay B&H $72 + shipping.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EOTech = Insight = L3, they're all the same switches from the same OEM, and there is a wide range of lengths available, I think the shortest I've seen are 3" versions, and I even have a 24" version.  

The Insight-pattern plug, "sometimes" called the Crane-pattern these days, is the same one used on most LDI/Steiner/Beretta units, as well as the MAWL.  

The Surefire D-R-IT has one Insight pattern plug, the LDI/Steiner switches have the same plug, and the TAPS have Insight compatible plugs.  

The M-LOK adapter that is compatible with Insight switches would work with the switch you linked to, because the remote pad is identical, it's only the cable length that varies.  

However, if you wait long enough and keep an eye out (or even post a WTB), used Insight plugs sell by the boatload at anywhere from $5-$20 a piece, shipped, with the most common lengths being 6-7" and 12".  No need to pay B&H $72 + shipping.  

~Augee
View Quote
^. 100% with augee on this.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote
 When you say "most" LDI / Steiner units" does that mean all of the OTALs and DBALs? I want to grab a few inexpensive PEQ-15 cables when they are available and I am thinking of standardizing on OTALs and DBALs - I want everything to be compatible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top