Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 1:15:22 AM EDT
Does anyone here know the type, length and thread pitch of the screws which would normally secure the dovetail mount to the top of a BNVD?

My unit has a 'geometry correction' block between the mount and the BNVD's housing with longer that normal screws going through it. It gets the dovetail a bit higher and near the centerline of the device. Neat idea but my vertacle adjustment is nearly maxed and if I wear glasses I can barely get the NODs far enough away from my face. I might be wearing a gas mask soon too for a bit so I need to get all the adjustment that I can out of this. I'd like to return that dovetail to its original position.

Regards,
Ek
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone on here might know, but this is really more of a dealer / manufacturer type question.

Alternately, you could unscrew one of them and take it to your local home depot and you can try and thread it into the board they have there that helps you ID pitch / size.

Or, you can get a set of gauges to help with this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ROIU2A?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone on here might know, but this is really more of a dealer / manufacturer type question.

Alternately, you could unscrew one of them and take it to your local home depot and you can try and thread it into the board they have there that helps you ID pitch / size.

Or, you can get a set of gauges to help with this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ROIU2A?tag=vglnk-c102-20
View Quote
There is a good chance Home Depot will not be able to provide the actual screw. Once you have identified what you need you can probably source it from McMaster-Carr - they have a pretty wide selection of screws. You should be able to find a direct fit that will not require modification.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
home depot will likely not have the screw - I was sending him there to find the screw size. it really depends if it is an oddball size and thread pitch. the thread gauges would probably be the best bet and for $10 it is a nice addition to your toolbox.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
3 Screw Black?  1 Screw Brown?  Hexhead or Phillips?  

Whole lot of variables here.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally heard back from the manufacturer. The screws are 4-40. Length should be easy enough to determine.

Thanks, all.

Ek
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top