Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 12:43:23 PM EDT
Looking purchasing a refurb PVS-4.  Seller says it has a modified slug, ready for an ACOG style mount.  Not familiar with the term slug. Is this a simple procedure to attach mount to scope?  Thanks..........
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking purchasing a refurb PVS-4.  Seller says it has a modified slug, ready for an ACOG style mount.  Not familiar with the term slug. Is this a simple procedure to attach mount to scope?  Thanks..........
View Quote
The Picatinny ACOG mount bolts to the "slug" just like it bolts to the integral base of the ACOG. The slug is removable from the PVS-14 but most refurb houses modify the slug to use a readily available mount rather than use a rare or custom built mount that directly bolts to the housing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
When did the term "slug" start to gain use instead of "channel mount" ? 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When did the term "slug" start to gain use instead of "channel mount" ? 
View Quote
I don't think that it did. I think this is a different term to indicate a separate piece, as opposed to an integral channel mount. That's just my $.02. I had the same question when I first heard it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top