Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 8:23:59 PM EDT
I am thinking about picking up a D750 Marauder and have some random questions. Any input would be welcome.

- how is the scope housing quality?

- how is the glass? It is more expensive than the D740...is the additional cost all from better glass or is the scope body different also?

- is WP with the crazy high specs the way to go with this scope? Or is a thin filmed the better tube for this application?

- I have a 35 s/n WP tube in a TNVC blem pvs-14 unit....im wondering if I could install the blem tube in the scope and take the new clean tube and put it in the pvs-14...

- any first hand experiences with this scope?

- PLEASE if anybody has pics through this scope...please post them...especially if it is a high spec WP.

- what is the "down low" on night optics? GTG?

General info* I had a pvs-4 with an unknown tube but fantastic image....i have always kicked myself for selling it. I have also kicked myself for not picking up a raptor when they were around. I like the idea of a high quality scope, good glass and a high spec tube. This would only be for plinking and grins.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Interested as well... I'm saving for the D790 Magnus.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one that's about five years old now, but have never looked through 740 for comparison.  The on/off switch is three positions: off, green reticle, red reticle. 

The red reticle position of the switch no longer works on my scope. 

As far as I know, the glass is of excellent quality. On a clear night no illuminator is ever necessary and can easily make out objects like a deer or hog across an open field for several hundred yards away. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top