Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2017 8:03:46 PM EDT
I'm looking for feedback on the UK IR Illuminator maker. He had a Facebook page and was making some good illuminators out of those cheap Chinese T20 bodies.

I messaged him through Facebook and no reply yet. Has anybody been in contact with him since December? That's when his last updated project was posted. I'd really like to get a T20 and T38 that he modded.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Just out of curiosity what does the mod do?

Because my $40 t20 Evolva does a pretty awesome job for the price. As SOT pointed out I'm not sure how durable it is but so far so good.

I wish I could get a better sense of what Da Torch output is. Sorta hard on YouTube videos.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/172611-3-mode-T20-torches-850nm-IR-Red-Green

This guy makes some.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
His name is Ian iirc

Last i checked he would not ship to the US because of a deal he has with a reseller here.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some shipped to me years back when he first started making them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had some shipped to me years back when he first started making them.
View Quote
Hey Hard_Ware how did you like yours? I just ordered 2  T20 Illuminators from him. I'm looking for 100-200yds illumination on hogs with Gen III night vision.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Will do that range no problem.
With a 52mm Panasonic lens adapter pressed on the end you can add a nd2-400 adjustable neutral density filter to the  lens to control the strength of the ir light emitted.
You will have control on the level of ir emitted at each setting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Great thanks! Is this the correct Panasonic 52mm Lens Adapter?
eBay 52mm Lens Adapter
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great thanks! Is this the correct Panasonic 52mm Lens Adapter?
eBay 52mm Lens Adapter
View Quote
No it's the one for the LX3 52mm.

LX3 52mm adapter

52mm 2-400 shade neutral density filter will allow you to reduce light output

Pretty neat adjustable filter.

A IR light blocking adjustable filter is also produced that adjusts from green 530nm to 750nm  that would work great on the front of a pvs14. The amount of visible light could be adjusted for best view without blocking the IR wavelength. Green and red light could be reduced when needed. Like when in a vehicle, cabin lighting could be reduced by turning the filter. I am Just waiting for a 30mm one for my pvs14.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Man thanks a lot! I'm ordering tonight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top