Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 8:40:09 PM EDT
A few years ago I purchased a pvs-14 kit, and a separate mx-11769 tube and assembled a pvs-14. The lens from that kit is in the middle of the photo below
I am building a pair of binos and have been getting together tubes and optics, I finally got the objective lenses. One is nearly the same as my previous lens (left), the other is longer (right)

All three lenses work great and I can find no difference between them, but I'm a bit worried about the long one. Fully seated in the pvs-14 obstructs the tube

When focused it's farther out, like this. But I can feel it butt up against the tube while focusing

So what's the deal with the oddball lens? Do I need a special spacer or something. I can only verify pvs-14 compatibility. But am planning on building a mod-3, and I don't know how it will work in there. My plan is to use the oddball in the pvs-14, and the two matching ones in the mod-3. As I stated, I am a bit worried about it seeming to make contact with the tube though, and it's definitely longer than the other ones

Can anyone drop some knowledge on me?

Also, who has the best deal on a variable gain mod-3 including a cleaning/purge?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
i think the longer one will be for the pvs7 goggle
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote is to buy a matched pair of objective lenses and sell the old ones. You'll beat most of the hassle and have a matched set.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i think the longer one will be for the pvs7 goggle
View Quote

Yup, most likely a PVS-7B lens which does fit the PVS-14 body, but doesn't function 100% correctly (bumps into tube as you stated).  They get sold off as PVS-14 lens because they look so similar.  Particularly when not in the PVS-7 front lens housing.  I have made the same mistake in the past.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Longer one is for a PVS-7 as said above.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
^^^^^^
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Good to know, thanks guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top