Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 8:11:59 AM EDT
Was this at SHOT? It looks like the PL but has a larger portion at the back, possibly for tape switch? Cant find any more info on it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317599-REG/steiner_9027_dbal_rl_rifle_green_laser_class.html
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't seem to find any info on it. It seems to be a more expensive ldi cqbl or whatever they call it.

Just like I think its best to hold off on buying thermals due to upcoming tech, I think the same is about to happen in the laser world.

Look at what the new mawl can put out for ir illumination performance in a tiny laser based package. I would expect that steiner is going to have to hit the drawing board in the next year hard to come up with something to try to compete with the new tech.

Its really the first time a c based illuminator that could be used tactically, has been worth its salt.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Odd...that body style was originally a pistol light, designed as basically a mini dbal for pistols. I'm curious if B&H simply got the item description a little wrong.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Odd...that body style was originally a pistol light, designed as basically a mini dbal for pistols. I'm curious if B&H simply got the item description a little wrong.
View Quote

There is definitely some differences in the housing geometry compared to the PL. It is also up at OpticsPlanet, with no detailed description.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It is in the Steiner catalog. It is designed for rifle use, very similar to the PL
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Top Top