Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
MTEK helmets actually exist!!  They aren't just some mythical helmet that you might see on some cool-dude's IG  
I'm also using the thin comfort pads and the fit is good; i have a giant melon, 7-7/8 hat size.

2017-04-03 18.45.58 by , on Flickr

2017-04-03 18.46.29 by , on Flickr

2017-04-03 18.46.10 by , on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
FiveToOne, that's a nice looking lid.  The coyote is sharp.  

On the 7&7/8 size head.  Everyone gives me shit for my 7&3/4 
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
No doubt about it. That's a sharp brain bucket.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i've been wearing this thing a good bit for the past few days to get a good feel for the form/fit.  i really like it.  comfortable and stable helmet.

i added a white/IR task light and a surefire white/red nav light that i had in my parts bin.  

my only gripe is that the hardware MTEK uses on the wilcox shroud does not jive with the mount for the 3-hole wilcox retention lanyard.  the MTEK screw is too big for the wilcox mount/cup for the lanyard.  going to have to make a trip to the hardware store to get the correct size screw and retention socket.

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i've been wearing this thing a good bit for the past few days to get a good feel for the form/fit.  i really like it.  comfortable and stable helmet.

my only gripe is that the hardware MTEK uses on the wilcox shroud does not jive with the mount for the 3-hole wilcox retention lanyard.  the MTEK screw is too big for the wilcox mount/cup for the lanyard.  going to have to make a trip to the hardware store to get the correct size screw and retention socket.
View Quote
OperatorX, post up that screw size if you can when you figure it out.  Also your not the only one wearing their MTEK helmet around the house in the past few days.

The chin strap buckles tend to come un-latched a lot, not when wearing the helmet but after it's been off and the straps flap around.  Not sure how I feel about this so far; I might just tape them down after a while and i'm sure i'm comfortable with my chin strap position.

Also I failed at installing my SARA's for my Sordin's but that's on me.  I had the behind the neck Sordins but I ordered the SARA's from MTEK and they are the over the head band type.  Ordered up the ESS studs from Unity so that should take care of that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OperatorX, post up that screw size if you can when you figure it out.  Also your not the only one wearing their MTEK helmet around the house in the past few days.

The chin strap buckles tend to come un-latched a lot, not when wearing the helmet but after it's been off and the straps flap around.  Not sure how I feel about this so far; I might just tape them down after a while and i'm sure i'm comfortable with my chin strap position.

Also I failed at installing my SARA's for my Sordin's but that's on me.  I had the behind the neck Sordins but I ordered the SARA's from MTEK and they are the over the head band type.  Ordered up the ESS studs from Unity so that should take care of that.
View Quote
I haven't had any problems with the chinstrap coming loose.  I'll fool around with it tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem.  

Will do on the hardware and size.  Seems like a simple fix.  The modularity of the system was a selling point for me.  I'm thinking less than $5 at the hardware store will do the trick.

ETA:

Chinstrap on mine is solid.  

I was wrong on the simple hardware fix.  Wilcox must use a funky thread on the cup.  I couldn't find anything to fit it.  I just ground the back of the lanyard down and attached with Heavy duty Velcro.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
MTEK has put me in a really tough spot. I ordered an FLUX ballistic 9 freaking months ago when the listed wait was 6-8 weeks. Now I'm at the point where I'm really tempted to jump ship and get an Ops-Core because this helmet will be used for patrol and I need something ASAP.

Can anyone with the FLUX comment on how it compares to Ops-Core? Is the "undercut geometry" really a game changer and worth the wait? Or is it fairly comparable to the Ops-Core?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MTEK has put me in a really tough spot. I ordered an FLUX ballistic 9 freaking months ago when the listed wait was 6-8 weeks. Now I'm at the point where I'm really tempted to jump ship and get an Ops-Core because this helmet will be used for patrol and I need something ASAP.

Can anyone with the FLUX comment on how it compares to Ops-Core? Is the "undercut geometry" really a game changer and worth the wait? Or is it fairly comparable to the Ops-Core?
View Quote
I really like the flux but I wouldn't call it a game changer.  The flux fits my head well without the need for a dial band.  It has a secure fit without the chinstrap buckled, which I cannot get with any ops core helmets.  

All that considered, the flux is not light years ahead of ops core so I wouldn't wait 9+ months to get one if you can get an ops core now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i added a white/IR task light and a surefire white/red nav light that i had in my parts bin.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358471/DSCN2094-181576.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358471/DSCN2095-181577.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358471/DSCN2096-181578.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358471/DSCN2097-181579.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358471/DSCN2098-181580.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358471/DSCN2099-181581.jpg
View Quote
Man that bitch looks good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone replaced the stock pads with the 4d deluxe pads? If so, is it worth it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#11]
The stock pads work fine for me in the flux.  I have 4D pads in my ops-core.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We are down to these select MTEK's left in stock

MTEK FLUX Carbon-S Tactical Carbon Fiber Solid Helmet, Black, Size1 (Medium / Large)               (1)

MTEK FLUX Carbon-S Tactical Carbon Fiber Solid Helmet, Coyote, Size2 (Large / XL)                        (1)

MTEK FLUX Carbon-S Tactical Carbon Fiber Solid Helmet, Multicam, Size1 (Medium / Large)      (1)

MTEK FLUX Carbon-S Tactical Carbon Fiber Solid Helmet, Olive Drab, Size1 (Medium / Large)    (1)

MTEK FLUX Carbon-V Tactical Carbon Fiber Vented Helmet, Coyote, Size1 (Medium / Large)     (1)

MTEK FLUX Ballistic Helmet, Black, Size1 (Medium / Large)                                                                         (1)

MTEK FLUX Ballistic Helmet, Coyote, Size1 (Medium / Large)                                                                     (3)

MTEK FLUX Ballistic Helmet, Multicam Black, Size2 (Large / XL)                                                                 (1)

MTEK FLUX Ballistic Helmet, Olive Drab, Size1 (Medium / Large)                                                              (1)

View Quote
I should've ordered from you rather than direct. I remember seeing them pop up on your website around the time I ordered direct. Mine could ship out tomorrow I guess, I have no idea the status. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Same here. I never imagined that it'd take LONGER to get it from the manufacturer than a reseller.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#15]
That Ballistic model size 2 in multicam black has my name all over it!
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
This sucks, they keep getting everything but the size 2 green ballistic...  

I've only been waiting a few months though, I know some of you guys waited a lot longer than that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Sitting at 8.5 months now....  Bought an OPSCORE 6 months ago.  Glad I did!.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Tnvc is awesome. Supposed to ship Tuesday! Pics to follow...
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally got my MTEK. It's awesome! So light and comfortable!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Finally got my MTEK. It's awesome! So light and comfortable!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66100/IMG-5640-201431.JPG
View Quote
What day did you order and through what method?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#22]
They really are impressive helmets.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#23]
@TNVC any update on time frame for those currently waiting? Every time I call in, I'm told you are waiting to hear back from MTEK but your expecting an order later that week. Also, you do currently have any ballistic ones in size 2 in stock?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@TNVC any update on time frame for those currently waiting? Every time I call in, I'm told you are waiting to hear back from MTEK but your expecting an order later that week. Also, you do currently have any ballistic ones in size 2 in stock?
View Quote
I've been waiting for a green ballistic size 2 since January.  Sucks, but it's not like anyone else has them in stock right now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've been waiting for a green ballistic size 2 since January.  Sucks, but it's not like anyone else has them in stock right now.
View Quote
OUCH!
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#26]
@TNVC

Any update or idea when you're going to get more of these?

I'm still patiently waiting on a green size 2 ballistic.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@TNVC

Any update or idea when you're going to get more of these?

I'm still patiently waiting on a green size 2 ballistic.
View Quote

@HRoark Life and Liberty Gear out of CO has a size 2 green one in stock for the same price. I ended up getting my multicam ballistic through them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top