Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/28/2016 1:02:38 PM EDT
Spanish Military ENOSA optics..I am looking for info about the Model VNP-009 Night Vision scope.
I have a copy of the Spanish manual and was able to translate some basics.

Enosa VNP-009 Night Vision scope specifications (translated):

Power - 3.5x
Field of View - 10°
Exit pupil diameter - 8mm
Eye relief - 25mm
Focus - 20m to infinite
Batteries - 3V (4x AA) 2 batteries per side, 2 for tube & 2 for reticle
Weight - 1.5kg

VNP-009 Part Number: EN-222109-1
VNP-009 NOC/NSN: 5855-33-105-0800

I spent quite a bit of time searching the web for any details regarding the performance of this unit and came up with very little.
It does have a gain control for the tube and a separate control for the reticle.
Some info indicates these were made in the 1980's.

Does anyone have experience with these night vision units?

Thanks for any help with learning about these.

Richard
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]

It looks very much like a standard format PVS-4 cat lens on a different back end - possibly modified for an 18mm Gen2 tube - Very interesting - Thanks for sharing -

David

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Came across this, it's in Spanish but the relevant information is that in 1990 Spain thought about sending troops to Iraq and began amassing equipment. That equipment built up and was filtered out to the Spanish troops who were issued this NVD at the same time as the cetme-lv due to the stanag specific mount. It goes on to say that the NVD is 4x magnification with an 18mm second gen tube inspired by the US pvs4.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=798085090255711&id=454236807973876
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one. I will take it apart and let you know what is inside.
Please send a nice one

Dave Panek

I am guessing Mullard tube, 18mm gen 2 with fiber input window.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I didnt put a note on my order
Here is some info on the model F day scope from another board:

http://www.subguns.com/boards/semimsg.cgi?read=262504
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I appreciate the info

View Quote

No problem.

I'll probably be buying one of these. Going to stick it atop a Steyr AUG Special Receiver with an integral channel STANAG rail. Will put up some pics when it comes in.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Today as I was handling some of the ENOSA scope sets I noticed some small variations.

Some of the VNP-009 are marked VNP-009EE

That one had the bar code tag with the NOC/NSN of 5855-33-103-1265

I also spotted one that doesn't have the "+" and "-" cast into the battery housings.

I also found a Model "F" optic tagged NOC/NSN of 1240-33-161-6720

Richard
View Quote

Just curious -

Have you checked the mounting holes in the cat lens, to see if they are the same pattern as the PVS-4 holes?

Thanks

David.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep the post on SubGuns clued me in on these.

Looks like a cool set up for $400.

So i placed a order yesterday.

Every thing I've ever ordered from APEX has exceeded my expectations so far hope this does also.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Today as I was handling some of the ENOSA scope sets I noticed some small variations.

Some of the VNP-009 are marked VNP-009EE

That one had the bar code tag with the NOC/NSN of 5855-33-103-1265

I also spotted one that doesn't have the "+" and "-" cast into the battery housings.

I also found a Model "F" optic tagged NOC/NSN of 1240-33-161-6720

Richard
View Quote

Another question....

Does anyone have any idea what the difference is with a VNP-009 and the VNP-009EE?

They each have a different NSN/NOC.

To the amateur observer (ME) the image thru the tubes look different when on.

Especially with the lense cover on and the gain turned up.  

Richard

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, that thread on SubGuns may explain why we will have to ship a lot of these starting on Tuesday!
Thanks for that link...

Here is what the one member posted.  
I have no way to confirm the info, but the members specifically asked this gent about ENOSA optics....

The ENOSA mod. F scope was developed specifically for the CETME LV (model L, V=Visor which is Espanol for 'scope'). The CETME LV was intended as a "marksman" model to be used as what we, in the U.S., call a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle).

Good thread!  I know a lot more now about ENOSA and the VNP-009 than I did a few days ago.

Richard

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that thread on SubGuns may explain why we will have to ship a lot of these starting on Tuesday!
Thanks for that link...

Here is what the one member posted.  
I have no way to confirm the info, but the members specifically asked this gent about ENOSA optics....

The ENOSA mod. F scope was developed specifically for the CETME LV (model L, V=Visor which is Espanol for 'scope'). The CETME LV was intended as a "marksman" model to be used as what we, in the U.S., call a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle).

Good thread!  I know a lot more now about ENOSA and the VNP-009 than I did a few days ago.

Richard

I've been reading the guy that posted that thread posts since 2000.  He has quite simply, the most in-depth and varied understanding of optics especially, and military arms in general, that I have ever seen.  I would bet my next two paychecks that everything he said is 100% correct.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Well this is whats inside. Roughly equivalent to PVS-4 tube.
Front lens is the same as PVS-4. The reticle is the same.
There are 2 battery housings that are connected in parallel so either one can be used

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for posting pics.  I did some Google searching and that is a Gen 2 tube - the Mullard (licensed from Philips) xx1500.  Is the scope functional?
I was able to find some tube specs, not sure if this is the exact model:
XX1500TVMC specs:
Minimum Sensitivity: 240 micA/lm (white light), 15 mA/W @ 800nm, 10 mA/W @ 850nm.
Center resolution 30lp/mm, Peripheral resolution 25 lp/mm, MTF 90% @ 2,5lp/mm, 60% @ 7,5lp/mm, 30% @ 16lp/mm
Distortion max. 6%, EBI 0.2 miclx, Phosphor type P20
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well this is whats inside. Roughly equivalent to PVS-4 tube.

Front lens is the same as PVS-4. The reticle is the same.

There are 2 battery housings that are connected in parallel so either one can be used

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/falcom5000/Enosa/IMG_0782.jpg

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/falcom5000/Enosa/IMG_0781.jpg

View Quote

Nice pictures!

Does the tube say "Made in Great Britian" ?

Is that a VNP-009 or a VNP-009EE?

Richard

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#19]
It is a VNP-009. The tube says t says "Made in Great Britain". It is Phillips Mullard XX1500 tube.

It is in great working condition with no spots. I will take some video through it tonight.

The front lens assembly will fit a PVS-4. Only difference is the STANAG mount. The ocular comes apart like a PVS-4 except there are no lock rings, it may be glued in. I didnt go that far.

The  infinity focus adjustment is the same as the PVS-4. The eyecup is not shuttered. the screws for the front lens may be metric.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered one of these sets for my LV parts kit, so it's nice to hear that the NV is working. $400 for the equivalent of a Fero Z-24 and a Z-51 is one of the better optics deals I've seen in the past few years.

I vaguely recall that I read somewhere online that the LV guns didn't see much use, and spent their service lives collecting dust in armories - some sort of doctrinal issue with the Spanish army not having a developed DMR program, or being replaced by the G36 too quickly? So it's not a big surprise these scopes have some wear, but are in otherwise excellent condition. You can see some evidence of this with all the pictures of LVs that aren't wearing scopes at all.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I've read that the later Cetme rifles had some serious QC issues due to cost-cutting, so that may be e reason there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Video taken through ENOSA scope[

Better quality video here

[youtube]https://youtu.be/kwmXjNtMhRM[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/gQCPmeYw6Qw
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Ordered a set! Please pick me out a good one too! :)

Since this seems to essentially be a "product improved" AN/PVS-4, can you replace the reticle with different ones like you can with a US AN/PVS-4? If so, does it use the same drop in part as the American scope?

I'd like to thank everyone who's been adding information to this thread, I really appreciate it... And thanks to APEX for making these available to us.

Will
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Video taken through ENOSA scope[

https://youtu.be/gQCPmeYw6Qw
View Quote

Terrific video, thank you. Now I'm really glad I ordered... you can't get good Gen2 NV for $400, let alone a mil-spec daytime optic to go with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I just ordered one last night, hopefully its a good one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#26]
since it comes with a stanag mount, what options are there to mount those scopes to a Picatinny rail
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#27]
ARMS #7 mount should do it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I told my wife that this is what I want for Father's Day, so if an order comes through I told her to put my screen name in a comment box to hopefully help get one that does work...so if you could please keep your eye out for this one I would be in your debt.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Had anyone gotten one that doesn't work yet?

I wanna pull the trigger on this but that's a serious chunk of change for my bank account with the risk one wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Well my wife went ahead and ordered the set for my FD gift...hopefully it won't get any lemons as we can't afford to take that much of a loss.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Yea that's my problem...
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#32]
...aaaaand they are sold out.  My wife said that her order went through, hopefully she made the cutoff.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#33]
If she got her order in before 4:24 PM Central time you should be fine. That's when I bought the last one. Actually, if the order went through at all you should be fine because the system won't allow you to put anything 'out of stock' in your basket.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#34]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I wanna pull the trigger on this but that's a serious chunk of change for my bank account with the risk one wouldn't work.
View Quote

Yes, I got mine in earlier today.  The night scope is DOA with no sign of life.  It's a compact and lightweight military beauty, though.  Always wanted some real night vision and figured this might be my chance.  I expect my odds were still a lot better than throwing money at the lottery, lol.   The day scope is a little beat up but seems serviceable, at least, so I guess it's not a total loss.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Still waiting on mine.  Tracking number was jacked up... looks like one from a couple of weeks ago got "re-used" or something.  Some UPS screens say it was "delivered" a week before I ordered while other screens show it arriving this Thursday.

Contingency planning....   if I get a VNP-009 that is DOA, does anyone know if there's any chance of restoring it?  Is it possible to find a replacement XX1500?  If not, is there another tube that would be compatible?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Yep that's her, and awesome to hear that it will be going out soon.  Thank you for recognizing it!!

Quoted:

If your order has your wife's name on it (Bonnie) then your scope set is setting by the packing area and should ship Wednesday.

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...aaaaand they are sold out.  My wife said that her order went through, hopefully she made the cutoff.

If your order has your wife's name on it (Bonnie) then your scope set is setting by the packing area and should ship Wednesday.

Richard

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Aren't these one of the easier units to work on, and do you think it's possible to get it working?  I'm sure you could recoup some of your costs by selling it for parts to another member...

Quoted:

Yes, I got mine in earlier today.  The night scope is DOA with no sign of life.  It's a compact and lightweight military beauty, though.  Always wanted some real night vision and figured this might be my chance.  I expect my odds were still a lot better than throwing money at the lottery, lol.   The day scope is a little beat up but seems serviceable, at least, so I guess it's not a total loss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Uh Oh my friends and I placed an order for seven of these today so looks like we might get the bottom of the barrel with slim pickings!   Richard - I hope the last ones you have are in working order  Thanks APEX for all the info posted on this item!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:06:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Was this the only batch of these coming?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:43:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I'm very knowledgeable about NV per se, but you might take a multimeter and check connectivity between the battery terminals and the intensifier tube.
Failing an easy solution, selling the Enosa model F would recoup a significant chunk of funds toward a replacement tube.  Since it uses an 18mm tube, it may even be possible to install a gen 3 tube.
I expect that with this batch coming on the market there will be some repair info soon as well.  They seem to be similar enough to the PVS-4 that most info for that scope will apply.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#42]
The tube used in the ENOSA night scope is special type no longer made. Its 18mm only refers to the input diameter and no other modern types will fit.
Even if it did the ENOSA uses a fiber input window so if you could cobble together a 18mm tube to fit , it wouldn't focus.

Its kind of like trying to put ANVIS or PVS-7  tube in a PVS-4.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The tube used in the ENOSA night scope is special type no longer made. Its 18mm only refers to the input diameter and no other modern types will fit.
Even if it did the ENOSA uses a fiber input window so if you could cobble together a 18mm tube to fit , it wouldn't focus.

View Quote

Yup, if the tube is dead finding a replacement is going to be real hard.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Aren't these one of the easier units to work on, and do you think it's possible to get it working?  I'm sure you could recoup some of your costs by selling it for parts to another member...

View Quote

Yes, I'm looking at downloaded service manuals for similar US equipment and trying to determine my possible repair options.  I knew the risks of this order upfront, so I'll do what I can and if necessary just take my losses, lol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#45]
It would be unfortunate if the NV didn't work, but I still think the daylight scope is going to be worth the money if you're going to do a proper LV build.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes, I'm looking at downloaded service manuals for similar US equipment and trying to determine my possible repair options.  I knew the risks of this order upfront, so I'll do what I can and if necessary just take my losses, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check and clean all contacts first, it might be that simple. Check continuity. If it's possible try to pull the tube and light it up with 3v. If it's the tube I don't think anything else will fit other than a XX1500
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I will let the members know how the 7 scopes work out we ordered.   My friends and I ordered this based up the feedback we saw then came the DOA comments by another member.  Looks like we got the last of this batch so not having too much confidence in them working  Hopefully APEX will come through on the 7 we purchased.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:38:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The original post at subguns states that:  "IIRC, the tube is an MX-10160 type which means that it may possibly be upgradable using U.S. made Gen2 and even Gen3 intensifer tubes."
I haven't been able to verify this, however, the mx10160 is common.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:33:57 AM EDT
[#49]
If anyone wants to sell their doa nv scope I'm a buyer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The original post at subguns states that:  "IIRC, the tube is an MX-10160 type which means that it may possibly be upgradable using U.S. made Gen2 and even Gen3 intensifer tubes."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original post on subguns is absolutely bullshit (typical for SG) unless there are more than one type of scope (I think Rich mentioned there might be more than one model). Whoever actually posted pics here clearly IDed the tube as a XX1500 (no longer made gen2 tube).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top