Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2016 7:01:54 PM EDT
I must have used a slightly elongated AA battery in my PVS-14 and now the battery contact that sits at the bottom of the tube got pushed in.

I removed the battery housing from the tube housing and (carefully) separated the wires. Now how do I get to the contact? Any help appreciated and if this is confusing I can try to take some photos later.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Explain it better as I am not getting your question ? The contacts can be easily pried out with proper tools. Not getting what you are asking ??
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Explain it better as I am not getting your question ? The contacts can be easily pried out with proper tools. Not getting what you are asking ??
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not so sure myself. I have several -14's and the bronze colored contact in the bottom of the single AA bat tube is pushed in a bit. Not as if the entire metal piece is crushed, more like it's been detached and pushed into the body so that it doesn't make good contact. I'm trying to snap it back into place but having trouble getting to the guts or understanding how to snap it back. Dental pick?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone? Is this an end-user fix or do I need to send it in?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
im not even sure i know what you are talking about

I have a single AA housing and my battery contact is just a flat spot in the bottom of the tube. spring in the cap.
In my housing theres no way for it to be pushed or flattened since its already flat and at the bottom of the tube.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If understand you correctly, you pushed the battery through the positive side at the contact area. So unless you can find a lady who can suck start a Harley, you may have to buy another one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You've broken into the sealed unit so at a minimum it will need to purged with Dry Nitrogen. We offer this service at Night Goggles and TNVC but there are other folks out there who are able to provide this service.

You do not have to do it, however its the right thing to do considering NV is not exactly a throw away item and most folks want their tubes to last as long as possible.
View Quote

Aha, what's purging normally cost?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Screwing around inside the.battery tube won't cause a loss of purge. A dental pick is what I would use to try a fix. Worst case you need a new battery housing shell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top