Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 11:56:53 PM EDT
So I was just messing with my NGI pvs 14 and noticed a new spec and a fiber that appeared on the inside if the unit which seems to be on the back of the intensifier tube in the FOV. When shinning a flashlight into the eyepiece, I can also see the fiber when it's not powered on. I suppose the most would just remove the eyepiece lens assembly and remove said issues? Also does anyone know if I will void warranty if I do so? I believe it broke a the fiber/debris loose when I snapped the demist shield on. That f***er took some force to snap into place.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Shouldve been assembled in a debris free environment.

If it has warranty i would let manufacturer tackle it on thier dime
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
make sure you clean your lens too.

Ive had what I thought were spots in my tube that suddenly appear.
ended up being tiny grains of unburnt powder on the lens from shooting one night
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sometimes there are particles from the housing that come lose over time. It is usually just how the moldings turn out. If you would like to get an RMA and send it back I'll do a quick once over and have it back in working order for you. Please feel free to contact us and we will get you squared away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I was just messing with my NGI pvs 14 and noticed a new spec and a fiber that appeared on the inside if the unit which seems to be on the back of the intensifier tube in the FOV. When shinning a flashlight into the eyepiece, I can also see the fiber when it's not powered on. I suppose the most would just remove the eyepiece lens assembly and remove said issues? Also does anyone know if I will void warranty if I do so? I believe it broke a the fiber/debris loose when I snapped the demist shield on. That f***er took some force to snap into place.

Sometimes there are particles from the housing that come lose over time. It is usually just how the moldings turn out. If you would like to get an RMA and send it back I'll do a quick once over and have it back in working order for you. Please feel free to contact us and we will get you squared away.

Shortly after I posted this I decided to take it apart, clean it, and re-purge it. The offending particles/fiber were on the back of the intensifier tube.  No big deal. I know I likely voided the warranty, but no worries. If the tube ever fails on me or whatever which I don't see happening,  it'll just give me an excuse to pick up one of the fancy filmless tubes TNVC occasionally gets their hands on. Thanks anyway though for the offer to send it back. I love taking things apart and tinkering,  so I couldn't help myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top