Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2016 11:52:26 PM EDT
BE Meyers is unveiling their new MAWL-DA carbine aiming laser/illum device at SOFIC.

I'm not sure if it is a Class I unit, but it sure looks cool: http://www.bemeyers-mawl.us/index.html

Anyone have any more info?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks awesome.

I'd like to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welp... assuming theres a class 1 version, there's the next huge purchase I'll have to hide from my wife.  And I just finally broke down and upgraded my I2 to an A3.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pretty decent run down on SSD this morning:
http://soldiersystems.net/2016/05/12/mawl/

It also as the magic words
I really hope this is better thought out than Wilcox's Civilian Variant. It needs the hi/lo and adjustability features of the Steiner units and a usable illuminator.

Maybe by the time it exists I'll have the money to finally upgrade from my Vital
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Civilian models are also planned for the future.  

I really hope this is better thought out than Wilcox's Civilian Variant. It needs the hi/lo and adjustability features of the Steiner units and a usable illuminator.

Maybe by the time it exists I'll have the money to finally upgrade from my Vital

VITAL is a nice unit, if you're not a southpaw!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally, MAWL-DA is ambidextrous. Due to the modular design, the body can be reversed with the activation buttons right where you need them, at the top of the rail. It even knows if it is configured for right or left hand use, keeping the “A” button to the rear.
View Quote

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I spoke to Matt Meyers just a few Minutes ago, this thing looks extremely impressive, and there are future plans to release a class 1 civilian legal laser version in the works.

The quote I remember
"When we demo it we show LA-5's and PEQ-15's first to show folks how much better this laser is"
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#11]
that thing is sweet!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]
looks sexy.

im in for one. my only complaint with my Atpial-c is the "fire" button is on top and I have small hands forcing me to use a tape switch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#17]
That pressure switch thing looks like that thing you and Unity made.  Coincidence?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks good. Much better UI and more ergo package. Not really seeing to many negatives.
View Quote

Have you seen the price?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#23]
The MAWL is like nothing else on the market or that has been on the market to include the Atilla. MAWL is a modular laser that is very user friendly to switch between the power settings, activate it, and, go from vis laser to ir. While yes we have been talking about a civilian version the current production models are limited to LE/Mil sales due to the current power settings they are shipping with.

The switch in the photo is a surefire SR07-D-IT to be able to activate the laser and the light.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The MAWL is like nothing else on the market or that has been on the market to include the Atilla. MAWL is a modular laser that is very user friendly to switch between the poser settings, activate it, and, go from vis laser to ir. While yes we have been talking about a civilian version the current production models are limited to LE/Mil sales due to the current power settings they are shipping with.

The switch in the photo is a surefire SR07-D-IT to be able to activate the laser and the light.
View Quote

Hopefully, the higher the settings the cooler my gear gets!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Since someone from BE Meyers is here I'll give you my thoughts on a civilian version, which I'm sure will echo many of the others here.

1. If LDI/Steiner and Insight have shown anything it's there is a HUGE civilian market for IR lasers.

2. A civilian variant will significantly reduce the demand for black/grey market units, which your company is HUGE on combating.

3. Don't just glue the power level and beam adjustment switch to "low" (like the ATPIAL-C", make the power fully adjustable from the minimum to maximum allowed by law. Make the unit with the full functionality of the standard unit even though the power output levels will need to be lowered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The MAWL is like nothing else on the market or that has been on the market to include the Atilla. MAWL is a modular laser that is very user friendly to switch between the power settings, activate it, and, go from vis laser to ir. While yes we have been talking about a civilian version the current production models are limited to LE/Mil sales due to the current power settings they are shipping with.

Since someone from BE Meyers is here I'll give you my thoughts on a civilian version, which I'm sure will echo many of the others here.

1. If LDI/Steiner and Insight have shown anything it's there is a HUGE civilian market for IR lasers.

2. A civilian variant will significantly reduce the demand for black/grey market units, which your company is HUGE on combating.

3. Don't just glue the power level and beam adjustment switch to "low" (like the ATPIAL-C", make the power fully adjustable from the minimum to maximum allowed by law. Make the unit with the full functionality of the standard unit even though the power output levels will need to be lowered.

Hopefully the "modular" part means you just need to focus on a replacement Class 1 "head" while leaving the rest of the unit as-is.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#28]
This, the DBAL-A4, and TAPs are on my short list.

Just waiting for them to hit the street.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That pressure switch thing looks like that thing you and Unity made.  Coincidence?
View Quote

I saw that and thought the same.

But then reality stuck and I realized this will be out far before taps ever makes it out of r&d.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But then reality stuck and I realized this will be out far before taps ever makes it out of r&d.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

PS:  The first thought I had when I saw it was a Sci-Fi space ship.  I confirmed with the designer exactly which ship inspired the external design haha.
View Quote

My guess: USS Sulaco. Nuke 'em from orbit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PS:  The first thought I had when I saw it was a Sci-Fi space ship.  I confirmed with the designer exactly which ship inspired the external design haha.

it's the only way to be sure

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#35]
If they had this as a civilian offering id put the cash out right now, that device is beautiful.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, yes, and finally yes. This is the first unit ive seen that just does it. Compact, ergonomic, its just.........right.

This thing could blow up in the civilian market if its priced right, but id probably pay more for it than current offerings without batting an eye.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:53:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Common guess, but the main designer is a younger feller.  UNSC Pillar of Autumn, Halcyon-class light cruiser

https://youtu.be/e6JK3fhYE1w
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's the only way to be sure

Common guess, but the main designer is a younger feller.  UNSC Pillar of Autumn, Halcyon-class light cruiser

https://youtu.be/e6JK3fhYE1w

That makes me an old feller... LOL.

Anyway, hope we get some more details/photos as SOFIC gets underway.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Civilian models are also planned for the future.  

Cool, I like it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Come on! Give us a ballpark price!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Come on! Give us a ballpark price!
View Quote

$8787.87

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Naw, only for the ones who are the wize guys....FYI, units are going out to select testers so things are progressing quite nicely.

A few of our crew who are attending SOFIC next week are really looking forward to seeing the MAWL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for pushing it back further for us.

Naw, only for the ones who are the wize guys....FYI, units are going out to select testers so things are progressing quite nicely.

A few of our crew who are attending SOFIC next week are really looking forward to seeing the MAWL.

Seriously though, can't wait to get my hands on it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It's kinda ironic that during development and testing for a year they'd bring it by my office for testing with various guns and accessories and I couldn't take a picture, but now that it's finally gone public, the crushing demand to get hands on for these has resulted in bingo MAWLs being available even for a cell phone snap LOL

SOFIC's just 5 days away.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get my paws on afterwards.

View Quote

Roy,

You can live vicariously through me until you get your hands on it.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:15:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:15:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah... you knew he was talking to you lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously though, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yeah... you knew he was talking to you lol.

I bugged TroyInd for 2+ yrs about the Troy BattleRail for the MP5, I figure a few months of bugging for TALS won't hurt TNVC.  And when TNVC drops it, it will probably be PERFECT.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top