Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 3:27:28 PM EDT
I have been too suborn (cheap) to upgrade to a dual tube system and finally broke down a while back and purchased this: NV Depot Dual PVS14 Adapter for $149. The relatively low cost and taking a nasty fall into a ditch back during the winter while stalking some critters with just one 14 pushed me to purchase it. I have always liked having one 14 at the eye and one unit mounted on my rifle and I have always liked the ability to take longer shots than what you can with a unit helmet mounted. My impressions so far are that it is simple to adjust, good fit to my rhino II mount and comfortable on my TW helmet. Driving and walking are improved 110% for me. I was worried about the weight of the unit running two Ab Night Vision NVM2AA units, but its not bad at all. I am using two strap weights and 2 45 mags and its balanced well and for the 4 hours I have worn this setup. I had no fatigue what so ever.

I made a quick trip out to a local nursery where the pigs have eaten close to 100K white oak seedlings. Two of the pigs (one of which is my largest pig kill to date) were standing still, the third and smallest was a running shot and the dual setup made it as simple as I have ever been able to pull off. I am now completely in love with the dual tube setup. And I am also completely in love with my little 10.5" 300BLK (its taken white tail deer, black bear and now pigs). Over the next few weeks I plan on giving this dual mount and setup a good workout.

and obligatory photos:

Big Daddy:

So why are folks not using or talking about this mount?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice cutters on the large hog, I hope you get some tasty infidelicious sausage out of it.

I have some experience running a dual -14 setup, and I have some theorys as to why it is not as popular as you might think.
View Quote

Thanks Sam, what are your theorys? Duals are new to me so what are the down sides that I am missing?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks Sam, what are your theorys? Duals are new to me so what are the down sides that I am missing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice cutters on the large hog, I hope you get some tasty infidelicious sausage out of it.

I have some experience running a dual -14 setup, and I have some theorys as to why it is not as popular as you might think.

In my case, I like to have that off eye that keeps it's natural night vision and wide field of view.  It has saved my ass a time or two from getting run over by angry pigs.

Same reason why I don't wear ear protection which has also played a big part in avoiding run overs and surprise pig in the butt syndrome.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In my case, I like to have that off eye that keeps it's natural night vision and wide field of view.  It has saved my ass a time or two from getting run over by angry pigs.
Same reason why I don't wear ear protection which has also played a big part in avoiding run overs and surprise pig in the butt syndrome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping you would chime in. I guess thats the one thing I knew I was giving up, but important not to forget about the unseen pig up the butt lol. I am with you on no ear protection for the same reason.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Very freakin' nice duder!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the same mount with my matched tube pvs14s.  It works for me.  I like it because I can remove one pvs14 anytime without tools, and hand it off to someone else if needed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Electric earpro??
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Electric earpro??
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Electric earpro??

Suppressors.  :D
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Electronic hearing?

ETA: saw the can update
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Electric earpro??

BINGO, always run a suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I recognized this setup from Facebook. Nice hogs!

I am in the process of setting up another pitbull to start running a dual set up. The long term plan is to move the tubes to a Sentinel housing.

How is the NV Depot dual adapter holding up? Is it pretty solid? Have you put it through any abuse yet?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am in the process of setting up another pitbull to start running a dual set up. The long term plan is to move the tubes to a Sentinel housing.

How is the NV Depot dual adapter holding up? Is it pretty solid? Have you put it through any abuse yet?
View Quote

I have to say it is solid. I have only done a little hiking and 3 hunting trips so far, so no abuse. Its rigid and adjust easily. If you want some additional photos of it let me know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have to say it is sold. I have only done a little hiking and 3 hunting trips so far, so no abuse. Its rigid and adjust easily. If you want some additional photos of it let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to say it is sold. I have only done a little hiking and 3 hunting trips so far, so no abuse. Its rigid and adjust easily. If you want some additional photos of it let me know.

+1.  I grabbed one up last year and am very happy with it.  It is solid, light and easy to adjust.  I was utilizing the duals with a handheld thermal so I was flipping up the nods fairly often and it is holding up very well.  I did tape over the auto shutoff contact points on the 14's to keep things on constant, so the auto shutoff on the bridge mount functions well.  The biggest attraction to me was the wieght.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered that same NVD dual pvs 14 mount.  The say in the description it is interpupillary adjustable. How does that work? Also, are the arms metal, or plastic?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just ordered that same NVD dual pvs 14 mount.  The say in the description it is interpupillary adjustable. How does that work? Also, are the arms metal, or plastic?
View Quote

I just bought one and it is much more solid than I expected. The arms are metal. You are able to adjust the monoculars from side to side where they connect to the arm.

You can see the plates at the end of the arm. When you loosen the screw, you are able to shift them.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have to say it is solid. I have only done a little hiking and 3 hunting trips so far, so no abuse. Its rigid and adjust easily. If you want some additional photos of it let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My only complaint about the NVD bridge is that the horn style mount wobbles, but I managed to snug mine up using a strip of gorilla tape on the horn adapter before i snapped it in.

The dovetail style mounts are a huge improvement for wobbles, but they are not as fast to clip in on the fly, so I appreciate and understand the horn type mounts.

Also, the MOD-3 is a very difficult device to change around "on the fly". You will not be blindly removing a pod and snapping it into a monocular adapter in the dark without some practice, whereas a PVS-14 on the NVD adapter simply unscrews - pretty basic. I own 2 MOD-3's (I had 3) so I really do love the platform, but you just need to appreciate and understand the limitations. I still want to get my hands on a Sentinel to evaluate so I know how the MOD-3 stacks up against it.

What I really need is a job reviewing NV and thermal gear full time. lol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My only complaint about the NVD bridge is that the horn style mount wobbles, but I managed to snug mine up using a strip of gorilla tape on the horn adapter before i snapped it in.

The dovetail style mounts are a huge improvement for wobbles, but they are not as fast to clip in on the fly, so I appreciate and understand the horn type mounts.

Also, the MOD-3 is a very difficult device to change around "on the fly". You will not be blindly removing a pod and snapping it into a monocular adapter in the dark without some practice, whereas a PVS-14 on the NVD adapter simply unscrews - pretty basic. I own 2 MOD-3's (I had 3) so I really do love the platform, but you just need to appreciate and understand the limitations. I still want to get my hands on a Sentinel to evaluate so I know how the MOD-3 stacks up against it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surprisingly my NVD dual mount locks in really tight and has no wobble. I only went with that mount because I am not planning on this being a permanent setup. I would prefer to have the dovetail style mount because quite a few times I have accidentally disconnected my J Arm when trying to flip my monocular up. Luckily I have not dropped it yet.

I've decided that I want to go with the Sentinels when I save up the coin. I just don't see myself getting the mod 3 and actually breaking it down into monoculars. I'll probably keep a spare monocular as a backup/loaner just in case.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Price was the main factor for me. The mod 3 is about 600-700 cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#20]
My horn mount locks up tight on two different rhino II mounts. So far I haven't found the need for a dovetail mount for my uses.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Chris Adams (Adams Ind) was talking about a new housing coming out, but I cannot remember the specs or if it was a bino or mono. Maybe worth asking him about, hopefully it is another bino setup.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Really happy with them, I try not to intentionally abuse them, but shit happens in the dark and they've held up well so far.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just bought one and it is much more solid than I expected. The arms are metal. You are able to adjust the monoculars from side to side where they connect to the arm.

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_3567-20160526_2001581815638201_zpsgy2brard.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_3567-20160526_2001581815638201_zpsgy2brard.jpg</a>

You can see the plates at the end of the arm. When you loosen the screw, you are able to shift them.

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16523-274822-1-195330813_zps1umfphek.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16523-274822-1-195330813_zps1umfphek.jpg</a>
Awesome. Thanks for the pics. It will be here tomorrow. I can't wait!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_3567-20160526_2001581815638201_zpsgy2brard.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_3567-20160526_2001581815638201_zpsgy2brard.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16523-274822-1-195330813_zps1umfphek.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16523-274822-1-195330813_zps1umfphek.jpg</a>
Awesome. Thanks for the pics. It will be here tomorrow. I can't wait!

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I use the same mount with my matched tube pvs14s.  It works for me.  I like it because I can remove one pvs14 anytime without tools, and hand it off to someone else if needed.
View Quote

+1

Same setup, for the same reason.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:45:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I was able to get a few minutes tonight with the NVD dual mount. I've held two up to my eyes before, so I had an idea of what it would look like. However, getting two of them mounted up and being able to use your hands with stereoscopic night vision is awesome. for $150 this is an incredible deal. I am VERY happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice!

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Glad to see someone using the Velcro trick on the covers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/shifty6br/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160427_171432_zpsypdcmjgu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/shifty6br/Mobile%20Uploads/20160427_171432_zpsypdcmjgu.jpg</a>
Really happy with them, I try not to intentionally abuse them, but shit happens in the dark and they've held up well so far.  

Glad to see someone using the Velcro trick on the covers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top