Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 5:52:45 PM EDT
Question for you lefties out there using the Ops-Core fast base jump helmet.

When I pull my rifle up for shooting the latch for the chin strap keeps me from getting proper/ comfortable cheek weld. Due to this most of the time I don't use the strap and tuck it up and out of the way. This works but I would like to be able use the chin strap more often than I do.
I'm now stepping up to dual tubes and the strap will be more important than ever.

Soooo What do you lefties do?

Thanks in advance
Fulautotank

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
im a lefty but I have the team wendy

the answer to your question is an IR laser to aim with.
It just to awkward to try and bend down to the rifle, then line your sights up, and actually shoot.

by the time you do all that your target will be gone unless you are shooting paper.

sucks to have to spend more money but you will wonder wtf you were trying to do once you put a laser on your rifle
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
im a lefty but I have the team wendy

the answer to your question is an IR laser to aim with.
It just to awkward to try and bend down to the rifle, then line your sights up, and actually shoot.

by the time you do all that your target will be gone unless you are shooting paper.

sucks to have to spend more money but you will wonder wtf you were trying to do once you put a laser on your rifle
View Quote

Where im hunting it is heavily wooded most shots are made with thermal sight as very often I cannot see what I'm shooting with NV. Using my NV for navigation mostly.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where im hunting it is heavily wooded most shots are made with thermal sight as very often I cannot see what I'm shooting with NV. Using my NV for navigation mostly.
View Quote

This is where I would love to have a handheld thermal like the FLIR Scout. Scan with thermal, ID target, drop the thermal, pull down NVG and activate the IR laser.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy the LED version of the Ops-core helmet?,. or LED strap set.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
This....I was in the same situation as you on my endeavors, I ordered one up under replacement parts to whichever model shell you have on their website.  It is ta tas, I'd put an order in asap, not sure what their current availability  and shipping times are but I suffered a year before I received it in hand.  The ir laser is good in many ways  so you really never have to pull your wepon up, but since I've been playing with a clip on, the led strap is key.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This....I was in the same situation as you on my endeavors, I ordered one up under replacement parts to whichever model shell you have on their website.  It is ta tas, I'd put an order in asap, not sure what their current availability  and shipping times are but I suffered a year before I received it in hand.  The ir laser is good in many ways  so you really never have to pull your wepon up, but since I've been playing with a clip on, the led strap is key.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks guys, I'm going to take a look at that, sounds like what I need.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is where I would love to have a handheld thermal like the FLIR Scout. Scan with thermal, ID target, drop the thermal, pull down NVG and activate the IR laser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have thermal for spotting, thermal weapon sight also. If I relied on NV and laser to make my shots I would be SOL. There's so many times I can see the hogs with the thermals but I can not see them with the night vision. The brush is very thich and it is difficult enough to get a decent shot with thermal.
I have killed hundreds and hundreds of hogs and they've all been with thermal, I've never killed a pig with night vision and Laser although I have both.
I think there was a topic about this before, thermal is far superior to night vision when hunting. The exception is navigation. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm right handed but I've noticed the issue shooting on my weak side.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have killed hundreds and hundreds of hogs...
View Quote

quit bragging
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm just a lefty, trying to make it in a right man's world.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

quit bragging
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have killed hundreds and hundreds of hogs...

quit bragging

I'm addicted to hog hunting!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
when im shooting irons with no nods i have no issues with the latch, when i shoot at night with my IR i just shoulder the weapon and dont even bother with trying to bring it up and get a cheekweld.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Still under fifty on this forum, but the test went good so will give it another whirl, hopefully it will pop up in a few.

First ever selfie, the led occ dial strap, just set it and forget it.  With the dual tubes, messing around with the handheld thermal, flipping up to get on the clip on, my particular needs for night hunting, it really makes things more manageable without having to brace or readjust the shell every so...ymmv.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top