Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:33:14 PM EDT
Is there a way to rig a sacrificial lens under it for when you have it flipped up?  I've thought of getting an oversized BC cap and running that over the factory PVS14 sacrificial lens.  Would rather avoid shelling out for the Hoplite since baby needs a new pair of shoes and Daddy needs a couple Form 1s

On that topic do I really need the sacrificial lens in an urban or range environment versus being back in the desert with the dust and sand? Perhaps debris or when walking through wooded areas?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Im using one of these:
https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-protective-cover-for-objective-lens-anpvs-14/
along with a Diy butler creek refocus
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the wilcox sacrificial lense also, with a butler creek 09A eye. An LIF works just fine also. You need to get crafty with a littlw bit of electrical or gorilla tape applied to the inside of the butker creek cap to shim it fully snug.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I use LIF's behind all mine.  

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to integrate a cap into a USGI compass.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the screw in IR filter on mine, doesn't interfere with the butler creek cap at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top