Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2015 9:42:38 AM EDT
Does anyone have the Wilcox dual PVS-14 mount? I'm interested in it but would like to hear other people's reviews before dropping $1,000 for one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. Nice piece of gear if you ate set on running dual 14's. There is a ton of adjustment and they lock up solid. Noce to be able to rotate each goggle up individually and they lay very flat to the helmet when folded up as well. Just be aware this is a heavy deal but has benefits of course.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of counterweight are you running?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a full glock 19 mag and 6-8 123 batteries. Think next time I run 2 full mags.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Granted, it took several years of hinting for the Wilcox PVS-14 bridge to be released to the commercial market - but there have been "hints" of a newer, lightweight dual-PVS-14 bridge by Wilcox coming to market in the near future.  

Personally, if I were still running dual PVS-14s, I would wait for that, or if nothing else, get the cheapest bridge I could use in the interim, then drop the change on the lightweight Wilcox bridge.  

Their current bridge, though I've not handled one, looks, to borrow the phrase, "like a marvel of engineering," but according to the stated specs, it's also the heaviest PVS-14 bridge on the market.  

Not for nothing, dual PVS-14s are a pretty heavy setup to begin with, cutting weight where ever possible and as much as possible is, IMHO, a very worthwhile pursuit.  I used the N-Vision bridge for a while before getting MOD-3s, and I was very happy with it all things considered, even though it didn't have as many of the flashy features as other bridge mounts - it was far lighter.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have mine, but was primarily intending to set it up psv-14 and thermal (which requires flipping the mount on one side).  My car is in the body shop - and the tool to do that is in my back seat...

While it might not have been intentionally designed that way - by flipping one side of the wilcox mount, the IR Patrol and the PVS-14 should have nearly identical eye relief.

----

put it together and took it out for a few minutes last night.  One of my counterweights was in my car, so I was very front heavy.  2 pvs-14's and a bridge is not a light package.  The bridge is not all that heavy - but everything adds up.  Will be running to Academy and getting another package of duck decoy weights.  Maybe another 1lb or 2 behind my helmet will balance it out.  Honestly I don't see myself using the dual psv-14 rig much, but hope that the pvs-14/IR patrol rig will work well together (I have done it with the psv-14 mounted and the patrol used as a monocular and enjoyed it) - but that will be an even worse balanced package.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Heavy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm running the $180 NV Depot dual J-arm mount and have no issues

You have IP adjustments: the attachment screws have a track they slide in, I have no problems with it at all

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Pics for anyone interested....
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump to answer questions received in helmet thread.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard about Wilcox releasing a second bridge mount that was lighter.

This is the only reason I'm holding out on buying.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I stumbled upon this picture.  Is this some form of lighter weight Wilcox bridge mount?

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Tell me about this set up and give all the details please!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top