Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 7:44:03 PM EDT
As it says what do you have on back order, being built, on the way or what is some soon to release goods you are looking forward to?

~Ops-Core Fast Ballistic XP (Backorder - End of September)

~TNV/PVS-14 OMNI VIII (Being Built - End of Week)

~DBAL A3 (In-Route)

ETA: thanks for all the info and help with my first NV purchases from the members & TNVC
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Two SBR uppers, one a 6.8 SPC Ii, one 5.56, two 30 cal supressors, one 22 cal suppressor, two PVS 14's (shipped!,) two Norotos RHNO II dovetail mounts, one TW chin strap extension, five NFA tax stamps.

Predator hunting season.

JPK
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
TNV/Unity Tactical GoPro mount.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Waiting on 3 NFA suppressor stamps.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The lottery

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lottery

View Quote

all of our list would be longer now wouldn't it, fancy L-3 GPNVG-18's for everyone
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
all of our list would be longer now wouldn't it, fancy L-3 GPNVG-18's for everyone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The lottery

I have a dream to equip about 5-10 racing go carts with paintball guns that shoot IR colored paint balls, then equip 5-10 friends with GPNVGs, and race through the dark parts of the city shooting at each other. May the best man win

Dream Big

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
more money
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two SBR uppers, one a 6.8 SPC Ii, one 5.56, two 30 cal supressors, one 22 cal suppressor, two PVS 14's (shipped!,) two Norotos RHNO II dovetail mounts, one TW chin strap extension, five NFA tax stamps.

Predator hunting season.

JPK
View Quote

What systems did you go with?

Spikes08: count me in
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a dream to equip about 5-10 racing go carts with paintball guns that shoot IR colored paint balls, then equip 5-10 friends with GPNVGs, and race through the dark parts of the city shooting at each other. May the best man win  

Dream Big

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The lottery

Dream Big

Having a general idea of your AO, the highlighted phrase begs some questions.............  Would be cool as hell though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
NikolaFermi

Hmm, systems... not sure which items you are asking about so...

Suppressors are 2x Omegas, 30 cal ends with flash hiders for 6.8 and 5.56, 1x Spectre for rimfire . But I saw a really small and light Gemtech yesterday that would be perfect for a 22 pistol that I might have to add to the "waiting for" list. I am double checking to make sure my Walther P22 has the hidden threaded barrel. (Which I was just told about yesterday.)

10.5" 5.56 upper is being built by a local manufacturer, Engage Armament. This one could be built at any time, might already be built, but I need the stamp.

11.5" 6.8 SPC II Bison Armory BSP complete upper with a 9" SLR keymod hand guard. This one has shipped, but it won't do me any good until the stamp arrives.

2x PVS 14's with Pinnacle tubes by Night Vision Depot, Mil Grade HP+, via Ultimate Night Vision. Heard yesterday the tubes have 28.3 and 28.9 SNR. These shipped yesterday.

I have already received my TW and Nightcap, a Norotos shroud and dual dovetail adapter, and a Mod Armory/Integrated Components bridge, as well as a Patrol and a 35mm Hunter MKII. Plus the Wilcox weapon mount for the Patrol.

My son and I were fortunate in receiving the Patrol and the Hunter MKII just in time for a hog hunt. And we killed 14 in two nights of hunting. We both had a great time, but my son especially.

A big reason I am gearing up with NV and thermal is to add hunting opportunities for my 15yr old son, to keep him busy with sports and hobbies and on the straight and narrow.

JPK

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I got to scratch one off the waiting on list Tuesday.  Got a box from the UPS man that had two Armasight Zeus 640 3x 30hz scopes- one for me and one for hunting buddy.  Looking forward to this weekend.  

Still waiting on two stamps- one for a 6.8 SBR and one for a TBAC Ultra 7 Ti 30 cal can for same gun.  Oh, and two other stamps for a couple of 22 suppressors for hunting buddy's trust.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got to scratch one off the waiting on list Tuesday.  Got a box from the UPS man that had two Armasight Zeus 640 3x 30hz scopes- one for me and one for hunting buddy.  Looking forward to this weekend.  

Still waiting on two stamps- one for a 6.8 SBR and one for a TBAC Ultra 7 Ti 30 cal can for same gun.  Oh, and two other stamps for a couple of 22 suppressors for hunting buddy's trust.
View Quote

My son used A Zeus 640 3x 75mm on our hog hunt. Great scope!

I've been using our new Hunter MKII in 30hz, I don't see a need for a faster refresh rate, even on running hogs. 60hz does eat batteries quicker, while adding nothing I can notice.

JPK
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I was waiting on some things a couple weeks ago. Ordered the TNV/PVS 14 ITT Gen 3 PINNACLE. Got it in a week. Ordered an Ops Core FAST Bump helmet last Friday, got it last night. Ordered a Unimax IR laser a few days after ordering the PVS 14, got it a day before I got the PVS.

Currently waiting on two tax stamps. One Form 4 for my first rifle can and a Form 1 for my first SBR. Also waiting on more funds to get a DBAL of some sort or the ATPIAL C.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NikolaFermi

Hmm, systems... not sure which items you are asking about so...

Suppressors are 2x Omegas, 30 cal ends with flash hiders for 6.8 and 5.56, 1x Spectre for rimfire . But I saw a really small and light Gemtech yesterday that would be perfect for a 22 pistol that I might have to add to the "waiting for" list. I am double checking to make sure my Walther P22 has the hidden threaded barrel. (Which I was just told about yesterday.)

10.5" 5.56 upper is being built by a local manufacturer, Engage Armament. This one could be built at any time, might already be built, but I need the stamp.

11.5" 6.8 SPC II Bison Armory BSP complete upper with a 9" SLR keymod hand guard. This one has shipped, but it won't do me any good until the stamp arrives.

2x PVS 14's with Pinnacle tubes by Night Vision Depot, Mil Grade HP+, via Ultimate Night Vision. Heard yesterday the tubes have 28.3 and 28.9 SNR. These shipped yesterday.

I have already received my TW and Nightcap, a Norotos shroud and dual dovetail adapter, and a Mod Armory/Integrated Components bridge, as well as a Patrol and a 35mm Hunter MKII. Plus the Wilcox weapon mount for the Patrol.

My son and I were fortunate in receiving the Patrol and the Hunter MKII just in time for a hog hunt. And we killed 14 in two nights of hunting. We both had a great time, but my son especially.

A big reason I am gearing up with NV and thermal is to add hunting opportunities for my 15yr old son, to keep him busy with sports and hobbies and on the straight and narrow.

JPK

View Quote

I thought I had bolded the "PVS-14's" from your post but missed it. I really like my Omega (308 - 23" & 300BLK  - 11.5") do not think you will be disappointed either. I originally was going with the Pinnacle tube on mine but went with advice from TNVC On the L3 OMNI VIII tube and all though I have not planned it I would like the option to weapon mount onto my 300BLK  which would be a no go on the Pinnacle tube. +1 on keeping your son busy, speaking for myself growing up sports and the outdoors taught me about life, winning & losing (succeeding/adversity), honor, respect and being confident in one's self

eta: Thermal is in the future of plans and you peaked my curiosity with the 30hz vs 60hz observation. I believe I will try and view through both prior to a purchase; unlike the PVS-14 have never looked through any NV so anxious to see what it is all about. Expensive gamble on my end but we shall see soon enough maybe Monday my unit will be in
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was waiting on some things a couple weeks ago. Ordered the TNV/PVS 14 ITT Gen 3 PINNACLE. Got it in a week. Ordered an Ops Core FAST Bump helmet last Friday, got it last night. Ordered a Unimax IR laser a few days after ordering the PVS 14, got it a day before I got the PVS.

Currently waiting on two tax stamps. One Form 4 for my first rifle can and a Form 1 for my first SBR. Also waiting on more funds to get a DBAL of some sort or the ATPIAL C.
View Quote

I was stuck between the DBAL A3 vs ATPAIL-C, went with the DBAL due to more adjustment abilities. Rather have the options even if i turns out to just go with a set & forget layout.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I have heard nothing but good reports from those that own Omegas, and I'm looking forward to trying ours. Tyler from UNV uses a 300blk and an Omega and loves the combo.

The 11.5" BSP upper allows for subsonic 6.8 loads, and I'm looking forward to trying those out, especially with the Omega.

I also thought of going with L3 tubes to allow for weapon mounting, but finally decided that the heaviest weapon either PVS 14 will be mounted on is a 22lr, for shooting rats near the feed/seed shed at one of my hunting clubs.

I have had the opportunity to use a PVS 14, you will not be disappointed!

The IR Hunter MKII has the choice of setting the menu for 30hz or 60hz, so if you can get one of these to try you can check out the difference. IIRC, the Patrol also has the menu choice.

For practical use the 30hz has worked just fine. I think the only time when 60hz might be really useful is when using the thermal out the window of a driving vehicle, or from a moving utv.

In the Zeus line, 60hz units cost more than 30hz units. I definitely wouldn't pay more for 60hz after trying both refresh rates with the MKII.  

JPK
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was stuck between the DBAL A3 vs ATPAIL-C, went with the DBAL due to more adjustment abilities. Rather have the options even if i turns out to just go with a set & forget layout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kinda what a buddy of mine told me when I asked about the ATPAIL when it first came out.

On another note, in find myself wanting a helmet cover for my Ops Core. The vents in it make it look like a tacticool bike helmet. Not sure I like that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's kinda what a buddy of mine told me when I asked about the ATPAIL when it first came out.

On another note, in find myself wanting a helmet cover for my Ops Core. The vents in it make it look like a tacticool bike helmet. Not sure I like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a feeling the helmet alone will warrant thoughts of tacticool opinions from others.....that is why i have one on backorder as well
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, my Walther P22 does have a threaded barrel, so I am now waiting for the stamp for a Gemtech GM-22.

JPK
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#20]
the new FLIR 11 micron thermal detector...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top