Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/30/2015 7:14:10 AM EDT
NightGoggles, TNVC's sister company, has gone live this week with some new gear, will be looking forward to some reviews on new kits that I know little to nothing about, like the Pulsar thermals and digital NV stuff.....

Shameless copy and paste:

We are pleased to announce NightGoggles, Inc. (NGI); the sister entity to Tactical Night Vision Company (TNVC INC). NightGoggles is dedicated to bringing the unique first-hand knowledge, experience and service enjoyed for years by the professional tactical community, to the burgeoning hunting market. NightGoggles exists to outfit the consumer who wants the best night vision gear their budget can afford. Like you, our staff has a passion for hunting, be it hogs, predators, or even gators. We are prepared to answer all of your nighttime hunting questions and ensure you end up with a product that balances budget and performance.

Like our sister company TNVC, we realize that you are looking for a shopping experience tailored to your mission. We present you with a plethora of hand-picked night vision and thermal optics, as well as pertinent accessories. Recognizing that not every night vision end-user is looking for the most expensive military-issue devices, we supply field-proven gear at a budget-minded price. Our customers know that they are getting a solid product that will provide years of faithful service. We won’t sell something that we would not purchase ourselves for our own hunts.

NGI Customers will find a unique offering of products, exclusive to our website. These include some more-affordable variants of popular TNVC products as well as exclusive gear. You will find some familiar night vision systems with a twist: utilization of high quality Gen2 and Gen2+ image intensifier tubes. These solid tubes provide great clarity and target identification capability for a fraction of the Gen3 price. What’s more: many of these systems will be housed in the exact same bodies as their government-issue counterparts. If you are looking for MILSPEC quality at a consumer price: NGI is your huckleberry.

Thanks for checking out the launch of NightGoggles Inc. Make sure to stop back often as we will be continually adding new products to our exciting lineup. On behalf of our entire staff and myself: thank you for your continued support. Stay safe and happy hunting!

Victor Di Cosola

NightGoggles.com
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
$2175 for a gen2 pvs14?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, some of the prices are off - $250 for a lasermax uni ir? Hell, you can buy those direct from Lasermax on Amazon for $165, and they're eligible for Prime shipping.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep for a full up Photonis.... And $1950 for a Comspec PVS-14 Gen2...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$2175 for a gen2 pvs14?

I guess I'm surprised, since the site was touted up as being a budget solution.  The prices don't seem to reflect this, no offense.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So a solution for for a new Gen 2_ PVS-14 with a great tube, warranty is a budget solution in our eyes and in many other eyes who have looked at these units. This is a full up 14 and not an import unit that can be used with all the Mil Spec mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$2175 for a gen2 pvs14?

I guess I'm surprised, since the site was touted up as being a budget solution.  The prices don't seem to reflect this, no offense.

So a solution for for a new Gen 2_ PVS-14 with a great tube, warranty is a budget solution in our eyes and in many other eyes who have looked at these units. This is a full up 14 and not an import unit that can be used with all the Mil Spec mounts.

I guess we will agree to disagree.  Best of luck to you!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Do the gen2+ tubes include spec sheets?

I think the 2K price point is fair assuming the performance is on par with my Photonis Supergens. They are really great performing tubes, definitely worth saving $1200 versus the L3 omni VIII pvs14, at least for people that will use them casually, and for budget minded folks, the warranty will trump a $1750 Equipment exchange used/out of warranty device.

The sentinel seems like an affordable bino set also, but it would make sense to utilize the MOD-3 housing as it gives more options for budget minded consumers IMO.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a problem with the prices but i honestly expected a little higher spec tubes.  Resolution - 30, SNR - 12 doesn't seem like that great of a deal when you can snag a blem from tnvc for ~$600 more that would crush these.  Just my opinion.

Victor, any chance of clip ons with a photonis tube in the future?

Edit: Might have jumped to conclusions a little too quickly, the comspec tube is listed as 24:1 SNR.  Maybe that's a typo?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, some of the prices are off - $250 for a lasermax uni ir? Hell, you can buy those direct from Lasermax on Amazon for $165, and they're eligible for Prime shipping.
View Quote

I think you're confusing the red visible unit with the IR unit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#11]
My next acquisition for my KAC SBR is going to be a Steiner DBAL A3 Class 1 IR Laser!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he is not. Here is the UNI-Max IR direct from Lasermax via Amazon for $163.82, with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Lasermax-LMS-UNI-IR-LaserMax-UNI-Max-Class/dp/B005FSRDJI

JPK
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with the prices but i honestly expected a little higher spec tubes.  Resolution - 30, SNR - 12 doesn't seem like that great of a deal when you can snag a blem from tnvc for ~$600 more that would crush these.  Just my opinion.

Edit: Might have jumped to conclusions a little too quickly, the comspec tube is listed as 24:1 SNR.  Maybe that's a typo?
View Quote

It must be indeed a typo, the specs of the tubes on the site are all over. Some are thin filmed Gen2+ even
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, he is not. Here is the UNI-Max IR direct from Lasermax via Amazon for $163.82, with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Lasermax-LMS-UNI-IR-LaserMax-UNI-Max-Class/dp/B005FSRDJI

JPK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK

Correct. I have bought two of them from that amazon link, they are most certainly IR, and they work quite well. Bought the first one I have for $153.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

JPK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK

Right you are, sir. I was pricing out the complete rifle kits on Amazon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

^ What he said???
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The 30 lp/mm is the bare minimum, and thats just what it displays on the data sheet. Havent seen any near that area. You can typically expect anywhere between 51-68. Indeed that SNR was a typo. Actually, a formatting error if you will. Typical is roughly 18 but have seen higher
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The 30 lp/mm is the bare minimum, and thats just what it displays on the data sheet. Havent seen any near that area. You can typically expect anywhere between 51-68. Indeed that SNR was a typo. Actually, a formatting error if you will. Typical is roughly 18 but have seen higher

Thanks for the reply.  Those specs are more along the lines of what i anticipated at that price point. I would have gone this route if the option had been available when i built my 14 with a photonis tube.

Quoted:
Quoted:

^ What he said???

I know a couple people that would be interested in such a product.  I plan to purchase one for the upcoming hunting season but have only found a couple gen 2+ options like the armasight Co-x or adams industries legionnaire in my price range.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, we are bound by LaserMax's MAP pricing. We choose to adhere to it, although others are violating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, we are bound by LaserMax's MAP pricing. We choose to adhere to it, although others are violating.

Huh.

*Orders another one off of Amazon before the inevitable price increase *
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#25]
This is a good idea, LEO/Tactical needs don't always line up with night hunters needs.

I gotta say it though, the name is lame.  All I can think of is beer goggles and ugly women at night etc.  :D

Also, when is the PVS14 Go/Pro going to be ready darnit?!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember the previous thread mentioned Gen 2 export options would be available on launch, however just quickly flipping through the site I don't see any mention of that right now.

Is there any ETA on when I can give you guys monies?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is a good idea, LEO/Tactical needs don't always line up with night hunters needs.

I gotta say it though, the name is lame.  All I can think of is beer goggles and ugly women at night etc.  :D

View Quote

YES I NEED the go pro for my Sentinels Vic. I'm missing Sooooo much footage Imcould be getting.
At least let me help beta test one!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We were told by LaserMax that that is not from them direct, and whomever it is, is violating MAP. They just started their MAP program this year. We are choosing to adhere to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK

We were told by LaserMax that that is not from them direct, and whomever it is, is violating MAP. They just started their MAP program this year. We are choosing to adhere to it.

"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com"

Amazon is the seller. Good luck getting them to adhere to anything.

but then again, they are only a few dollars off every other seller on amazon and ebay.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Does the gen 2 pvs14 come with a j-arm?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn you Vic and Eric....

Now I REALLY want some sentinels. Good thing I got my car paid off
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#35]
are the comspec devices using milspec glass, or comspec glass?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I recently bought a PVS14 Comspec from Night goggles. Was delivered monday and wont be able to fully use it until this weekend. I do not have any experience with NV but I have been a lurker on this thread for quite some time. I was originally thinking of getting the TNVC PVS 14 but 3000 was out of my budget and buying a used one wasn't an option. I only plan to use it for fishing/hunting at night so a Gen 3 milspec tube wasn't that big of a deal for me. So far using it in my backyard at night I am very pleased with my purchase. The lens is clear and after adjusting the gain everything becomes extremely clear. Once I get back from the lake this weekend I will make a short write up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's being touted as non-combat grade, because you aren't going to see anything GEN 2 on the battlefield currently, and that's for a reason. I also wouldn't recommend it to LE because of resolution and the legalities that may come into play.
View Quote

Do you know how the Photonis tubes you have compare to Photonis' top of the line products like XR5? I'm guessing they are pretty much the same tubes minus autogating, just with slightly lesser specs, but still am interested how big the difference is or isn't. It's funny how the price for Photonis com-spec tubes are on your side of the pond Not half the price, but not far from it either..

Edit: and thanks for clarifying the thin filmed etc things, I know what you're talking about with things turning into a matrix at 4am from caffeine induced hallucinations
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Any plans for clip ons?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also when is the gopro adapter ready??
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll take a couple of the DVRs!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#43]
GoPro adapter?

Clip-on?

You keep skipping these two questions
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quick question. The PVS-14 Gen2 Plus shows a warranty period of 1 year, while the PVS-14 Gen2 Comspec, PVS-7 Plus and PVS-7 Comspec show warranty periods of two years. Is this correct?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Is it possible to get just the goggle? I already have mounting hardware.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top