Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:24:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a link? I'm not finding it on their website.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm very interested in these also.  are the filters for sale yet ?

the last article i saw in soldier systems last month referenced that the filters were available now but i havn't seem them for sale anywhere yet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the color tube sentinel.  I haven't seen the filters yet.  From what I understand it is the -B filter on the front and two different color filters on the back, ala wilcox's amber filter.
View Quote

I doubt a -B would be enough to provide a good difference between the images, I have a feeling it might be more complex than just a cutoff filter. My non-educated guess is they both have filters and the other might be a bandpass and the other a bandstop filter, with probably not a steep cutoff so that they have some overlap to allow proper stereo image. They might even have some wavelenghts going in for both tubes that are not important for what they are aiming for, just to allow more light and more of that proper stereo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW I spoke with these guys about the filters and they recommended that I only use them on tubes with manual gain control.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FWIW I spoke with these guys about the filters and they recommended that I only use them on tubes with manual gain control.
View Quote

I heard that is why Dual Gain Sentinels came out.
TDunn, when are you gonna upgrade?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
That picture is not of the HD filters in use (well, not solely) Those are the new 'color' tubes. Obviously the left tube is red phosphorous and the left is green. They use the HD lens filters mounted to the front to filter light for each respective tube. The different color tubes and different light spectrums help give the image more depth and a 3D effect of sorts. It's kind of hard to explain but pretty cool to see in person!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's the demo image green & red channels separated if that tells anyone anything. If I look them crosseyed or by zooming it out to be as small as my eye separation is and then relaxing my eyes it always comes out from by brain as only green, but I suppose that is far from how they look in reality.

Green and red tubes

Same as BW, easier to see differences.

And here's the view through a normal tube without filters as BW for easier comparison
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Should have made the previous post a new instead of editing. Posting so you can take a look at what the filters do
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#11]
How much gain do they cut back? Looks about the same as IR filters, so maybe 15%?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How much gain do they cut back? Looks about the same as IR filters, so maybe 15%?
View Quote

At least from the demo pics it seems more than 15% and in the comments section of the news site I picked the images from someone said the light loss has been said to be little too much and that was at least partly the reason for going for the red phosphor tube. But the front filters will lose light there is no way around it, who knows how large parts of the spectrum they remove from each tube, from the pics at least it seems they look quite different so it might be much more than 15%.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Nobody picked up a pair yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top